Some pc issues

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by DiceAir, Aug 20, 2014.

1. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    Hi there.

i'm having this weird issue with my pc for over a year now. I tried many things. My first pc was

i5-2500k
    z77a-g45
    8GB Exceleram 1600mhz
    rest the same

That pc was working fine but with my setup my cpu wasn't enough anymore. Was seeing 100% usage in some games that I play so I decided ok let's just get a 3770k. Then my pci-e went faulty so got my motherboard exchange plus some money back for a MSI b75a-g43 gaming 16GB corsair vengance. Ever since then I'm just having issues. I get that my pc will freeze at random times. Like playing BF4, Crysis3, Farcry 3 and so on. Pretty much any game. It will sometimes freeze when exiting the game. Sometimes my pc will freeze when doing web browsing although and sometimes even on idle although rarely. Sometimes it will blue screen like last night.

[​IMG]

That file is not always the cause. So even after upgrading my motherboard and cpu still having issues. This is what else i tried.

1. Install other ram sticks like 8GB then I will load up games and as soon as I change graphics settings or play for a little bit it my game will crash and windows tell me running low on ram.

2. Re installing windows still having issues

3. chaning ram to stock 1333mhz speed

4. Testing ram with memtest86+ 7 passes and it seems fine.

5. setting my ram voltage at 1.55v

6. Installing another SSD

7. Making sure my windows is up to date.

8. Different Amd catalyst drivers

9. check if something is overheating

10. Stress testing gpu in valley for about 1-2Hr straight and no issues.

11. Tried another GPU (r9 270x)

12. Test on old 1080p monitor and same thing.

So with that 8GB ram installed when I run a game my pc will only use 4.2-4.6GB then it will start telling me running out of memory and game needs to be closed. The only thing I can sort of blame is either my PSU, Secondary SSD, Sound blaster Z and Graphics card cause that is like the only things that can be at fault cause everything else was changed. So is there something I missed or not tested properly. This only happened since I upgraded from the old b75 board to z97

What I don't understand is I changed so many things and still having issues. Isn't what I did suppose to fix many things. I have friends playing with 8GB ram just fine.

I must admit when i upgraded my pc to the i7-4790k and z97 board I get it more frequently than ever.

Could it be the Killer E2200 nic cause that also changed since the z77a-g43 board?

Last edited: Aug 20, 2014
  2. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    I zero drives before any re-install, and in the mobo bios disable on-board audio and igpu /turbo boost, all the crap basically and run no power saving, 24/7 4.89 currently.

3. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    ok that's good to hear but How come I have all these issues. I changed so many stuff and still having issues.

It's just that now I get it more and more. Yesterday playing bf4 My game crashed 1 time and then I just relaunch the game and it works. The other day was playing bf3 and when I was exiting the game it crashed and my mouse was laggy for 2 sec and pc froze up on me having to hard reset my pc. Then everything was fine.

i was home just earlier today to go fetch something and also to check if my download was still going (separate download pc) Now the thing is I can always teamviewer to my pc from home. So i decided to teamviewer and guess what my pc got restarted without any info in event viewer. Only thing i can see there is it telling me my pc lost power/ unexpected shutdown. So that is a symptom of a psu issue but then again i think a psu won't make my games crash.

Last time i ran 8GB ram it will crash like explained in my op but on 16GB ram most I used was 10GB and it's not crashing. Both the 16GB and 8GB has been running in another system for a very long time with no issues. the toher pc I installed it in is a p55a-gd65 i3 and then both 16GB and 8GB tested.

Oh and the 16GB is 2 kit's of 8gb so it's 4x4GB or (2x4gb)x2

So it looks to me like the killer e2200 could be the issue or what do you think. Maybe I should install the driver without the killer manager

Edit: Oh I see you also have killer e2200. I haven't tested windows 7 yet but on my old z77 board I had windows 8.1 installed.

Also could it be my psu not supplying the right voltages. I tested with HWinfo and sometimes my 12v will drop lower but is there any other way of accurately testing it. under load it will not drop but maybe it's just not stable all the time.

4. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    is the killer nic the Ethernet software?
    if so yes I have done a couple things with it I could share.

5. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    Yes. Please share. I also have the drivers i got from msi that comes without the Manager. But then why would Farcry 3 crash when not playing online but yet again I'm always connected via TEamviewer but this happened before I installed teamviewer. My old pc is running just fine now for days. not a single issue. This is the specs:

b75a-g43 Gaming
    AMD r9 270x
    8GB RAM
    750w psu
    Everything else not important

Also have the following pc at work and it's running for a very long time now with no issues.

msi z87a-g45 gaming (Got it as free gift from MSI but decided we need it at work so don't ask why....lol)
    Intel xeon e1230v3
    16GB Apacer 1600mhz ram (2x8GB)
    geforce 8600gts
    Corsair tx650w psu

6. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Ive heard a few people complain about Killer NIC, and ending up replacing it with a 3rd party NIC

7. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    ok sure,
    first off the suite is pants, I believe it's that I got disabled from start up like in this pic:
    http://i.imgur.com/3oJ3RZW.png

also here is a list of my installed programs, only one killer app listed.
    http://i.imgur.com/SndIilH.png

more info:
    http://i.imgur.com/AAKaXXX.png

I also changed a couple settings inside the previous pics config settings, like disabling green and the like but that isn't for stability.

if the suite isn't disabled from start up then perhaps my firewall shuts it down, though I believe it's that one you see in first pic that closes the bloatware.

8. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF

The killer manager suite is the driver and manager itself

9. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    well I have no suite, only driver.

10. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    Do you mean you disabled it? Maybe I should uninstall the drives and then install the drivers msi gave me via device manager so then I don't have to disable the killer suite

11. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
  12. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    oh ok. So will test first by uninstalling the driver then installing it via device manager so that I'm sure no killer software is installed.

13. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    Ok so I decided to uninstall e2200 software and just install the driver via Device manager. Guess what after playing bf4 my pc froze up on me again. So I was thinking. What about ulps. it might be that cause the game is sort of still busy with the other card and now it's disabling it making stuff unusable.

14. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    I had a horrific time with bf4 for a while with crashes, can't remember if it was driver related or what, ..worse game for crashes ever imo.

15. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF

Like I said it's not only bf4. it was farcry3, BF4, thief, crysis3, etc. So prety much any game. Like I said yesterday I thought to myself. ok Why does my pc freeze only when quiting a game. Maybe because my second gpu istrying to go into power saving but the card is actually still being used.

it's like the ulps kicks in to soon and then i'm having issues. Yesterday was playing BF4 and then when I decided to quit the game my pc froze. So for now will try with ulps off. just to clarify again it normally freezes when i quit a game or it crashes. It still doesn't exoplain why many games will just crash giving me no error only **** has stopped working.

16. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Hi can u list your specs, I'm a bit confused as to exactly what hardware you have....

Could u also run memtest hci cheers.

17. kaingr

kaingr Guest

GPU:
    gigabyte waterforce 1080
    check your psu then!!!

18. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    please read carefully. i list all pc's i had in the past few years. Since going from my 2500k pc to my i3770k pc I've been having this issue.

19. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Did you run memtest hci?

20. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    not yet. Ok so I got to my pc no and guess what it blue screened without me doing anything on it. I mean while I was at work it blue screened.

How do I test my ram with this. it tells me unable to allocate 4096mb