MSI Afterburner 4.0.0 Official(2014-9-4)

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by msi-afterburner, Sep 4, 2014.

1. msi-afterburner

msi-afterburner Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI N275GTX Lightning
    Hi guys, the Afterburner 4.0.0 Official is ready for you to download. this version supports the control of NVIDIA and AMD graphics card and have more feature, if you get the card, you may try to play it.

Changes list includes:
    • Added MSI R9 280 series voltage control support
    • Added AMD Tonga graphics processors family support
    • Added core voltage control for reference design AMD RADEON R9 285X series graphics cards with NCP81022 voltage regulators
    • Added official overclocking limits extension support for AMD Tonga graphics processors. Please take a note that unofficial overclocking mode is currently not supported for AMD Tonga graphics processors family
    • Various parts of hardware monitoring module have been pumped up to improve hardware monitoring usability and flexibility:
    o Added layered monitoring graphs rendering mode. Now you may right click source graph in monitoring window, select “Attach” in the context menu then point to destination graph to attach source graph to it and create a group of layered graphs. This feature allows you to render as many layered graphs on the same grid as you wish. The colors of graphs in layered rendering mode can be customized independently of each other so you can easily identify them
    o Added multi-column monitoring graphs rendering mode. Now you can adjust the number of graph columns in “Active monitoring graphs” section in “Monitoring” tab
    o Added “Override graph name” option to “Monitoring” tab. Now you can rename the graphs displayed in hardware monitoring window
    o Monitoring history buffer size is no longer defined by monitoring window width. Now pre-history buffer size is fixed and stores the last 3600 samples (1 hour for 1000ms polling period) for each graph
    o Improved tray icon monitoring module:
    o Now you can select either text mode or barchart indicator mode for each value displayed in tray icon. Barchart indicator mode can be extremely useful for visualizing data like GPU / CPU usage
    o Improved Logitech keyboard LCD monitoring module:
    o Ported to new Logitech API to provide support for newer Logitech LCD displays
    o Added support for color LCD display of Logitech G19/G19s keyboards
    o Added graph mode support for color LCD display of Logitech G19/G19s keyboards. Now in addition to previously available text mode you can optionally select graph mode and see exact copy of MSI Afterburner’s monitoring graphs displayed directly inside the keyboard LCD. You can also press “Menu” soft button on your Logitech G19/G19S keyboard to toggle between text and graph modes dynamically in realtime
    o Added acceleration support to LCD scrolling implementation
    o Added larger 8x12, 10x12, 12x12 and 12x16 fonts support for text mode
    • Added “Regional settings” section to “User Interface” tab:
    o Temperature format settings allow you to switch between Celsius and Fahrenheit format for monitored temperatures. Please take a note that this setting affects temperature readouts only. Hardware related temperature adjustments (e.g. fan speed to temperature mapping curve for all cards or temperature target adjustment for NVIDIA Kepler series) are always being displayed and adjusted in Celsius for maximum unification, safety and compatibility
    o 12 hours / 24 hours time format settings allow you to configure time format for On-Screen Display and hardware monitoring window
    • Added “Enable low-level IO driver” option to the “Compatibility properties” section in “General” tab
    • Added SLI sync performance limit graph for release 340 and newer NVIDIA drivers
    • Display device enumeration implementation has been modified slightly to allow monitoring Intel iGPUs when low-level IO driver is not enabled
    • Improved handshaking algorithm reduces the risk of seeing multiple running instances of child processes (e.g. RTSS)
    • Optimized hardware polling for NVIDIA graphics cards
    • Optimized hardware polling for multi-GPU systems
    • Added SVI2 voltage control support via AMD ADL SDK to provide compatibility with future graphics cards
    • Added automatic prerecording settings to “Videocapture” tab. When you enable automatic mode prerecording session is being started automatically on each 3D application startup. Please take a note that in this case you can still use video prerecord hotkey to stop then manually restart prerecording session if necessary
    • Drastically improved skin engine:
    o Improved skin compiler gives more detailed error messages when skin compilation fail due to error in some source image file
    o Source image file format is no longer limited to 24-bit BMP files only. Now skin compiler supports all possible bit depths for BMP format and fully supports PNG format with alpha channel
    o Added built-in bitmap effect for extracting alpha-channel from PNG image files
    o Skin format has been upgraded to v1.3. New format supports alpha channel based transparency for skinned window, allowing skin designers to define semi-transparent skin areas, apply antialiasing to the skin window edges and so on
    o Added new skinned window composition modes support and “Skin composition mode” settings to “User interface tab”. New settings allows you to use one of the following modes:
    o Traditional mode – suits best for backward compatibility with existing skins and performance testing
    o Layered mode with colorkey - provides much faster rendering of skins with non-rectangular window shape and additionally allows you to adjust transparency of skinned window
    o Layered mode with alpha – provides per-pixel alpha channel support and advanced visual effects for compatible skins and also allows you to adjust transparency of skinned window
    o Skin format reference guide has been updated to v1.7 to document these changes
    o Improved implementation of rollback to default skin
    o Full skins cross-compatibility with other overclocking applications based on RivaTuner engine. Special GUI transformation layer allows you to use the skins designed for third party RivaTuner based overclocking applications and makes the process of migration to MSI Afterburner from such overclocking tools much more comfortable for you. You can keep the look and feel of your preferred overclocking application and at the same time enjoy extended MSI Afterburner’s features including full range of supported graphics cards, industry leading powerful and robust monitoring module, flexible video recording features and many more
    • RivaTuner Statistics Server has been upgraded to v6.2.0

