r9 290x and 4K monitors

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Alien_Zero, Sep 22, 2014.

1. Alien_Zero

Alien_Zero Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
    Good day fine people of Guru3d forums,

I am about to buy an Asus 28" 4k TN Film Monitor and I would like to know the current state of UHD on the AMD R9 290x cards.

Is there flickering or any kind of issue with the card and UHD monitors?!?

Thx

2. Hisenburg

Hisenburg Guest

GPU:
    HIS 290x
    Nope everything is just fine. Be sure to connect it via displayport or you'll only get 30hz.

3. samr33

samr33 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 2080 ti Amp E
    I will have to say "yes", theres some issues with 290X and 4K monitor, I'm currently using Philips 288P 4K monitor driven by 2 Sapphire Tri-X 290X, and theres always some white line flickering at the bottom of the monitor, and some serious flickering on the upper left hand corner, although the upper left hand corner flickering can be fixed by changing the refresh rate, but the bottom white line remain the same no matter what i do, but it only happens when i use 4K res, nothing happen on 1080, and theres a lots of people having the same issue on the net also, saying it might be the problem of sapphire because theres also a chunk of people that dosent any problem at all, but at the moment theres no way to fix this, i tried all the drivers thats avalible, changing cables nothing have change, but thank god it didnt affect much, at least its not noticeable if you are not staring at it~

4. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    new 14.9 WHQL has some UHD fixes, see if it helps.

5. samr33

samr33 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 2080 ti Amp E
    Just tried the latest driver, sadly, nothing have changed :bang:

6. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    ^ FYI there's also a BIOS update available for the 290(X) Tri-X'es from Sapphire.

You need to file a support ticket to get it, but there are links for it in this forum too (can't recall the thread anymore sadly).

It's supposed to fix the black screen issue but may be worth a shot?

edit: I think the BIOSes were uploaded by someone to TechPowerUp.