GTX 750 Ti, a fantastic middleclass GPU.

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by dampflokfreund, Oct 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dampflokfreund

dampflokfreund Master Guru

GPU:
    8600/8700M Series
    Who owns it? I think it has a great value for the price and it does run the most games at good FPS rates and details, furthermore it has the Maxwell architecture which will of course receive further optimizations in games and features in the future (such as FULL DX12 support)

My brother bought a GTX 750 Ti and is very satisfied. I bought a Maxwell Notebook too and I'm surprised how good it performs. Seems like the Maxwell architecture was a really good idea from Nvidia, and thanks to GTX 970 it will get love from High End gamers.

Are you satisfied with your GTX 750 Ti?

2. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    They apparently overclock great too.

3. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    And there's a single slot air cooled card too, for those already suffering a stuffed case. I'm curious if they'd make a good dedicated physix card...

4. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Its hardly a "middleclass" card - its almost as low end as you can go. Never the less, its good value for money :)

5. Santa666

Santa666 Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1080TI
    I recently upgraded from a GTX 560 TI 448, which had enough performance for most titles with little IQ decreases. If I had anything slower than that I would also have got me a 750 TI, because for the Price, Shader Count and efficiency is nothing else near.
    You can upgrade to a new GPU and even keep your old PSU.
    Good Budget Card for People with pre-built PC´s me thinks.

Edit: Missing word injection

Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
  6. PNeV

PNeV Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor
    I am looking to get one in my ITX build I plan on doing since KFA/Galaxy do a "Low Profile" version of it (card is small but the Heatsink is still quite chunky).

[​IMG]

7. dampflokfreund

dampflokfreund Master Guru

GPU:
    8600/8700M Series
    No, it scores a 5k score in 3DMark, that's definately middleclass. Low end would score less than 2k and didn't had 640 Cores, but less than 400. Everywhere the card is called Middleclass too and that's what it is.

8. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    750Ti is low-end? Sure.

9. Elite3540

Elite3540 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G OC
    I believe every videocard is special in their own way, it just depends on the cards you get.

Some cards can go higher then xxxx but some just can't.

The 750 ti is sure a good card, not sure if it's low-end but I think for the money it's great value wise. :)

10. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    For a gamer on the budget 750ti is a great card but i would not go lower than that.

11. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    Im building a gaming rig for my stepson (9yr old) for xmas.
    He's been begging his Mum for one for ages after seeing games on my PC.

Good boy hes only 9 and he recognises that a PC > PS4 > XB1 etc etc :)

Was gonna get the Palit Dual Storm 750ti which is the fastest of the 750 Ti's, only £108 aswell.
    Look like great like cards.

However just picked up a 670 Msi Power OC edition from ebay for £90, but damn i was impressed with the reviews of that 750 Ti.

12. stevevnicks

stevevnicks Guest

GPU:
    Don't need one
    I would put the 750ti in the lower tier mid range graphics card, I'd say something like the R7 240/250 ddr3 or ddr5 would be low end.

13. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Doesnt matter what it scores - from nvidias current lineup of gpu's, its low end.

14. KopyKat007

KopyKat007 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 960 SC
    Ive got this card and considering i only play on a 20 inch 900p monitor, its perfect! More than enough half the time for medium to high settings at 60+ FPS.

Overclocked really good as well right out of the box gaining a solid 8-10 fps in most benchmarks i tested with. For the money its one of the best and performs around or on par with a 570 or more depending on the overclock.

Very happy with it for my setup :)

15. MonarchX

MonarchX Banned

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 @ 1480Mhz GPU
    GTX 750 Ti is for 2D Steam games, old games, and very very few new 3D games. Its minimum entry gaming class. Middle-level class is highly overclocked GTX 760 4GB or GTX 770 4GB. For now or until the next big nVidia or AMD card is released, entry High-End starts with overclocked (not stock!) GTX 970 and ends with whichever Titan Black for a single card and any faster SLI combination you can think of.... 4x SLI GTX Titan Black I guess. 2GB cards are a thing of the past. 3GB cards are being replaced by GTX 970 and GTX 980 now that games ask for 4GB of VRAM or even 6GB of VRAM for 1080p gaming!!!

