Which Manufacturer you wont & will give a second chance & why?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Prowler_1, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Prowler_1

Prowler_1 Guest

GPU:
    Please Keep it short & sweet.

:thumbup:Will Take a Chance on another: Asus & PowerColor, based on good past experience.

:thumbdown Won't Give Second Chance: Sapphire - multiple RMA and misleading info.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2014
  2. Lowki

Lowki Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 Xt
    I guess I've been lucky never had a serious problem with a card. I like xfx products. And Mau though my 7950 msi card pcb looks bent the cards never failed.

3. Nurmi

Nurmi Guest

GPU:
    R9 Fury Tri-X
    Tech Showdown did a week ago video about "Which R9 290 is the best? Full R9 290 Comparison" and he points out a lot of things to consider from them.

But the PowerColor PCS+ seems to be solid choice as its like a barebone version from the Vapor-X without all the extra features.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2014
  4. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    There's hardly any manufacturer I'd actually keep my hands of. Only hesitating to buy products with mentioned problems by other customers (Swift, Asus X99 boards?, Gigabyte superclocked cards?). But I'm seriously thinking twice about buying EVGA cards these days...

5. undeadpolice

undeadpolice Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX980 K|NGP|N (SLI)
    I would only buy reference cards and slap a water cooler on it.
    I got too many bad experience with custom PCB gfx.
    And Sapphire - I have to send it for RMA many times its a waste of time and money.
    Soo far Club3D and asus has no issues.
    XFX has issues with caps as I always find them explosing, but that was years ago when I own GeForce 7800 GTX.

6. BravoFxTrt

BravoFxTrt Member Guru

GPU:
    2X MSI R9 280X 6GB
    MSI & XFX to me has been fa-nominal, the only Manufacturer I wont ever buy from is nVidia, had 2 Green cards that sucked balls. ;)

7. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    :flip: I had 2 different series from HIS - IceQ and both died.

:) MSI - never failed anything, only one MB which had been marketed as OC superior did not OC CPU from 1800MHz to more than 1823MHz. Friend had same, and same results.

:thumbdown EVGA - don't want to support company with low moral standard.

:whip: BenQ - While I could make my screen to perform very well, I found in process how bad engineers work for BenQ. Prefer not to have another BenQ screen. And their Fight against BLUE is pure stupidity, I hate those people who call yellow as white.

:question: ASUS - not bad company, but mistake in their bios ended life of 2200$ notebook and no repair at all.

:smile: Sapphire - One of better AMD partners, never failed me and they have some of better cooling solutions too.

8. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Will not buy any AMD products.

9. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    OCZ. I've always had to had things come DOA from them and go through RMA.
    Swiftech. Good customer service but really crappy parts in my experience.
    RAIDMAX. Their cases just suck.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2014
  10. FatBoyNL

FatBoyNL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
    No XFX for me anymore. Got 2 8800GTXs from a webshop that I considered OK at the time and was denied any support from XFX about a specific BIOS update. Turned out one of the cards was 'dodgy' and on their blacklist. They couldn't care less when I supplied them with full info about the webshop for investigation on their side. Then XFX decided I should go to the police for proper support. But we all know teh police really sucks at hardware support ;)

MSI is on my favorite list for graphic cards. My new MSI GTX 970 Gaming is due tomorrow. MSI Afterburner has a lot to do with that.
    Same reason I won't go with eVGA anymore btw :p

Last edited: Oct 16, 2014

11. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    lol.

12. stevevnicks

stevevnicks Guest

GPU:
    Don't need one
    im off AMD atm, the bad experience I had with two R9 290X's left a bitter taste .. although I wouldn't say i'd never buy there products anymore.

13. h4rm0ny

h4rm0ny Guest

GPU:
    R9 285 / 2GB
    They're not a wont buy and it's not because of the quality of their products, but I have a general avoidance of Samsung. They are a terrible company ethically and dangerously dominant in the market, as well. Samsung have an attitude to other people's intellectual property that would make Google blush. Samsung destroys smaller companies if they can get away with it.

14. LNCPapa

LNCPapa Master Guru

GPU:
    2xEVGA 1080 Ti FTW3
    XFX - They often don't honor their warranty. My warranty info was "deleted?" when I know I registered a product. I remember because I made fun of a buddy who forgot to register his and an identical product died so I logged in and sent him a screenshot of the registered products I had which included that device. When mine died it was suddenly not registered and when I contacted them they told me tough luck. I even purchased several XFX products through my employer but never again. I've been making sure none of my co-workers purchase their products and I often do large purchases which I make sure don't include their products any longer.

15. Prowler_1

Prowler_1 Guest

GPU:
    Yah i'm at that same position, tired of playing footsies with AMD catalyst
    and disappointed with AMD's lack of Integrity.
    (AMD *CFX frame rating issues & misreporting true FPS)

Plus Clear lagging behind Nvidia Tech Development
    (frame pacing and so)

I head many cards, only 1 Nvidia (ASUS) and i was pleased with it.
    but i do wish Nvidia will lower their Temps, because that's
    only point that bugs me.
    (i know AMD 2xx series is much hotter, but i wish NV 9xx
    have temps more like 79xx.)

Last edited: Oct 17, 2014

16. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Ah, I forgot, I won't ever buy Razer peripherals again. Had a single mouse who stopped working (the left button) in under 18 months. Waste of money, as they are ridiculously expensive for what they are.

17. Nurmi

Nurmi Guest

GPU:
    R9 Fury Tri-X
    My Razer's have also broken like that, and the issue is that the "clickers" are the same. Also both Razer and SteelSeries seem to reuse a lot of the chips which means that if it looks the same, it is the same.

My conclusion from the pictures:
    Mamba = Abyssus
    Taipan = Imperator = Habu
    DeathAdder = DeathAdder
    The big wheelers~
    SteelSeries = Steelseries, seriously look at the list: http://steelseries.com/products/mice

Feel free to reply if you know more, I have just opened mine after they have broken.

18. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT

Never again:

Maxtor - I've never had a Maxtor drive live long enough to become obsolete.

AMD - I won't run them (CPU) in my own (or my kids and GF's) rigs but I occasionally buy them for cheap builds. They've been 2nd tier for 8 years now since the Core 2 released.

19. Elite3540

Elite3540 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G OC
    Never again

AMD/Intel switchable-graphics laptops..

The reason why is, it's fairly hard to understand the procedures to get a working laptop if you, let's say are new to this kinda stuff.

I'm glad we have Driver modders, but still the performance loss is so big.

- -

Will try (maybe):

AMD graphics cards for desktops. (To see the difference from inside a laptop and in a desktop. :) )

Last edited: Oct 19, 2014
  20. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Slighty different rant about a manufacturer..
    Fujitsu Amilo laptops,what in the hell those people smoke when they design the internals?
    Each time i had a aforementioned notebook on my repair table,was giving me headache even before touching it.
    Conceptronic routers, had RMAs to fill out entire boxes.