I'm considering buying the NEXT iPhone...

Discussion in 'Tablets and Smart Phones' started by ElementalDragon, Sep 22, 2014.

1. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Not to keep... to sell. I mean freakin seriously?!? People who are into iPhones are WAAAAY TOO INTO iPHONES! I just watched an auction for a 64GB iPhone 6 (which can be bought for $749 off contract) end at $2,175!!! What the hell is wrong with people?!

2. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    people with more money than sense. I should know, I'm one of them.

3. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    That's some seriously brutal self-honesty there, Phaze...

4. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

The 'i' in 'iPhone' stands for idiot.

5. bobdude

bobdude Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6gb
    lol @ haters

6. bobdude

bobdude Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6gb
    i just got my iphone 6+ and love it its funny how a dual core iphone keeps up with a quad android....ios 8 is smoooooothhhh very happy with the phone i know it will last me 4 years like my iphone 4s did :)

7. Clawedge

Clawedge Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 570
    [​IMG]

Couldnt resist mate, its too perfect an opportunity

8. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    I'm an honest person. :D

9. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    iPhone 4s has only been out for 3 years.

Don't forget a new feature is that it can be charged in the microwave. :)

10. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Actually... what's even more perfect is that the very picture you posted also happens to be his avatar. lol. Unless he did that after the fact....

bobdude: Well yea.... i'd expect a dual core iPhone 6 to keep up with a quad-core Android phone when A) iOS 8 and the iPhone 6/6 Plus are 64-bit, B) iOS is optimized to work on a select VERY few phones at any given time, and C) When iOS doesn't really do all that much in the meantime. I mean what.... you've got multitasking that's kinda half-assed together (and copied from Android), a notification pane for all your go-to information (which was done WORSE than Android's), and surprisingly, after years of stupidity... WIDGETS (which.... i'm not even going to go there.)

But really... am i the only one who finds it ridiculous that after YEARS of lawsuit after lawsuit.... filing suit against Samsung for making a phone that looked (not even remotely) like the iPhone.... ever since, iOS has been looking more and more damn near identical to Android, but in a "HEY, here's our OS, which is totally NOT *wink wink* Android" kinda way?

11. Clawedge

Clawedge Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 570
    ElementalDragon thats EXACTLY why its so perfect, it was his profile pic when i posted it. Its post of the year worthy!!!!

12. bobdude

bobdude Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6gb
    4's not 4s me and my wife both had 4 lol a ' makes a difference

13. bobdude

bobdude Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6gb
    guess i just don't like cheap knock offs but what works for you is what you should go with

14. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    I've got no money and a similar amount of sense, fancy swapping the money side ? :D

15. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    ... think there's a HUGE difference between "cheap knock-off", and something that's available for less. That difference being Apple taking bits from Android and selling them as if they created them. You're just paying more so they can advertise to hell and back.

16. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    To an extent, he's correct..... When I was searching for an unlocked, used iPhone4 for my wife, I saw a lot of auctions end well over the price of a NEW phone. There was an original iPhone that ended around $2k. Several iPhone3GS auctions ended around the $1k mark. For some reason, some people are just dumb enough to spend an insane amount of money on these phones regardless of their condition.

17. bobdude

bobdude Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6gb
    yeah because android was around before ios

18. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Yea, because iOS was out a whopping year and a few months before Android. But which had made leaps and bounds more improvements since its original inception? Which one took 3 generations of hardware before something like WALLPAPER was usable? Which developer filed (and still tends to file) lawsuit after lawsuit because the other looks "too similar", and then goes on to introduce features it never had before, but the other has had for years? Like the Panorama camera... the 100% direct ripoff of the original Samsung Galaxy S.

Just because something is first, doesn't make the rest a knockoff of it. If everyone followed Apple's lead, we'd probably still be on devices with 4" screens, only the factory keyboard (.... *nudge nudge*), black backgrounds.... And on and on.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2014
  19. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    So you like over-priced, poorly engineered devices instead? Interesting.

20. DrivingDrivers

DrivingDrivers Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 650 Ti / 2gb
    So, here's an interesting fact: from where I come from, they sell new iPhone 6s (not plus, just plain iPhone 6) basic model, for 920 EUR.
    What are the prices in your country?