Mark my words (for I am the Tech Prophet) - the reason GTX 980 is rather cheap in comparison to what GTX 780 Ti was before GTX 980 release is not because nVidia is so sweet and nice or that manufacturing cost is lower but because its targeted as being mainstream or in other wards - average gaming card needed to run tomorrow' games at respectable framerate. GTX 780 Ti was considered High-End, but even though GTX 980 beats it fair and square when overclocked, the game has changed and GTX 980 is NOT true High-End. It may seem so for now, but only because the true High-End has not been released yet. The true High-End is still on its way and will cost up to $1000.

This is MY scale, whether you agree or not:
    "To Play PC Games" does not mean playing at 720p @ low or even medium settings or playing cheapo 2D Steam games. "To Play PC Games" means to play PC games @ 1080p or higher while maxing out graphics completely or mostly and receiving acceptable framerate in recent games. Guru3D has a great measure for what is acceptable, but I'd say 40fps+ is that target. For such gaming:
    GTX 970 - a MUST-HAVE. Its $350, something a real PC gamer should be able to afford, considering previous card of the same level was GTX 780.
    GTX 980 - a NICE-TO-HAVE to either max out the settings + some extra stuff like SSAA/Downsampling, maybe even some 4K, and to get them 60fps.
    GTX 990/Titan 2 - Enthusiast Level, high framerate for 120Hz monitors, 4K gaming, just throwing anything at it. True High-End.

Guru3D and many other benchmarkers are stuck in the past
    , using Tomb Raider, BioShock, and a few other OLD games, which are not representative of future and upcoming games. Crysis 3, which is actually a part of Guru3D tests, is the game to use as a guide. The next will be Witcher 3. Its the poorly optimized Console to PC ports that need to be used as benchmarks for such is the future of PC gaming. If developers optimized for PC's instead of consoles, then I get 4GB VRAM usage could be fit into 2GB VRAM usage, but it won't.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2014

16. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I like your use of colors :bugeye:

Anyway, I tend to agree with you, except that especially bad PC ports might need 4GB of VRAM instead of 3GB, I'd say, but maybe I'm wrong.

17. laststop

laststop Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Toxic 2GB 5870
    How would the 750 ti be for a dedicated physx card? Too much power? Just enough power for max physx rendering? Too little power? Anyone use it for this purpose? I've never used a dedicated physx card but I am thinking about it when I get a gm210 gpu to replace my radeon and was thinking the 750 ti would be perfect. How do you make the pc recognize the 2nd card as a physx card? What kind of fps increase do you see on your main card offloading all the physx vs doing everything off just 1 card?

According to sites I've read they say any nvidia gpu gtx 460 and above gets no benefit from running a dedicated physx gpu is that true? Something about they already have the hardware in them to do it without a penalty to fps and it's only useful if you have a radeon card that can't do physx and you do some workaround with a dedicated nvidia gpu to get the physx effects while running a radeon card. They also say a gt 240 or gt 430 is all the power u need for a physx card so a 750 ti is probably overkill and should get a cheaper card to do it. Any physx experts on here?

18. DeathAngel74

DeathAngel74 Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti FTW3 Hbrd
    I have the GTX 750 non-Ti 2GB version and you can overclock the s*it out of it.
    I kept increasing core/memory/boost clocks until 3dmark sky diver and firestrike started flashing red and green lines and white dots, lol. I backed off 13MHz and flashed the bios again and its stable at the clocks posted below. I am happy I took a change and spend the $159. 35.5% increase over stock clocks. I would recommend it to anyone on a budget, but not wanting to sacrifice "performance". I average 55-63 fps in most 3d games I play on ultra settings+1440p on a 42in. 1080p hdtv(non-DSR, regular downsampling). Best of all, I don't have a 6-pin connector on the card. It's running off the 75W PCI-E rail.
    http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/4512720
    http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/4511688

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Good card in the value department.

For 3d development in Unity and even game capture, it's a very affordable option.. Ive placed the 750ti in almost every new system I've deployed in my office and they do the job.

For performance 3d, they are pretty weak. Not bad (for the money) but certainly not that good even at 1080p, let alone higher

20. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    This would be of interest to me too, as I thought about adding one with a decent cooler / passive cooled + my own fan(s) to it as a dedicated Physix card to my next rig, keeping the SLI for the graphics.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.