Gigabyte Take ONE get TWO promotion

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    If you reside in the western of Europe and are on the lookout for a Z97 motherboard, then Gigabyte might have a nice action for you. All customers that purchase a Black edition motherboard (Z97X-UD3H-...

Gigabyte Take ONE get TWO promotion

2. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    That seems like an epic deal! Shame there's not one for a mATX board, otherwise I'd have to seriously consider Z97!

3. darkjj

darkjj Guest

Wow, Thats what i call SERVICE and love for their customers.

4. James Frazer

James Frazer Member Guru

GPU:
    NA
    Have to say that I think the article's title is misleading. 'Take ONE, get TWO' suggests that at some point you will have two motherboards to use but that is not the case here. It should be 'Take ONE get FREE upgrade'.

That's my opinion any way.

5. Mato87

Mato87 Guest

GPU:
    GB GTX 970 G1 Gaming
    Incredible deal, if I didn't have my current rig I would definitely buy the GIGABYTE X99-Gaming G1 WIFI right now and after three years upgrade to something new, shame they offer only the mid range priced motherboards in this promotion though :)

Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
  6. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    Nice.

7. SoloCreep

SoloCreep Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI
    Wow 3 years is a long time "in computer years" for a deal like that, nice.

8. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    It's nothing but marketing. They're hoping that by the time you're ready to upgrade, you forget that this service existed for your motherboard.

9. darkjj

darkjj Guest

But you WILL get 2 boards for the price of 1... The title isnt misleading imo thats why theres not only a title but also an article under it.

10. James Frazer

James Frazer Member Guru

GPU:
    NA
    Yes, there is an article under it... maybe you should have read it. Here, let me help you:

'This upgrade warranty provides the end-user the right to exchange the purchased mainboard within three years of purchase date against one from a future series. If the end-user prefer a GIGABYTE mainboard from a future series or they want to use a new CPU with a different chipset base, the Black Edition Mainboard may be returned within three years and the buyer will receive free of charge a new mainboard.'

The paragraph above even starts with the wording I used, 'upgrade' and 'exchange' means that you have to send the older board back to receive the new one, hence you only ever have a single board at a time. 'Buy ONE, get one FREE' does not mean that you buy a product and then take it back for an exchange, it means that you buy one and you get a second free of charge to take with you and so you then have 2 items in your possession.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2014

11. Megabiv

Megabiv Guest

GPU:
    GTX980Ti SLI (h²o)
    The point is that you get a free UPGRADE to a new motherboard, ie. one that is different to your current one. That would mean you paid for one motherboard (First) and later upgraded for free to ANOTHER (The second) board.

My only issue/concern with this is that if I did want to upgrade a motherboard using this deal (and looking at the news of Broadwell being delayed I might just be getting the upgrade itch again) is that during this whole process I'll be left without a functioning computer. I mean there is no mention of the actual turn around for them to receive then test and ship out your new board. Going by normal RMA's it'll be over a week at least provided I'm not shipping it abroad.

Other than that it does seem like a nice deal.

12. James Frazer

James Frazer Member Guru

GPU:
    NA
    I agree with what you are saying but I still stand by my opinion that the article's title is misleading. If you buy a board and it fails and you RMA it you don't them claim to have bought one and received two do you? Which in effect is exactly what this is, an authorised RMA within 3 years without your board having a defect. At no point do you have two boards and for an undisclosed length of time, you have no board at all as you mention.

There is also a further issue in that the new board is only covered for a further 14 months which is only just over a year. ASUS also covers their boards for 36 months so if you really look at this it is as I have mentioned, an RMA system without the need for a fault for the return.

13. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    It's similar to eVGA's "Step-Up" Program only with a longer time frame and no additional, future cost in regards to the new product.

Question is, how many people are going to get screwed by this deal?

14. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    They're only trying to regain some of the shrinking market share of mainboards. And bind the user to buy another one of those boards in a couple of months/years to keep that share they hope to get with this promotion.

If one was planning on buying a Z97 / gigabyte mainboard, this could be nice, anyway.