Shadows Of Mordor Crossfire

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by wrathloki, Sep 30, 2014.

1. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    Any word on whether crossfire works with this game yet? I was thinking about getting a second 290.

2. kingal

kingal Guest

GPU:
    HIS 6950x2
    No xfire doesn't work with this game. At least not with my 2x 6950s. The menu is glitchy and the fps, when in xfire, is avging around 20 fps. With xfire disabled, game runs smooth and averaging around 70fps. Hopefully they will update drivers soon for this game.

3. jimdove

jimdove Guest

GPU:
    Windforce 1080ti
    any word on how well they did this game? is it a lazy port or did they spend some time actually optmising it. I will not pay money for a lazy port.

4. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Why not read the actual thread for the game or post your questions in there. The thread is very active at the moment.

We don't need multiple threads for the same thing.

Here is original thread:
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=383476

5. Scout

Scout Guest

GPU:
    2 x GTX 980Ti
    Why not keep reading that thread about the game and let people around here alone? No one cares about crossfire in there.

I'm testing some crossfire profiles, hard to find one that doesn't flicker the menus..

Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
  6. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Yeah, there is nothing wrong with a specific question being asked.

That threads main attraction is Vram usage. Let this be of use to Crossfire users...

7. sekta

sekta Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080
    SLI works if you force Batman Arkham Origins profile. Could try it with AMD as well. I can't test it yet because the game is still downloading.

8. Nurmi

Nurmi Guest

GPU:
    R9 Fury Tri-X
    Getting average 85~ with every single profile, and 115~ with the AFR friendly one.

9. Ferdimage1

Ferdimage1 Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 2080
    Radeon pro is showing that crossfire is working. 14.9 drivers

10. Illyrian

Illyrian Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4080 Aero
    Crossfire is working for me as well, but I'm getting crazy menu flickering with it.... like the letters when I go into the options are all over the place, looks like I'm having double vision.... not a big deal, but now it seems like it has crept into the gameplay as well when I'm targeting with my bow, I get the same \flickering artifacts where my crosshair should be

Even weirder though, is I tried using ULTRA textures which are supposedly needing 6gb of ram right.... and the game reads my 2 cards as 8gb,
    I'm not an expert on this stuff, but what happened is I skated by for about 20 minutes while the ram usage was hovering as high as 7gb, then one place it hit about 8 and it crashed me back to the desktop with a window prompt that said "Windows has run out of memory" I had to hard reset the PC
    obviously I know the game is reading it wrong as I really have 4gb, but how was the game then managing to use 7gb for the 20 minutes when I only have 4 ??

I don't know what's going on, quite a few weird issues...
    I can still play the game maxed out with one card above 60fps, but I think I'll wait until they come with a proper profile and also a FOV adjustor.... I'm fighting two battles every time I'm in game, one is trying to see around my character and the other is actual battles with the orcs

11. Ferdimage1

Ferdimage1 Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 2080
    I know what you mean with the crazy double vision haha.
    vsync related I wonder?

12. jaju123

jaju123 Guest

GPU:
    2x AMD R9 290 Crossfire
    Any advice or news on this matter AMDmatt? :p

13. LtMatt81

LtMatt81 Master Guru

GPU:
    4x Fury X
    I will investiage this gentlemen and get back to you as soon as possible. I will buy it myself on steam right now as well to see if i can get it working. :)

14. LtMatt81

LtMatt81 Master Guru

GPU:
    4x Fury X
    Hi guys,

Bought the game on steam, these are my findings.

There is no CrossFire profile presently on 14.9 WHQL. I will raise this issue with the driver team. However i found i got excellent scaling (99% with two cards and 70% with three) by using the following custom CrossFire profile.

1. Add the Mordor x64 bit exe file to CCC.
    2. Select AFR Friendly.
    3. Set performance and frame pacing off. (optional)
    4. Click save and play.

[​IMG]

Results?

1080P 2x 290X At Ultra Settings

[​IMG]

1080P 3x 290X At Ultra Settings

[​IMG]

1080P 4x 290X At Ultra Settings

[​IMG]

Fourth gpu adds very little. Two to three gpu's seems to be the sweet spot using this custom profile. Things should get better one there is a proper CrossFire profile for this title.

Hope this helps gents. :)

15. somemadcaaant

somemadcaaant Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6900XT LE

16. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    ty ty ty amdmatt

17. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    Awesome, thanks. I think I'll buy that second card.

18. MojoW

MojoW Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit 3070 JS OC
    Still got the menu flickering with that profile so i'll have to wait and i get higher min FPS with one card.
    Strange that AMD took so long to release the 14.9 driver but didn't even include a profile for a game that is released around the same time as the driver.

19. LtMatt81

LtMatt81 Master Guru

GPU:
    4x Fury X
    Yes there was some flickering on my menus as well. Nothing can be done about that I'm afraid until we have a proper update. Nonetheless the actual game ran fine for me whilst playing.

You could try setting 1x1 Optimize instead of AFR, i didn't get any flickering with that but scaling is not as good as AFR.

20. jaju123

jaju123 Guest

GPU:
    2x AMD R9 290 Crossfire
    I also got some flickering on distant terrain as well as the menus. Hopefully a proper profile will be able to get the best of both worlds.