Ubisoft Taunts Software pirates with missing FOV control in Far Cry 4

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sh!trow :p

3. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    I only get warez versions of games in order to test them, so I can decide for myself whether a game is worth buying (reviews are subjective and some times even not to be trusted.) So this could actually backfire. People will then not buy it, since the warez version lacks a FOV slider, heh.

4. DeAnt28790

DeAnt28790 Member

GPU:
    I'm getting tired of Ubisoft's stunts.
    Yes, Watch Dogs runs fine for me now.
    Yes, Assassin's Creed Unity runs well.
    But all this patching and stupid companion app tasks are really starting to annoy me and it makes me so sad because I think these games are really good otherwise.
    I do think Ubisoft make really good games. So why do they keep screwing up their own stuff? And please for the love of all that is good can they please make Uplay better than then stinking pile of stuff it is now.

5. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    lol what!

This is bull****. The FOV slider was patched in. Majority of people who posted about lack of fov slider were also complaining of not being able to log into Uplay, which means....surprise surprise, they couldnt download the patch.

Ubi taking credit for the something that is just there incompetence. Why was the fov slider even something that needed to be patched in anyway. It was already in the engine since FC3 and if anything, this just proves wrong the Ubi defenders argument that Ubis games are developed on the pc and then ported over to consoles.

6. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I did neither pirate the game or plan on buying it, but well... if they put an equal amount of time into properly making a game and releasing it bugfree with all options, a lot of paying customers wouldn't think about turning to piracy for crappy games they produce. Just my opinion though.

7. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Can they please just remove Uplay as EA should remove Origin and get the games available trough Steam instead.
    Every stupid company comes with their own stupid little **** app these days, god forbid that you see another publishers games! WTF?!

8. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Patched in huh? Then it's not even Ubisoft doing the talking. It's high-quality-journalism polygon putting words into their mouth. They really should stick to writing about boobs instead.

9. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Actually uplay is the main reason I'm not buying Ubisoft games anymore.
    Also, it's only PC gamers having to suffer from such sub-par platforms. Even at the best times I have never went above 3/10 for Origin if it asked me if I'd be likely to recommend Origin to a friend. Usually it's the lowest rating I go for (don't know if it's 0 or 1).

But if games themselves are crap, even the best platform doesn't help. The biggest joke are games that Ubisoft releases on Steam, just to let you download and install uplay in addition to it. I felt BS'ed with Heroes of Might and Magic.

10. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    sorry for you UBI... it work fine :banana:

due to coding i guess that there is some innocent who have FOV disabled too lol

*Edit* you can have UBI game on Origin too :) ok i shut up lol

11. silapakorn

silapakorn Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX980 SC 4GB
    If you have time to troll, you have time to fix your Uplay.

12. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Yeah, no idea why they HAVE to throw their launcher app into our face, must be some incompetent CEO's idea.
    Same can be said for a lot of other companies like Blizzard, Glyph and so on.
    None of them seems to understand that things can be so much easier with one unified launcher app (Steam or better) instead of that every one needs to have their own stupid thing.
    Not to talk about their digital download prices.... how many do still buy them keys directly from the companies these days when you can get the same keys a lot cheaper (up to 50% !!!) from resellers that bought a whole bulk of them?

13. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    fuel on the fire...

14. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    I think some sites are getting the wrong end of the stick here, Ubi didn't disable the FOV in the pirated version to tease them, its simply that the pre-release (non day 1 patched) version of the game had a number of settings missing - 1 of which was the FOV setting.

As such anyone who complained about the FOV being missing, ousted themselves as pirates as any version that released properly got all the extra settings.

15. alisaman

alisaman Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 780 WC
    haha

Using this logic, all versions WITH FOV control then MUST BE LEGAL! :banana:

16. bigfutus

bigfutus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 VENTUS 10G
    Uplay is annoying like hell, because it pops out some stupid windows for uploading videos to Youtube. FU Ubisoft, i don't want to do that.

17. Keesberenburg

Keesberenburg Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    Lol, and if you play borderless screen you dont have the FOV slider.

18. sapo_joe

sapo_joe Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX4090 OC
    I used to be a pirate like you, but then I took a Steam sale in the knee.

Now, seriously, if you think the game is expensive now, just wait for it to be on sale or until next year, when it'll be half the price. Easy as that!

19. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Who cares, let them play with no FOV. It gives eye seizures playing like that.

20. jimdove

jimdove Guest

GPU:
    Windforce 1080ti
    pc gamers show ubisoft the kind of contempt ubisoft show PC gamers. We use pirate versions to test your ****. Make the games properly and we may pay for them. Get rid of uplay for a ****ing start.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.