NVIDIA GeForce GT 730: CUDA, NVENC and Nero Recode 2014, any alternative?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by doom10, Oct 25, 2014.

1. doom10

doom10 Member

GPU:
    GeForce GT 730
    Hi,

This is my new graphics card:
    Asus GT730-SL-2GD3-BRK
    (NVIDIA GeForce GT 730)

I want encode video with hardware acceleration. I know that x264 is better but I want do it via hardware.

Until now I'm using nero recode 2014 with my GT-730 using hardware acceleration. But I have updated the drivers to 344.11 and the hardware acceleration via CUDA is disabled in nero 2014.

Is it possible use CUDA or NVENC with other software?

What give the best quality? CUDA or NVENC?

What give the best speed conversion? CUDA or NVENC?

Thank you!!!

PS sorry for my poor english, i'm spanish speaker.

2. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
    Hardly any support NVENC yet. If you want to use CUDA again, you can do this, or this. The first one is probably best because they won't be uninstalled when you uninstall your driver.

If they don't work you can install Cyris's modded driver, you will need to disable "Driver Signature Enforcement" first if you have Windows 8/8.1 or you can install Cyris's digital signature, it shows you how in the video.

Cyris has newer modded ones aswell:

3. doom10

doom10 Member

GPU:
    GeForce GT 730
    thank you.

sorry for my poor english. In the first solution, ¿Do you say that I need only install the file of the first link?

is not necessary uninstall the nvidia driver before?

really, ¿isn't there any application that supports nvenc? nvenc is old today, now the new maxwell's have the second generation of nvenc I think.

thank you

4. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
    You should only need to put the NVCUVENC.dll from the first link in the Nero folder where the application is. If Nero is a 64bit app you will only need to download the one for 64 bit systems. If it's a 32 bit app then you will need to download the one for 32 bit systems.

It might not work though so you might have to download the ones from the second link, one will go in "System32" and the other will go in "SysWOW64", the dlls you download are already in the correctly named folders so you will know where to put them

You don't need to uninstall your drivers with the above solutions, but you might need to restart your PC, although I haven't had too.

The best way will probably be to just install one of Cyris's modded drivers, it will be all automated then, the driver will install the NVCUVENC.dlls in the System32" and "SysWOW64" folder automatically.

5. doom10

doom10 Member

GPU:
    GeForce GT 730
    Now I understand. Thank you!

are Cyris's modded drivers better than nvidia official drivers? Is it possible that I have problems of instability with this hack drivers?

6. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    he only add cuda thats it

7. doom10

doom10 Member

GPU:
    GeForce GT 730
    OK. I think so install this mod drivers is the best solution.
    I will try it.

Thank you everyone!