Assassins Creed Unity Recommended Specs Released! [GTX780 or 290X recommended!]

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by CPC_RedDawn, Oct 23, 2014.

1. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    http://www.vg247.com/2014/10/23/assassins-creed-unity-pc-specs/

Those minimums are ****ING INSANE!!!!

2. Texter

Texter Guest

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    All for that steady 30 fps, of course...and yet another 50GB game...right.

3. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    50GB is due to hi res textures (many of them) but mainly uncompressed audio files. They have Blu-Ray discs on both next gen consoles this time. Meaning they don't have to compress anything anymore for one console.

Its the minimum specs I think are simply insane! A 7970 or 680 for min GPU!??

Are they simply INSANE!

If this is minimum for PC what settings are the next gen consoles using because both these GPU's destroy either GPU in both consoles.

I shall be avoiding this game like the plague as it is obviously going to be an unoptimized mess if this is the kind of hardware we need for it!

4. mahmoud elfar

mahmoud elfar Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD6750M OC 775 950
    Why they hate the PC gamers that much and how the console hardware is cabable to run it then if this is the minimum requirments ?

5. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    All those nameless and almost faceless NPCs are totally worth it. This game could kill AC.

6. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Of course those specs are correct, that is what it will take to run the game at 1080p/60 fps, or so they are about to tell us via twitter in the next few days once they get a fresh delivery of feet to power the Ubisoft patented foot in mouth automatic PR nightmare machine. lol

Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
  7. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Bet you $5 that AC Unity is going to be a repeat of AC 3 and AC: BF. :D

8. spider

spider Guest

GPU:
    GTX760 OC 4GB
    The difference between gtx 680 2Gb and 780 3gb is only the ram I think.:confused:
    These recommendations are curious.

9. Tahiti

Tahiti Guest

GPU:
    Club3d hd7950 1125/1600
    I must say you have a point there. It´s only the top of the line that is able to play this game and aces it at the same time coz it´s named in the recommended specs too. I dont understand why they didn´t claim that no current card is fully capable of killing it. It gives a renewed crossfire and OC wish amonst gamers...which is commercially the way to go.

It´s all a bit BS anyway....right?

Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
  10. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I would like to see this as a standard, I'm sick of seeing gamers ripped off by unrealistic minimum and recommend specifications.

This game makes it clear, so people won't spend money on a game they are unable to play.

11. sounar

sounar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080
    a gtx680 and a 2500k for a minimum....that is the funniest thing i read all day and im not even laughing. Bunch of BS..

12. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Well the game is first "real next-gen" like U4E, Luminous, Snowdrop so it will need something like 4tflops as recommended.

Imo 30fps is just sloppy work not using proper techniques & bottlenecking gpu too much, I mean U4E has better next-gen visuals and runs 1x faster, that U4E tech demo ran ok @ OC'ed 580gtx ~ 40-50fps.

But yeah U4E will need the same gpus, 680gtx /7970 min for ok gameplay and faster for optimal..

13. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    I cant take serious system req. anymore.

And whats up with 8350, minimum and recommended? CPU is spanked by any i5 out there.

14. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Watch this game get torrented to hell and back.

Mainly because PC gamers don't trust the devs with these outlandish system requirements and want to see if they can run it themselves.

Then Ubisoft comes out and says all PC gamers do is steal their games....

WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO DEMOS!! FFS!!!

Demos should be LAW on PC esspecially when games require different power hardware to run properly making it easier for PC gamers to judge if the game will run good on their machines.

The day EVERY SINGLE dev releases a demo for EVERY SINGLE game on PC I bet torrent download numbers will take a MASSIVE drop in download numbers.

15. mahmoud elfar

mahmoud elfar Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD6750M OC 775 950
    [​IMG]

16. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Nah, none of that is true, most people pirate games because they can't afford to buy them or had no plan on buying it in the first place.

What's this law nonsense, the PC is an open platform not a dictatorship.

EA are the only devs/publishers offering a refund policy for games you don't like or are unable to get working performance wise, so would be curious of their piracy rates.

17. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I refuse to believe that any of the current and up coming games and their ridiculous HDD requirements are due to textures. Crysis Warhead has better textures than any game thats come out since and including TitanFall, except Shadows of Mordors character models. Uncompressed audio files, while stupid, i can understand.

As for the hardware requirements... Unified memory.

18. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    I know this but you can see my point though.

It doesn't take long to release just one level or one map so people can get a feel for the game or see how it runs on their hardware.

With devs coming out like this with insanely high specs for even minimum its just them shooting themselves in the foot because either people will ignore the game or just pirate it.

Also, sure there are tons of people who pirate games that have no intention of buying the game but there are also tons that want to try it out first and with STEAM, and other digital distributors not offering refunds on games it drives people to pirate the game.

I also never said it would 100% stop piracy because it won't, at all, that would be silly to say. But it would drop the numbers and probably help sell more units of the game once people find out the specs they released at total BS.

19. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    They're the smallest of the pirates imo, most will be as CPC said. Sick of broken ports. Though as you pointed out, refunds are too hard to come by, so that dont help.

20. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    textures do take up a lot when not compressed down, also this game having a lot of different NPC models, and being a large open world game with different locations. There could be quite a few hi res textures in that 50GB.

Mainly it is undoubtedly made up of uncompressed audio. Even TITANFALL downloaded compressed audio and then decompressed them to save on CPU load during gameplay. This could be a factor as these console have pretty weak CPU parts so using those cores to decompress compressed audio on the disk would be a bit silly.

Not defending these specs at all, just think that is my idea as to why it uses that amount of HDD space.

I don't even care it uses 8GB memory, its more the CPU and GPU requirements that are ludicrous.

If this is what it takes to run the game on PC then I hate to think what quality the graphics will be in on consoles at 900p30fps.

Unless these specs are for 1080p and a consistent 60fps.