Specs on Intel Skylake IGP leak

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    There has been talk and gossip about the upcoming Intel Skylake IGP. Chips based on the IGP are due for launch in 2015. CPU World got a hold of new details about the Skylake GT1, GT2, GT3e and GT4e ...

Specs on Intel Skylake IGP leak

2. icedman

icedman Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI MECH RX 6750XT
    I wish they would just cut these useless igps out of the i7's amd i5K's they should realise anyone buying these is going to have a real gpu anyways just cut the costs or something ide take an extra dollar off rather then have this garbage added in.

3. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    True but like the idea of have back up GPU when I RMA my video cards so i dont have paper weight lying around for weeks.

Even if they did have version without them, they might charge us more for them lol

4. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Well that's just flat out not true.

Laptops, tablets, entry level units and workstations. Power saving, cut out the real gpu when not in use and you will likely save money in the long run for the small added cost of this igpu.

5. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    so is there any word on how these chips will stack up vs Haswell-e? I specifically held off of x99 due to the potential for Skylake to be the better way to go and elected to upgrade my graphics instead. Would be a shame for these to release and have nothing but x99 to upgrade to.

6. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
  7. laststop

laststop Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Toxic 2GB 5870
    GT4e could be pretty amazing in a super thin gaming oriented ultrabook. current iris pro 5200 has 40EU and 128mb edram and does pretty well in 720 resolution can play all games on medium or high at that resolution smoothly. With 72EU + architecture improvements should easily more than double the performance of haswell iris pro 5200.

That should bring many games playable at full 1080 with medium settings and some games even high settings or 720 res and ultra detail which in many cases actually looks better than 1080 with lower detail.

This could also see great use for an HTPC/living room gaming console in 1. The only issue i see is even though intel is making great strides with the igpu it seens everytime intels igpu gets better amd's gets better and it continues to hold a pretty big margin on graphics performance. If all you want is the best gaming on igpu amd apu's are the way to go since games are gpu limited 90% of the time.

Of course none of us hardcore users care at all about igpu. my pc is over 4 years old and I still dont really have to upgrade. I was going to build an x99 but i chose to spend 3000 on a 55" LG oled and i'm glad i did picture is just wow.

8. icedman

icedman Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI MECH RX 6750XT
    I agree with u on this but im talking high end for easier overclocking.

9. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    What are you taking about, the it company that i work for has igp on all employees laptops, we don't need high -end gpu's for server administration. Actually i think every single business laptop out there that is not use for graphics purpose has igp from intel.
    So yeah, what you wish will never happen, because they come with the package, they are cheap and they are fast enough to run anything but games.

10. k3vst3r

k3vst3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KP3090
    high-end already exists without IGP, that's haswell-E

if you want high-end it's X99...the Z87 is not classed as high end to Intel
    hence inclusion of IGP

11. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

They're probably focusing on the graphics side so much because the Intel graphics have the perception (rightly so) of being quite poor, and more importantly they want to 'steal' market share away from AMD's APUs. The upcoming Carizzo APU will have to be something pretty special then, despite still being Bulldozer based (Excavator core) and have Radeon graphics. The Excavator core supposedly has a larger leap in performance compared to Bulldozer --> Piledriver, or Piledriver --> Steamroller, so we'll see what happens.

It was rumoured at one stage the the unlocked desktop Skylake processors, if they actually do eventuate (they may not even make properly unlocked ones) won't be out until 2016, around the same time AMD are supposedly releasing their completely new architecture. It may be the case Intel will only release unlocked Skylake processors on Z107 Socket 1151 (not the enthusiast Skylake's) if it appears the competition from AMD is strong. The reason why they wouldn't release a properly unlocked socket 1151 processor is because they are competing with themselves a little against their enthusiast i7's. Realistically if people want to overclock, it will push them into that higher market segment which has a higher markup for Intel.

12. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I don't mind the integrated GPU :p Great for emergencies and testing. Also makes me feel like I'm getting more for my money lol. I hope the CPU portion is equally impressive.

13. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    Handy thing to have when your GPU(s) break.

14. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    We've known what the answer to this is since 2007.

Personally I find the IGP to be price-inflating BS that cripples OC capability. They should only include it for mobile and low end variants, not high end desktop variants.

Realistically who here doesn't have some backup GPU lying around to pop in? Most of us always have something just in case.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2014
  15. stevevnicks

stevevnicks Guest

GPU:
    Don't need one
    i would have to question, how good will intels driver support be for gaming if using this leaked info igpu for gaming ?

what im saying is no one can say for sure until the hardware is released and put in practice.

what intel should do is the same as AMD, offer a choice with or without IGPU.

say i7-4770 with IGPU
    or i7-4770K without IGPU

i would build the K's but charge a premium price(why premium price? because that's business) with out igpu for overclockers and keep the IGPU for the non K's and normal everyday use.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2014

16. xIcarus

xIcarus Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Gamerock
    I don't. Haven't switched video cards in 3 years since I moved and bought this pc.

Although the igpu should be removed from the k variants imo.

17. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    I agree that they should remove the IGP from the K series CPUs but I like the idea of having a back up plan in case that your graphics card decides it wants to die. In my troubleshooting quest of my r9 290 the IGP saved me by giving me the ability to use my PC until I figured out the issue with my Graphics card.

18. Mrwhiterx7

Mrwhiterx7 Guest

GPU:
    3 x Sapphire 290 4gb
    Is it true these are going to be factory clocked very low with turbo coming out less than 3ghz? Maybe it's the IGP forcing that? :(

19. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Then that K model should have had something extra to fill that empty space on chip, idk 1 more core or 4mb extra cache..

20. k3vst3r

k3vst3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KP3090
    Intel won't make different dies for same line cpu's, just isn't profitable for them. They have their haswell-e range dies shared with xeons too...can tell you now every haswell-e chip has 8 cores on the die, they just disable the naff/dud ones. Then they have their mobile range dies which 4770 etc all share too hence the IGP. I mean all they would do is disable the IGP an brand it as IGP less, but still be there taking up die space just blanked off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.