Review: Corsair Gaming M65 RGB game mouse

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 20, 2014.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    We review the Corsair Gaming M65 RGB Gaming mouse, the device is sturdy with an aluminum design, it's aesthetically pleasing with configurable RGB LEDs and has a grip that is intensely impressive. Th...

Review: Corsair Gaming M65 RGB game mouse

2. Darkje

Darkje Member Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX 3060Ti
    Looks nice, hope they learned from the M60.

Meaning I hope the sniper button has an etched symbol instead of paint that quickly wears off, and it does not need regular reflashing the same firmware to restore the middle button click function.

A right side button would also have been nice, the two thumb ones on the M60 can be a bit hard to distinguish between in the heat of a battle...

Other than those minor issues I really liked my M60, so I suppose this can't be worst and might be better.

3. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Great review. This may be my next mouse.

4. vg24a3

vg24a3 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980TI Gaming 6G
    Looking good, design resembles my R.A.T. 7

5. MasterBash

MasterBash Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX970 SSC+
    Laser, definitely not for me. I really dislike the built-in acceleration you cant remove. M45 is a much better option imo (As long as the sensor implimentation is good).

6. Coca Cola

Coca Cola Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780
    I have had this mouse for a week and already need to RMA it. Everything I left single click is a double click. This and the k70 rgb problems I am having are not making me happy with Corsair this year.

7. vg24a3

vg24a3 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980TI Gaming 6G
    What kind of problems do you have with K70 RGB? I am planning to buy it, so your input would be very much appreciated.

8. zimzoid

zimzoid Guest

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    I had the m65 before they changed to that horrible new branding anyway I sold it and got the m45 with the optical senser I find it much more accurate in fps games.

9. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    I have the M65 on a Corsair m200 fabric mouse mat and its a really nice match, the only problem i found with the m65 is the sniper button is a bit too far forward for comfort but it looks like the new one is slightly further back so this maybe my crimbo pressy to myself :)

10. MasterBash

MasterBash Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX970 SSC+
    Ya, thats because it is. Laser (9500/9800) have built-in acceleration. I don't like acceleration at all.

11. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    I'm really impressed no one took a shot at the logo. That really gets old. Personally,I love my Razer Naga. On my 2nd one in about 5 yrs. Razer is coming out with a Naga epic Chroma.The side buttons are going to mechanical,so I will be all over that mouse.
    vg24a3.. I have the K65 RGB and I don't have any problems. It works great. The software is coming along and getting better. I think you would be fine getting the K70 RGB. I'm going to get the K70 RGB with blue switches when it comes out again.

12. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    does it support tilt wheel or does it lack it like all there other "gaming" mouse

13. waltc3

waltc3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT
    Comparison to Perixx MX2000II...? I like the laser because I can use reflective surfaces that hobble an optical. Comments?

14. Coca Cola

Coca Cola Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780
    Sure, I will exlplain.

My original K70 in less than a year experienced double sometimes triple key presses on one key push. I treat my stuff very well considering the price we pay for these things.. but it just went bad. So, I decided... I will get the K70 RGB to replace it since I had got the NZXT Hue RGB case lights. Well, the issue with the K70 RGB is that it freezes the light animations all the time. It has issues with Steam as well. Sometimes when you load Steam the software bugs it out and you cant launch Steam unless you unplug the keyboard and plug it back in. When I turn off my PC the keyboard will not shut off even though I have it set to in Bios options (not power through usb when shut down). Locking the PC makes the keyboard stop using whatever color profile I was using and revert to red. In short, its the software.. if you can deal with it and wait for them to get it together it will be great (assuming this one doesn't crap out like my other K70).

If you have any more questions or if I didn't explain well enough on something let me know.

15. Coca Cola

Coca Cola Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780
    Thats the mouse I am reverting to until they RMA my M65. My M45 is still going strong and my M65 RGB crapped out in a week.

16. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Does it have an analogue mode for the wheel (like Logitech mice do)?

17. maikai

maikai Maha Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070
    ^^ This. Honestly I wouldn't care if the logo was a steaming pile of crap as long as the product works as intended. Besides last I checked no one got laid because they had cool logos on their gaming products in their nerd/masturbation lair

18. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Meh still rocking an original death adder without issue. This mouse just looks uncomfortable to me.

19. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I know a lot of people won't agree but I wish they would remake the Creative 1010 with proper hardware. I liked that model.

20. vg24a3

vg24a3 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980TI Gaming 6G
    Thanks, for your reply, I will have to some more in depth research online about this keyboard, it's a shame though, I really wanted it soon.