Rockstar Games Grand Theft Auto V for PC on January 27th 2015

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    FU Rockstar Games!!! No one stands behind us PC gamers these days. :flame:

"...Rockstar Games is proud... with the PC version to follow January 27, 2015....blah...blah...blah..."

RS, you can stick one proud to some place of yours where sun don't shine as far as I'm concerned. No more vaiting for GTA V for PC from my side, preorder canceled...

Last edited: Sep 12, 2014
  3. Aoyagi

Aoyagi Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vapor-X R9 290
    Patience is a virtue. Additionally, the more they make me wait, the more I'll be willing to wait for discounts. There are other companies more willing to take my money.

4. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Meh, couple of months extra wait is nowt, give it a bit more polish.

5. TeX_UK

TeX_UK Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FE
    All the good things come to those who wait :)

6. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    In before all the drama....... oh wait too late

7. expo

expo Guest

GPU:
    Gtx 970 / 3.5GB + 0.5GB
    release January, so it will be running smooth and (kinda) bugfree by ... let's say june. And since it will be cheaper by then, I'll wait for summer deals ;)

8. Enticles

Enticles Guest

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3070ti
    i agree that the PC gaming market takes a back seat to consoles in the eyes of developers / publishers. but developing for PC's is also more time consuming and resource intensive. They have to build a game that is compatible with a staggering variance in system hardware and performance, and work with multiple API's (although things like mantle are completely optional but you know there will be pressure to support it). not to mention at least 3 different operating systems, each with their own variations in how they operate. ontop of this, you also have the dreaded driver optimization problem.

when developing for a console its one set of hardware, running on one operating system, and using one set of drivers. once that code is perfected it will work optimally for 100% of the market. and with the current generation of consoles the architectures are so similar i'd be willing to wager that they dont have to completely re-write the code to get it to work with the other console (like ps4 for example if it was developed for xbone primarily).

yes, it sucks - but its completely understandable why PC releases are delayed, considering all the extra work needed to create a non-broken game on release.

9. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    Well they did say it wasn't gonna be delayed, now they this.

Was hoping for a Xmas release so i'd have something to play over the new year:(

10. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Count your lucky stars that a conversion for the pc is coming.
    The real deal, no more sleeping dog, watchdogs or any other gta clones.
    They just don't cut it like gta does.

11. southamptonfc

southamptonfc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 OC
    What a strange reaction!

I bet you still buy it, play it and love it.

12. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Buy, hah.

13. 3dfan

3dfan Member

GPU:
    gigabyte WINDFORCE 3X 970
    well, after many companies moving toward to console exclusiveness (titles i would have loved to be able to play on the pc and were only console exlusives like red dead redemption, last of us, uncharted series, metal gear solid 4, etc) i think we pc gamers should consider ourselves lucky about gta 5 still being considered for pc, even after more than a year ago.

i thank rockstargames for not forgetting pc gamers at least with gta 5

i wish all companies would do the same, even after 1 or two years of console title releases.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2014
  14. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    and heists, yeah the big thing that Rockstar raved about in their pre release videos for GTA Online, what about them, we're almost a year on from release and STILL no word if heists will ever make it to the game.

15. southamptonfc

southamptonfc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 OC
    If you pirate it, you're just making it more likely that more games in the future never get a PC version.

16. deathnite

deathnite Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4070 12GB
    Got the game on PS3 just to try it out. Only played it for a short time, a few missions, as I want to experience the game on the PC in it's full glory and on the platform where it was meant to be played. Have been waiting for the PC version ever since.
    This game should have been developed and released for the PC and ported to consoles, not the other way around. And I'm talking about having it optimized for PC, rather than a poor console port.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2014
  17. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    I preferred Sleeping Dogs to just about any GTA I've played tbh.

Not fussed about this being put back, wont be picking it up until it's dirt cheap during a sale anyway. I found GTA4 to be severely lacking, wasn't keen on the DLC either. From what I've experienced with GTA5 I'm not overly impressed.

18. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Not me, him.

I'm buying, second copy even.

19. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    I found sleeping dogs well optimized but the city there was nothing to do apart from the missions and all the streets looked the same. I got bored real quick. You didn't feel like wondering off and exploring like I did in gta games of the past.
    I have not played gta 5 so I'm looking forward too it tbh as long as its ported across well to the pc.

20. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    So...pre-order now they will give you enough ingame money to ensure you never have to play the game?