Canada to toughen terror laws

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Yecnot, Oct 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yecnot

Yecnot Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-29743711

So... you respond to a man who goes on a shooting rampage -- who clearly has f**** all consideration for current laws -- with more laws?

These laws do not affect the people who break them. They affect ordinary citizens. These sods take severe pleasure in undermining our intelligence.

You also take peoples' pass-ports away because of suspected "jihadist sympathies"? #Democracy

Canada and Australia, successfully pulling another Patriot Act.

2. Serial T.

Serial T. Member

GPU:
    Palit Jetstream GTX 780Ti
    It's not really that similar to the PATRIOT ACT, do a little research on why Australia is invalidating pass-ports. Since ISIS started flaring up Australia has become a real target, extremists are coming out of the wood work. To date less than 50 pass-ports have been taken, mostly from individuals planning to leave Australia to fight and support ISIS.

Please don't take offence or think I'm being rude. :)

3. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    Nevermind, the world is better than it's ever been and islam is peaceful.

4. Speed Weed

Speed Weed Guest

GPU:
    GTX 260+
    Time we were doing that here in the UK as well.
    At this moment just about any Tom, Dick or Harry can come swanning into this country, often in the back of an empty lorry, and claim to be a UK citizen because of this.
    Unsuspecting dockers open up these containers thinking that they are empty, only to find a human cargo swarming out, and disappearing like snow off a dike!

5. Serial T.

Serial T. Member

GPU:
    I agree about Islam being peaceful, it's the extremists I worry about.

6. scipio

scipio Guest

GPU:
    Evga 1080 gaming
    I assure you that's not what he meant.

7. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    As I've got a close relationship with Canada and family over there, I regularly visit the Canadian's home and native land ( ;) ), I'm a bit sad to see terror swapping over in such a manner. Not surprised to be honest, but saddened none the less.

But I tend to share the op's view about such policies: They don't really help... you find 3, yet there's another extremist who walks in somewhere and starts opening fire. He already was on the watchlist, so actually, surveillance worked as it was, or what is that watchlist for anyway? It's just fighting symptoms anyway, not the cause of such acts.

I see myself having to put up fingerprints like a criminal when I return to Canada next summer, which actually is offending my sense of personal freedom. And it won't help anybody.

8. Speed Weed

Speed Weed Guest

GPU:
    GTX 260+
    A lorry containing mere children was left at a service station on the M25 recently, when the adults with them legged it for the nearest rathole so that they wouldn't be picked up and sent home.
    Obviously, the children will receive the best of care and education now, and will be regarded as UK citizens asap.

9. Serial T.

Serial T. Member

GPU:
    I know but the lack of sarcasm quotes led me to believe that the post may not have been entirely serious. :)

As far as Australia is concerned our revoking of pass-ports and other anti-terrorist actions have helped keep our more misguided citizens from joining ISIS or other extremist organisations, I have hope that democracy will remain unchanged and our freedoms as they are will remain intact for a while longer.

A little of-topic, sorry. :)

Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
  10. Veeshush

Veeshush Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_Eyes

Too late.

Though in the back of my head I'm also waiting for some idiot blowing something up to un**** all the progress that has been made after the Snowden hype. The media themselves have to rely on privacy driven technology for their stories and contacts, so there's at least that safeguard to slightly prevent fear mongering "Would you give up your privacy if it'd mean the terrorist would win as a result?" sort of stories.

11. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    The only law the people who they want to stop will respect is shariah law. They should stop the problem at the source - the people who encourage muslims to wage jihad and finance it. And also give some damn money to their military so that they don't hunt for spares in museums!

12. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Then will then continue to sponge of the state without working as they grow up and bring all of the family over as permanent residents who will then continue to sponge. At least one of the members will then become a terrorist or will know of a terrorist that is fighting against the UK.

It wont be too many years away that you will hear of beheadings in the UK.
    Why? Because there will be too many of them as they breed like Rats.
    The UK will be overun by that time and there wont be a thing the government can do about it.

"Run the white man to the sea" The way i see it its happening right now, people are moving further and further away from there native and actually out of the country altogether.

Think of the the longterm like in 20-30 years from now or maybe 50 - 70 years.

As for Isis they should just Nuke that entire area in Syria, send out a message and teach them a hard lesson.

My opinion before the thread becomes locked.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.