Logitech,Razer gamepads. Who uses one?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by goat1, Oct 19, 2014.

1. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    I have the G13 and its awesome! But..
    This would be perfect and I don't know why Razer,logitech,Corsair or Roccat haven't done this yet.
    Make a game pad like the Logitech G13 but with mechanical keys,RGB and use your cell phone as a screen. Get developers on board for apps.
    That thing would sell like hot cakes! Most only have so much real estate on their desk or have a lower desk drawer like I do. That's were the G13 is so nice,but it doesn't support crap for games.
    707 and G13 reviews on amazon. Not to mention how many bought it that didn't review it like me. I will guarantee you,this would be the holy grail for PC gamers if someone could nail this and not f it up!

2. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Would be fairly cool but there's not a massive market for it, I'm afraid. It'll happen one day, maybe.

3. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    I bought the Razer one and its garbage. Should have bought the logitech :(

4. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    I had the Nostomo,its was good,but not enough keys. The G13 is perfect. There is a big enough market,look at how many are even reviewed on amazon. The people with a keyboard tray under their desk,need more room for the mouse. These game pads should be a no brainer. If someone made a good enough one,people would flock to it. Design it the way I said and it would sell like hotcakes.

5. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Never saw the point of one.

6. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    That was a well thought out comment.

7. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    I have owned and used a few Logitech game pads such as the Rumble pad 2. This was before the Xbox360 controller and Direct input that games use now a days. I never used any of the new Logitech game pads but what I can tell you is that they are similar to an xbox360 and a PS2 controller and they also use the the same direct input technology.

Never used any Razor game pads so I cannot really comment on them.

It would be cool to use some kind of mechanical switches method in game pads. It would make them last longer.

8. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    You have a keyboard, don't you? Learn how to use it, and boom, accessory keypads become pointless!

9. stevevnicks

stevevnicks Guest

GPU:
    Don't need one
    yea like micro switch joysticks from years ago or the same micro switches they use in the arcades .. used to work on the fair ground years ago.

10. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    I had plenty of different gamepads and other input devices over the year's like microsoft's Sidewinder Gameport pad's that I had once used 4 at once in a daisy chain. as well a couple of wired Xbox 360 controllers Which I didn't really like. The only other thing from microsoft owned right now is their sidewinder 4x keyboard, I don't really liket their side winder mice as the buttons are in a odd place.

I owned both Models of logitech's Rumble Pad's The first one that looked like a boomer rang and the second one that was smaller. The Logitech F710 was the last Logitech controller that I had, which worked nice when I had it. But I was sick of it chewing thru batteries and causing issues so i got rid of it. But I do tend to like their mice, when they work.

The only controller from Razer that I have owned, was the Razer hydra motion sense which I enjoyed a lot as I was able to use it with different mmo's as well Different games ranging from FPS,RPGs and Racing, I tend to use the Hybrid mode when I played game's and the freemode when i did racing games. But i owned a couple of their mice that I found was too awkward for me to use.

When I set it up in Dirt 3 where the right side til up for break and down for drive. While I kept the right analog for turning, I completed a course without crashing driving perfectly, where if I was using a gamepad I would be running all off the road and into stuff. Using the Motion creator and Drivers from sixsense which let the Razer hydra shine, unlike the junk that razer had on their site.

The only reason I sold it was that I had in my mind that the one that was being created by Sixsense was gonna be really affordable. Turns out it isn't and I wish I never sold it as I got it for a steal from woot which I paid 40 for it 4ish years ago. I been kicking my self since I sold it as I remember why I bought it, as the getting the wiimote to work on my comp was a pain and it still doesn't work Which what made me bought the hydra in the first place.

For now I been using a Thrust Master GPX that I got for 19 dollars open box on ebay for quiet a while now, it layout is simlar to xbox 360 layout but it shape in a way that allow me to hold it easier then the Xbox 360 controller. I also still have a very old Logitech Attack 3 flight stick that i use for flight sims.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2014

11. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    GenClaymore.. I'm not talking about hand held controllers,I'm talking about Keypads. I probably used the wrong term,Ice used the right term. Things like the Orbweaver,Notromo,Logitech G13 ect.. I don't have much real estate for a full size keyboard and mouse on my keyboard drawer,so the G13 is excellent and now I have all the room in the world. Plus I can re map any key. Its is RGB and has a screen so I can switch between profiles. After you get used to it,the thing is really awesome!

12. ESlik

ESlik Guest

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    I'm getting another one of these..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmJmdi6hIWE I gave my TactX to my wife quite a while ago and I forgot how really nice this board is. They can be had for $90cdn and even less in the U.S. You want colors? This is the one.

13. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    You can do different colors,but not like the Razer Chroma. Can you do per key lighting? No,you can't. But for a lighted keyboard it looks nice. Too big tho,for me anyhow. ESlik,you should get the Chroma just to try it out,trust me,You will love the hell out of it. I have zero problems and its the keys just feel incredible!