Hitman Absolution?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by nz3777, Sep 15, 2014.

1. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    What do you guys think about it? Ive played all the Hitman games starting with the Original and my opinion was Absolution was great! Iam hoping they make yet another chapter in 47s quest.

My favirot mission was Terminus hotel, graphics are amazing on pc but I have been playing ut on xbox 360 since my computer has been down, to say the quality is worse would be an understatement of the year lol.I wasnt able to run it on max graphics with my single Gtx 580 I had 4xmsaa and was barely breaking 25 fps.Whats a good Gpu to absolutly max the game and still get 60 fps?

Great game, I loved every minute of it.

2. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    it's great but watch dogs does it all better. and is open world.

3. Trolle

Trolle Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX3070
    you cant compare hitman with watch dogs
    2 different game genres
    but i also like absolution,tho i havent completed it due to a error

4. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    watch dogs stealthing is very very similar to hitman. using the silenced weapons.

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    No its not, Watch dogs is action game - gta copycat, Hitman is slow paced assassin game and it doesnt need open world, look at older Hitman games or you never played those?

imo WD vs. HM is like comparing apples to oranges.

On topic,
    Absolution is ok but it turned too much into action lately - too much forgiving for your mistakes. But you can always play at harder level which brings it closer to its originals.

Kinda like by latest Thief.. dumb'd down a bit for newer crowd that seems to be less smart :p

Last edited: Sep 15, 2014
  6. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    OP listen to a fan of the game or someone that has poo pooed it from day one, your choice.

7. Trolle

Trolle Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX3070
    i dont know why you got butthurt but TJ is correct
    you cant compare the 2,WD might not be bad(i only played it for 1 hour)but they arent in the same genre

8. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200

How can one even compare Hitman Absolution and Watch Dogs... the stealth mechanic is just a minor gameplay feature that the two has in common, the way in which that mechanic is used is totally different. Not to mention the tons of other features that completely isolate each game...

That would be like saying Command and Conquer is similar to Sim City because you are able to "build" in either game..

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 15, 2014
  9. biggyca

biggyca Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB

10. smull

smull Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5770 1GB
    Loved Absolution, underrated and not deserving of all the flak it got.

Delicious cutscenes and production values, great replayabilty, varied levels (small, big, action-y). Just good stuff.

Yes they changed some things compared to before, but hey it was bound to happen. They cant release the same stuff for the 6th time.

11. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    I dont know I never played that new game you guys are talking about, Absolution was really fun for me I beat it a couple of times and iam still not bored with it.Theres so many ways to kill someone its just funny, one of my favirot moments was the Chipmunk custom running around chinatown and gunning down people as a chipmunk was just pure fun, I loved it.

Cant wait ti get back on my pc, this xbox 360 gameplay and graphics are pretty ruff lol.

12. BigBlockTowncar

BigBlockTowncar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX970 SC
    I like all of them....Contracts is probably my favorite.

13. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Was a bit anxious about Absolution at first tbh, feared it was "dumbed down" for consoles as it was the first major release on console in the series.

Initially it indeed felt a bit off compared to previous games, but once I eventually got in to it, I enjoyed it as much as the earlier ones.

It's different and a bit simpler maybe, but that's not a bad thing. Also this is in keeping with the setting as it's different too in Absolution vs previous ones (47 is a rogue agent now).

Love the series and my favourites are Blood Money and Silent Assassin. However, Absolution ain't far behind. And the gfx are indeed superb (I can max it at 1080p60 btw @OP so mine's an example system for that).

Last edited: Sep 16, 2014
  14. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
    ^Wasn't Blood Money the first major release on consoles?

15. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    I hate the smaller sandboxes system. I liked blood money a lot, and contracts as well. Doesn't live upto them both. Given, Absolution can be very hard at times, but the others felt more appealing as an assassin game. Absolution is probably fine as a story driven adventure(stealth) game.

E.G. getting a penalty for not exiting the level with your suit on, mischief in area #1 can compromise, make your job harder in area #2.

Saving system sucks. Makes you wonder what the hell happened to saving in PC Games. From the traditional save anytime you want, to fixed checkpoints. And now absolution doesn't even let you save unless you complete the level. Checkpoints only last while you play, if you quit checkpoint data is lost. This is where the artificial difficulty comes into play. Hitman Absolution has a very high artificial difficulty.

Also no option to disable the cancer that is film grain.

Left a bad taste in my mouth, just because one of my friends gave it to me as a gift, I forced myself to play it. And now beyond 24hrs I can't bring myself to play it any longer. I haven't finished the game, mostly did some contracts to challenge a few friends. Also I mostly use the inbuilt benchmark most of the time driver to driver so thats there lol.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2014

16. BigBlockTowncar

GPU:
    Evga GTX970 SC
    The AI in a game like this is massively difficult to do....there aren't really any other titles like it. Even on hard, the AI is far from realistic and is still pretty easy.

If the people guarding a mob boss or whoever find a dead bodyguard they don't just "patrol the area" and then shrug it off like they pretty much do in this game. The entire area would be locked down entirely and the target would probably leave the area.

17. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    I think it was released on PS2 only, plus the PS2 version was essentially a PC port and not the other way around.

Absolution was created for multiple platforms and was the first game in the series as such.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2014
  18. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Come to think of it, there are actually quite a bit of missions in the Hitman series where the above does happen (target flees)...

fail to catch your target in time if you're compromised and it's a fail.

There are also missions in which the target may "dig itself deeper" if you're detected, making your task a lot harder.

19. BigBlockTowncar

GPU:
    Evga GTX970 SC
    Yes, there are, the first mission on Codename 47; both triad leaders will bail if you fire a shot, but in general, the AI is the key in a game like this and it always seems to bring the rating down. I usually give it a pass because it is one of my favorites series.

20. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    As an oldschool Hitman series fan, Hitman Absolution is great. It's a tad more "action" and modern than the originals, but it's a fantastic game regardless. Great story telling and sequences. Blood Money is the best of all Hitman games still though.