Is there any way to force constant voltage on boot?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Ac30, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Ac30

Ac30 Member

GPU:
    860m GTX
    Hey guys,

I've had a 290 tri-x for a few months now and every driver beyond 13.12 gives a black screen after logon or just after the windows logo -- strangely enough, 13.12 is perfectly stable and has never crashed, and performance is normal. After reading a bit it seems that the newer drivers **** up the voltage on boot to the memory and the memory up clocks before the voltage does. Is there a way to force voltage directly on boot? I'm tempted just to flash a stock bios with lower men clocks :(

2. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Could use MSI Afterburner to drop memory clocks, there is a memory voltage slider but it's greyed out for me

3. Ac30

Ac30 Member

GPU:
    860m GTX
    Does that apply before logon, though? It always blackscreens right after login. Thanks though :)

4. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Not sure, worth giving it a shot to check

It has an option of holding CTRL immediately after logon to bypass the "Apply OC at startup" option, so I guess it's pretty close to logon when it applies it

Latest version here
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=392577

5. Ac30

Ac30 Member

GPU:
    860m GTX
    Alright, awesome :) I'll try flashing a stock bios first (with a dual bios and it being reference there shouldn't be a problem right?)

6. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    In theory, but it's a lot safer to try software methods before flashing BIOSs :)