m4N82 DELUXE and Phenom II 980 issue

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by davidReloaded, Aug 21, 2014.

1. davidReloaded

davidReloaded Guest

GPU:
    MSI gtx 560 ti HAWK
    Greeting from eastern Europe!

Can someone say what could be wrong with the following setup: Asus m4N82 DELUXE, AMD Phenom II x4 980. The computer does not always boot with the default bios settings: after pressing the power on button, all the fans and hard drives spin but no signal in the monitor or the mouse/keyboard. After shutting down or restarting an arbitrary no. of times it starts fine and and the computer shows no stability issues at all even after hours of Windows gaming. Furthermore i can confirm that if i shut down and start it again after a relatively short time (like a few hours) it starts with no issues but if it's shut for longer (like more than 8 hours) the issue happens. I tried different bios settings with no success so far. Perhaps I should mention that this mobo did not support Phenom II 980 from the start (i have the most recent bios version). Is this mobo dying on me?

Any help is appreciated.

2. Avercab

Avercab Guest

GPU:
    -
    Dunno if it'll help but i had a M3N-HT and same issue as your and the only way to boot that pos was to reset the cmos. After a bit of trial and error i found the problem was the custom asus screen at boot... Disable full screen logo and see if it works

3. davidReloaded

davidReloaded Guest

GPU:
    MSI gtx 560 ti HAWK
    Helpful info, although i think i tried it already...thanks anyway.

4. davidReloaded

davidReloaded Guest

GPU:
    MSI gtx 560 ti HAWK
    Perhaps someone who ran this particular setup of mobo plus Phenom II x4 Deneb architecture may help. Still waiting for a remedy.

5. Veeshush

Veeshush Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    Just off the top of my head:

Loose connections (power cords, cpu, ram, gpu etc). Unplug everything and plug it back in. Clean contact pins. I've had plenty of rigs that don't start up right that end up just having something slightly loose. They're anal, it might take 3 plugs/unplugs before something is snug.

Bad caps: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capacitor_plague Check the board, your gpu and your PSU. That could explain why it works after it's been running for a while.

Bad CMOS battery.

Bad BIOS version/settings.