Advanced Warfare - PC Recommended Requirements

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Next to the minimum we requirements we shared, the Steam store page now offers the recommended requirements for Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare. Activision recommends 8GB of RAM, an i5-2500K (that is t...

Advanced Warfare - PC Recommended Requirements

2. Mato87

Mato87 Guest

GPU:
    GB GTX 970 G1 Gaming
    Yeah right...who even believes these recommended PC specs...the game doesn't look any good either...remember those recommended specs for shadow of mordor and evil within?

3. Bassarnis

Bassarnis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 770 4gb SLI
    Anyone else sees the word "PORT" written all over this? Smells like 55gb of uncompressed textures.

4. stat1cx

stat1cx Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390 GAMING 8G
    Or 40 GB's of uncompressed audio files :banana: Afterall its next gen game, so they have to make it look like next gen :D Big size, uber Vram requirements= next gen confirmed :D

5. Mato87

Mato87 Guest

GPU:
    GB GTX 970 G1 Gaming
    Not only those things, but the recommended specs are just out of whack...

6. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Game after game and all this system req. makes no sense.

7. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    8 gigs of ram must come from the consoles and that is it. "cause consoles 8gb = pc must have 8gb". and hdd comes from being huge ass installs on consoles too... :e

8. Mato87

Mato87 Guest

GPU:
    GB GTX 970 G1 Gaming
    That's just obtuse from devs, "next gen" consoles do have 8 gigs of ram, but it's a unified ram, that means they use at least 2 gigs of ram for the background tasks and console specific system software and all the remaining avaialble ram they generally use for the game.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
  9. Ven0m

Ven0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Yeah right, 4GB VRAM recommended. How many people have that much? Less than 5%? Less than 2%?

10. NAMEk

NAMEk Guest

GPU:
    Gainward/GTX560/2GB
    Am i the only one who thinks that this game is made so bad, that devs should pay me for playing it?

11. vazup

vazup Guest

GPU:
    r9 280X
    Seeing that gtx 970's are out of stock all the time I bet the number of those people are much much larger.

12. k37chup

k37chup Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit 4070
    You are not. I gave up years ago ;)

13. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Yeah... 4 GB of VRAM. Nice one!

I dare say if you use lower antialiasing settings that it will drop back to 3 GB. There's no doubt some settings that can (hopefully) be tweaked that will allow no drop in quality but save a crap load of video memory. Sometimes it seems they set some settings too high that don't improve things visually and takes up lots of resources, whilst at the same time have some settings set quite low and raising them will have little impact on performance and resources whilst having noticeable affects visually.

14. Mato87

Mato87 Guest

GPU:
    GB GTX 970 G1 Gaming
    Yep, I waited for over 3 weeks to get mine gtx 970 and have to wait another two months to get another one, they are all out of stock at the moment. But hey you can get all the gtx 980 you want, they are all full stock :D

Even less, if you refuse to use any aa, the vram usage will drop below 2gb.

15. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    It is true that Evil Within and Mordor had some pretty over the top specs.

But think about this for a moment.

We are getting FOV slider as well which can be increased to 90* so that is more screen to render.

Plus it has been proven time and time again that consoles to achieve 1080p 60fps have to use some weird form of upscaling to achieve the resolution.

It was used in Killzone Shadow Fall where they would cache pixels that were already rendered in previous frames to fill in the gaps and render the next frame.

I am sure this is how COD:AW is doing it as well, as the series is known for 60fps.

So on PC we are getting proper 1080p+ resolution, dedicated servers, choice of controls, fov slider, some reasonable needed specs (minus the 4GB VRAM), all they need to do now is enable mod support from the get go and they have me sold. It wouldn't be too hard to add this to the Steam Mod Community page and let the community go nuts.

It could work as well, as they could just release the multiplayer DLC on consoles and Single Player DLC on both console and PC. As we could be making out own game modes, maps, servers, etc.

This won't happen I know but so far they seem to be doing literally everything right for me so far and I haven't enjoyed a COD game since Black Ops 1.

16. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Yes it is but they are lazy like that :D

17. Mato87

Mato87 Guest

GPU:
    GB GTX 970 G1 Gaming
    Two latest cod iterations were mighty awful, both flops2 and cod doge.
    I hate to use this term but they were a ridiculously bad ports to begin with.
    I liked first black ops though, both it's story and I played a little bit of multiplayer too...but after that came mw3, which was a huge disappointment...well at least the story was kind of allright, the multiplayer was more than lackluster. But I digress.
    What I meant to say was I don't believe this game to be as revolutionary as they are portraying it to be. I lost hope after cod ghosts and I most certainly won't get tricked 3 times in a row to buy this garbage.

18. Primey0

Primey0 Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 7900 XT
    1) Dedicated servers aren't confirmed.
    2) Those specs aren't reasonable.
    3) KillZone is the only game that had to do that weird way of achieving 1080p.
    4) You seem very excited for advanced warfare on PC. I can tell you now: You're going to be shot down in flames when it releases. Might I mention they have said nothing about an anti-cheat and the previous title was a mess.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
  19. Equinoxe

Equinoxe Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 TI GAMING SLI
    ''Additional Notes: Field of View ranges from 65deg-90deg.''

Finally

20. JJayzX

JJayzX Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Trio 4090 W/C
    Games tend to last longer when people are able to mod and create new stuff for it. They don't want that, they want to sell you another game year after year. Its sad cause I miss user created material in games like this. Most games I play are moddable. mmmm KSP :)