big article 'Evolution of PhysX'

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by mbk1969, Aug 22, 2014.

Tags:
  1. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2014
  2. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Nothing special mentioned it in, physx 2.8 can run bad because it has stalling (re-calculating issues for each object) physx3 has this fixed, most of it. Bullet doesnt have this, it only calculates those objects that needed it or are about to make a physics interaction, rest is in idle state (kinda like predicting) - physx3 has now similar approach.
    What's worse he now disses bullet because he can't understand the compiler. Nvm Havok assumptions. :)

Also this suits more in physx, etc sub forum then nvidia drivers :nerd:
    http://forums.guru3d.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22

Last edited: Aug 22, 2014
  3. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Why do you say he can`t understand compiler? In quoted sentence he just stated opinion that his compiler options are better.

4. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    And? He's implying its not efficient, maybe because he doesnt know how to decompile this idle state part..

I tested Bullet sdk a long time ago and saw this right away - how efficient it on cpu with thousands of objects (old yorkfiled). It only calculates stuff that's about to make a physics interaction not whole scene.

Physx followed this with physx3, good that they did + proper SSE and more multi core aware and it got really close to Bullet efficiency.

I think he couldnt get Havok because its now Intel property and Intel is making it OpenCL, just like Bullet is.

I saw one info once physx might go OpenCL too in the near future, but yeah first they will milk it as much as they can :p