Rockstar's Support Team Debunks GTA V Delay Rumors

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 2, 2014.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    A couple of days ago a rumor regarding GTA V's release date surfaced. As the rumor suggested, the game is to be delayed to 2015. However, Rockstar's official support team declined those rumors, clai...

Rockstar's Support Team Debunks GTA V Delay Rumors

2. miffywiffy

miffywiffy Master Guru

GPU:
    750ti
    No one cares any more we all played it last year, it wasn't even very good, lets move on!

3. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    the game you played could have been played on my phablet, in a way it was a half finished low res demo tbh.

4. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Thank you Rockstar. :D

I'm so glad it runs on the Max Payne 3 engine, but who knows it might be modified.

5. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I certainly didn't play it, and looking forward to play and see what they have improved.
    I've seen it on the ps3 and, at least regarding the graphics, it wasn't worth the money they sold it for.

6. Aoyagi

Aoyagi Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vapor-X R9 290
    Interesting. On what basis are you claiming that "we all played it last year"? Or who is "we"? Or are you just being a narrow-minded individual?

7. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Maybe 'we' is just venacular for 'feck'.

8. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    Graphics in games are on the last place on my list, if game doesn't have that "something" about gameplay to attract me for long night gaming sessions till dawn then I don't care a bit if that game has best graphics in whole universe. With 30+ years of gaming experience on my back I know well that graphics is not most important thing about game, but for young generations of gamers (in most cases) graphics is most important thing they spot in some game before purchase.

Imho GTA V graphics on PS3 is nice from my point of view, PS3 is 8 years old console, don't forget about that.

I wouldn't be supprised if GTA V for PS4 & XB1 comes few weeks earlier than version for PC.

9. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    they didn't sell that many copies

10. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Of course graphics isn't everything. But, as far as I've heard and seen at my friend's, they brought along the gameplay pretty much as I'd expect it. So what I am waiting for is to see if they have improved the graphics, and very much so because the PS3 is 8 years old, and I want to see what they offer now.

11. johnny_h

johnny_h Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 480
    That article is from June though?

12. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Worst thing R* could do is cancel the PC version. That'd be the final nail in the coffin for them in the PC market. As a multiplatform gamer, id probably not bother buying their games on the consoles either if they were to cancel the PC version.

Like it not, PC gaming isnt as dead some would like us all to believe, just the exclusive side is were the PC is hurting most. God knows we've got enough 'indie' titles on PC.

13. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
    Hilbert must of linked the wrong one by accident, this is the right one.

[​IMG]

14. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I agree! Way to many titles that used to be PC titles got worse and ****ed up because of consoles and their needed compatability... It's the pc gamings curse that every kid now owns a console, and every publisher thinks about sales first.
    I'm not sure the indie titles would really save pc gaming if it were to die, because engines cost money and time to use. I wouldn't expect any "AAA" title from an indie developer, yet the replayability and "flavour" of many indie games beat the big publisher's portfolio by far.

15. johnny_h

johnny_h Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 480
    I see, that's a lot less convincing though. Wouldn't be a far stretch that a web support person doesn't know any more info or is just doing what he's told. If there was an official thread specifically saying it's not being delayed, I'd be more inclined to believe it

16. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
    I wouldn't normally pay much attention to support, especially Tier 1 support.

This article makes me think the cancelation is probably bull**** though.

17. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    [​IMG]

I care, I didn't play it last year on those ancient boxes and I'll move on after I finish the PC version of GTAV.

18. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Waste of time, people will still say its delayed till 2015, and stories about a delay will still appear. :D

19. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Latest trailer confirms November, distribution channels say the 11th in North America and November 14th in Europe :cool:

Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
  20. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Speak for yourself., I haven't played it yet.. and from what I have seen it looks really fun.