Download link:
    http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/msi-afterburner-beta-download.html

2. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Thanks.

3. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Quite annoying that I told it I do not want to reboot yet because Im busy with the machine, and pressing OK to this message just results in it continuously popping back up again every 5 seconds or something

[​IMG]

EDIT - Apologies for being blunt, didn't have enough coffee yet, and woke up with a frozen shoulder this morning, can barely move my head, so tiny things are annoying me

Love Afterburner really ;)

Last edited: Sep 4, 2014
  4. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Thankyou Unwinder.

5. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

6. Unwinder

If RTSS reinstall require reboot you cannot enable any features depending on RTSS without seeing this notification. So either reboot or temporarily disable the features that require RTSS (screen capture, framerate monitoring and so on, full list of currenlty active software modules depending on it can be seen in "i" window.

7. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Ah ok, so it's because RTSS is trying to start over and over that it keeps popping up

Understood, thanks

8. Olvik

Olvik Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080
    Thanks you...

9. deathnite

deathnite Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4070 12GB
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2014
  10. Unwinder

Install VC++ 2008 redistributables, sorry. It is pointless to demand moving both projects to older compiler version just because someone refuse to install modern system components.

11. RadioActiveLobster

RadioActiveLobster Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080Ti FTW3
    Perhaps I'm blind but I can't seem to find the option in the CFG file to invert the colors on the G19 that was discussed in this post.

Was it added?

12. Unwinder

No, otherwise it would be mentioned in the release notes.

13. deathnite

deathnite Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4070 12GB
    But isn't it possible to make it work with the required DLL files inside the installation folder?
    Other applications which require the VC++ Redistributable Package use this method. Upon opening, you receive an error telling you which DLL files are missing. It's usually msvcpxxx.dll and msvcrxxx.dll.
    In this case, for MSI Afterburner we would need msvcp90.dll and msvcr90.dll, but even after copying these files in the installation folder, the same error occurs.

I mostly use these kind of utilities only to display in-game monitoring information on Windows 8 where VC++ isn't needed, but would be great to have MSI Afterburner working on Windows 7 as well.

That's great.

Guess I'll be sticking with EVGA PrecisionX then.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2014
  14. Unwinder

15. eXXon

eXXon Guest

GPU:
    GTX780 SLI
    Thank you Unwinder. The fact that you put in so much work & effort, yet it remains a free and ad-free app just blows my mind. Really appreciate all your hard work.

16. Ch0plol

Ch0plol Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 770 4GB
    Thanks once again Unwinder.

17. Hamlet

Hamlet Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 270X Hawk
    MSI R9 270X Hawk here.

Problem:
    With Afterburner 4.0.0 you can edit core and memory clock all you like.
    Once you hit the "Apply" button, they both snap back to the default values.

How can you make the overclocking stick?

18. km52

km52 Member Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    +1

@Unwinder

Thanks for the latest update, it's a pleasure to use as always. :)

No problems here but two low priority comments:

1. I'm using a softmodded GTX 470 -> Quadro 5000 in my second pc. When running the Quadro-enabled bios there's no voltage reading and no voltage adjustment for the card. Not a problem for me as i've customized the bios for proper voltage, but would be nice to have voltage adjustments on Quadros as well. (If it's locked by design on request from NV then forget about it. ;))

2. Planetary Annihilation displays a black screen on startup when running with AB OSD in the background. This problem seems to be app related as other OSD tools are having problems too since the latest builds.
    I just found out that PA works with with AB OSD if you switch the rendering mode from Vector3D to Vector2D, so maybe you could create a corresponding profile for PA for the next update? (It used to worked with Vector3D for months straight, but something in PA has changed recently that breaks it.)

19. lllFATAL1TY

lllFATAL1TY Guest

GPU:
    N780 Lightning
    Thanks Unwinder :)

20. Lucifer

Lucifer Guest

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 2060S
    Thank you for this release.
    Adding columns is a nice one. Now I can group all the parameters that I want & ditch other overlay softwares