Nvidia Inspector Questions

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Barkhorn1x, Nov 21, 2014.

1. Barkhorn1x

Barkhorn1x Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 6970 2GB DD
    Hello. Was an AMD card guy up until this week when I pixked up a GTX 760.

I have questions on Nvidia Inspector:
    1. When you play a game you select the correct profile
    2. Do you need to do this each time you play if you play the same game day after day or just once?
    3. If you switch games then I assume you need to select the appropriate profile at that point, correct?
    4. How does NI interact w/ the Nvidia CP? Which settings trump which? Last one saved?

Thanks.

2. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    You don`t need to select anything in Nvidia Inspector. NI is tool for editing the game profiles which are used by Nvidia drivers when game`s exe-file is launched.

Edit: These game profiles you see in NI are the same ones you see in NVCP. NI just gives you more options (and in more raw/binary view).

Last edited: Nov 21, 2014
  3. Pyrage

Pyrage Master Guru

GPU:
    580 CF@ 1470
    NI is like a more in depth version of the NVCP. There you can see a lot of hidden features like AA profiles. But its all based in NVCP, if you set everything to default in the CP, it will mess your NI settings for example.

4. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Only use NVCP for enabling/Disabling DSR, changing resolution/scaling,setting up monitors.

Use inspector for everything else. Much more intuitive, responsive and easier to parse once you get used to it.

5. OrdinaryOregano

OrdinaryOregano Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
    1, 2 and 3 - No, you just edit the profiles, you don't have to select anything. The correct profile is selected by the driver automatically when the exe is launched. This is what happens regardless of whether you use NI or not.

All NI does is give you more control, more options over profiles to edit, it doesn't change how the driver interacts with the applications.

4 - NI just gives you more in-depth options for the same profiles so essentially yeah last one saved is how it should be affected.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2014
  6. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Bolded answers

7. Barkhorn1x

Barkhorn1x Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 6970 2GB DD
    OK, TY to all who responded. You answered my questions.

8. Heronjr

Heronjr Guest

GPU:
    NVidia GTX780
    I would like to add another question: what if I create one or two alternate profiles to my Flight Simulator? How do I proceed if I want today to use Profile-2?

Thanks
    Heron

9. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Create two profiles for none-existing-exe-file-names and then attach real-exe-file-name to profile you want to use (and detach real-exe-file-name from another profile).

10. Heronjr

Heronjr Guest

GPU:
    NVidia GTX780
    I didn' t know I could ( and how) detach an exe from a profile. How's that? There are many secrets in this Inspector I still have to discover. I am sure that in versions before 1973 I created profiles with specific applied parameters which worked without attaching it to an exe file. For instance, i limited framerates to 29, pressed the "Apply" button, entered in my Flight Sim and the framerates were at max 29.

Regards,
    Heron

11. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Search the toolbar for a group with two buttons - with green plus and red cross (x-like). Hint for green-plus-button is "add application to current profile". Hint for red-cross-button (drop-down button actually) is "remove application from current profile".
    If you will look to any profile you will see that it has at least one application (exe-file-name) attached - the one for which profile was created.
    These profiles are invoked by drivers any time application with exe-file-name attached to profile is invoked.

12. Heronjr

Heronjr Guest

GPU:
    NVidia GTX780
    Mkb,

That was great pal. Now I got the Inspector spirit! Big thanks.

Regards,
    Heron