GTA5 will use +3gb vram @Ultra

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by SLI-756, Sep 2, 2014.

?

gta5 will see more than 3gb vram usage at ultra

Poll closed Oct 17, 2014.
  1. yes

38 vote(s)
    36.5%
  2. no

39 vote(s)
    37.5%
  3. what the ..

27 vote(s)
    26.0%
  1. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    i say yes even at 1080 without aa and i hope so too.

2. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    interesting to see how it performs on my 580 if i havent upgraded by then...

p.s went with what the...as in I dont think it will matter..

i think gta4 probs was poor optimisation not a vram issue. (even then played it loads without any real issues..was great fun).

(well maybe I dont run into issue because I know what am doing..i.e turn down certain things to get a good framerate...although i insist on at least x2 aa).

ok sure if ultra plus aa and high res i.e above 1920x1200 then yeah i can see 3gb being about right..

surely it depends on how well it's coded/optimised?

Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
  3. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    I don't think so. Unless the textures undergo a considerable upgrade.

4. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    possibly. oh wait, 1080p no AA, don't think so. All maxed, probably. doesn't mean a 2gb card won't play it just fine, given it has enough performance.

5. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    At 19x10 then no, i don't see it using more than 3GB

As mentioned it will probably only need it if it has been sloppily coded, and i doubt anyone wants that.
    I have no idea how the engine is these days, Max Payne 3 was obviously an improvement but it was also a linear game so not a good comparison.

Once you go high res and add AA then it becomes alot more likely, but while alot of textures will be upgraded i doubt Rockstar have upgraded every single texture.

6. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    The advent of the new consoles with their lower frequency but multicore CPU's means that it should hopefully be threaded properly, they can't brute force a single core like the 360/ps3.

Possibly we'll be seeing better optimised ports when we see something coming from the ps4/x1.

I hope, it's the only way my laptop will stay ahead of the new games coming out.

7. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black

he's just troll baiting.

EDIT:
    Besides, 12gigs of total texture memory will be plenty, well that's if you have 16gigs of main ram ;)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 3, 2014
  8. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    3GB for sure..Maybe 4GB for max draw distance plus AA :)

9. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    Or maybe worried we are going to get a new Watch_Dogs....

I have high hopes for the PC version but cursory optimization is unfortunately not out of the question. We've been there before.

I fully expect AC Unity to go above 3GB at 1080p/max settings like Watch Dogs.

10. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GPU usage 200% on a Titan Black.

11. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    1080 no aa? 3gb+
    possibly with a memory leak

12. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    I don't think we'll have to worry at all this time around. GTA IV pushed boundaries because at the time, PC hardware wasn't THAT far ahead of the consoles. Combined with a lazy port meant CPU usage city.

GTA V is using the same engine, so it should play about the same at "basic" settings as GTA IV does now. We'll see about the "uber" settings though.

13. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Very good point. But seeing as how they didnt really intend to make a pc version of gta 5 in the first place, i could very well imagine that it will be yet another lazy port for pc.

I think the unified memory (which the "new" version of gta 5 is written for) on the new consoles vs the divided memory on pc's will give the developers a headache when it comes to porting it from ps4 to pc... and i could also very well imagine that it will have horrible texture management, just like Watch dogs, and for that very reason, it could use alot more than 3gb vram.

14. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    It will use MP3 engine not same as GTAIV.

15. rodrigoles

rodrigoles Master Guru

GPU:
    Rx 5600 XT
    I know a guy who knows a guy who knows another guy who knows a janitor who works in rockstar, and he guaranteed that the game will use, exactly, A LOT of vram which means nobody will actually be able to play it. I believe is doable if you duct tape 3 ps4s since they have so much super fast ddr5 memories.

Seriously, people don't even know when it will be released, much less what will it ask for in the requirements. What's next, create a poll asking if the game will feature physx.

16. ricardonuno1980

ricardonuno1980 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti Classified :D
    My GTX 580 3GB will get all max settings with FXAA except motion blur (and bloom?) disabled :D but 720p due to "new" games. ;)

17. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I think GTA5 will run better on my system than Watch Doge.

Yes I'm baiting you SLI..

xD

But seriously I really hope they put effort into getting this port running good on PC.

18. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Well I think it would depend on the engine they use for the game and how well it is optimized. If I were to run the game I be willing to bet that mine will run just fine @ 1080p ultra.

19. DarkKnightDude

DarkKnightDude Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX770 4 GB OC
    All this speculation from virtually zero info.

20. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    I already played it on PS3. The main story is fine n all, but seriously the game isn't all that ya know. I'm far from even caring for a PC version with some enhancements. There's just not much here that we haven't seen before as far as gameplay. I would at least hope they fix the vehicle controls and add some more side stuff to do, especially in the upper 2/3'rds of the map, just gets old quick. The entire fun of the game revolves around the heists with all else being just a shell and backdrop.

Honestly I think San Andreas was the peak of GTA series. C'mon now, getting fat, exercising, car hyrdolics the coffee mod mini game...it was awesome.