Upgrading keyoboard and mouse, some advice please.

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Emille, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Emille

Emille Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    I have a Razer Blackwidow ultimate and want to upgrade to a Corsair k65 RGB when it comes out in a few weeks.

I also have a Razer Ouroboros and a Razer Death adder, both have kind of flickering response problems, I was looking at a Corsair M65 as a replacement to go with the keyboard.

I am pretty much set on the keyboard because it is compact, has mechanic switches and nice lighting and I don't use the macro keys ever and don't really use the numpad either.

With the mouses, the Death adder's stupid shape is really for someone with palm grid, my grip is either finger grip or claw grip really, and the Ouroboros is ambidextrous, which is a nice way of saying it is uncomfortable for everyone; both right and left handed...also it seems to have dying sensors or something and doesn't always respond as it should.

Is there anything especially wrong with either of these that would flat out rule them out despite the above benefits for me, such as poor lifespan of that brand?
    I don't think I will buy a razer product ever again.

2. biggerx

biggerx Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070 FTW
    Well now I want both the M65 and K65. I didn't even know they were out. ****, my poor wallet. Both look like damn sexy pieces of hardware and I fully trust Corsair to deliver a quality product (I use a 600t, a H100i and Vengeance RAM). Go for it.

I buy Logitech stuff usually and their hardware has never treated me wrong. I still have my original MX518 in perfect working order. I gave my son the 518 and now I use a G400. Simple, but it works everytime, all the time. One of their membrane keyboards gave up the ghost after a little more than 5 years of smashing the WASD buttons so I finally replaced that with a mechanical.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
  3. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    G710+ / G502 here. Love.

4. Emille

Emille Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    Make sure you don't mistake the upcoming M65 RGB or the K65 RGB with the existing Vengence K65 or Vengence M65 products.

I almost made the mistake of ordering the existing older models.

The new mouse and keyboard versions come out in a few weeks

For anyone wondering what they look like:

[​IMG]

5. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    The Corsair keyboard is nice. I recently got the K70. For a mouse though I always go with Logitech. I have a MX510 and 518 for work, G5, and G500 for home and all of them still work perfectly. The shape is perfect for my hand.

6. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    G710+/ g602 wireless gaming mouse. I just got the g710+ today and I have had the 602 for a while and it has been a great mouse for being wireless and the battery life is excellent.

I liked the looks of the k70 but what made me purchase the g710+ instead is the fact that it has programmable macro buttons. I also liked the looks of the k95 but what turned me away from that was the fact that it has an issue with burning out LEDs.

7. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    the K70 and the G710+ were my two options as well but I've never used the macro buttons on any other keyboards I've owned so I went with the Corsair. Both are nice keyboards though.

8. biggerx

biggerx Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070 FTW
    Naw I was drooling over the new ones :D They are really beautiful.

9. Emille

Emille Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    The good thing about the corsair is you can set a macro to any key on the keyboard so you don't need the dedicated keys, I've never used my macro keys on my black widow either.

10. ArgonV

ArgonV Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD XFX 7900 XTX
    As an early adopter of the original Corsair M60 mouse and K90 keyboard, do it.

11. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    No,its out now. I saw 3 of them at BB today. I'm gonna pick up the K65 RGB tomorrow. I need a smaller foot print as well. I don't like the industrial look of logitech stuff. I'm more into flashy stuff. I'm in love with my razer naga epic,but it likes to lose its connection,even when I have it plugged in,it lost its connection. It's mildly irritating. I got a 2 yr warranty so I can replace it at any time. I love the num pad on the side of it alot. I also have a logitech g13 which I really like,but I gotta have that corsair k65 rgb,hopefully the software works well.

12. Emille

Emille Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    Both my Razer Death Adder and my Ouroboros ( with cord connected ) lose connection all the time, the new keyboards and mouses aren't out in aus yet, another 2 weeks for the mouse and 4 weeks for the keyboard, hopefully they arrive earlier.

The smaller K65 is going to solve a lot of problems for me, the numpad on my Blackwidow Ultimate just makes my left hand uncomfortably far away from the mouse and leaves the mouse bumping into the side of the keyboard.

@ArgonV

Cheers, I will, they look amazing.

13. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    I wonder why they lose connection? If it wasn't for that,I wouldn't even think of any other mouse. I really like the G13 game pad,but I also need a keyboard,so I'm thinking the K65 RGB would be good,so I could use that for gaming at times also.