The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Gameplay Demo Video

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 20, 2014.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    CD Projekt RED has just released the promised extended gameplay video for The Witcher 3. This new gameplay video is 35 minutes long and shows what gamers can expect from this highly anticipated RPG. h...

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Gameplay Demo Video

2. expo

expo Guest

GPU:
    Gtx 970 / 3.5GB + 0.5GB
    Looks .. okay I guess ?
    I'm not into the genre, but looking purely at graphics (which is why they put out these videos), I must say this looks good at most. Not amazing by any standard.
    And to all game devs, PLEASE adapt the lip sync technology from Rockstar (LA Noire)
    This just looks silly.

Als long as it’s fun to play, I guess it will be worth all the hype.

3. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Did you watch the same video as me? The game looks outstanding from a visual perspective.

4. expo

expo Guest

GPU:
    Gtx 970 / 3.5GB + 0.5GB
    yeah, when coming from an Xbox 360 maybe
    Look, trees are green and swamps are brown, and they look average at best.
    The cities and interiors are well done, true, but looking at this video looks like that's not where you will spent most of your time.
    Skyrim retextured looks equally good (or better), that's why I'm just not blown away.

5. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    I totally disagree, and I've played a heavily modded Skyrim. Care to name a game that isn't heavily modded that you feel is superior?

6. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    Looks nice, drawdistance is good from what i can see in this video, and that is important for an open game as this will be, environment has nice geometry , looking good, i just hope they'll improve face acting more until it releases.

7. expo

expo Guest

GPU:
    Gtx 970 / 3.5GB + 0.5GB
    Crysis 3 -Farcry 4 - GTA V (since this game isn't out yet, I don't exclude new releases.

Listen, I'm not saying it looks bad, I'm just not in awe.

I don't expect miracles in game development either, the new consoles are still pretty new and game devs mostly still use the same engines to power their games as a year ago. Big difference is the much higher texture quality used in games now. And good textures make a game look much better. Hell, I have a modded Halflife 2 and even a modded Quake with just a few texture and lighting tweaks and they could pass for new gen games.
    So except for textures (and maybe some nice DX11 effects), what's so great about this title ?

Last edited: Aug 20, 2014
  8. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    I wouldn't say any of the games you've mentioned look better. You've admitted that this sort of genre isn't your thing, and I'm wondering if your dislike of the setting is affecting your view on the visuals. Regardless, as is clearly stated by the presentation: It's a work in progress. The lighting effects, foliage quality/density as well as particle effects stand out, and that's just to start.

9. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I sit somewhere in the middle when it comes to this, it looks really nice but it's not going to stand out in 2015.

It is a larger game now, so while it does look more Witcher 2.5 than Witcher 3 technically there is alot more going on now.

10. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    most here won't be able to experience ultra witcher3 let alone these other games spoken about that's gonna look better?
    the only game gonna look better is crysis4 packed with new amd tech.
    you wait till ultra witcher3 with PhysX is here.

11. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Although that's console footage, it still looks good. I would really like it if CDP would start showing PC demos.

12. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    harkinsteven posted a pc gameplay vid I believe.

13. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    That was xbone. It's the same video that's in the OP.

14. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    I forgot that apart from PhysX it's gonna have all the other new stuff too, like the furr.
    perhaps in 2016 a game will better it, or before if crysis4 is 2015 and it's filled with as much amd tech as there is NVidia tech in this game.

[​IMG]

15. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I'm still not that impressed, some of its really nice while other looks average and borderline dated.

I thought all this footage was from the PC? While it wasn't uploaded in that format the Gamescon one was listed as 1080/60.

Just checked and the less compressed "The Witcher 3 - Wild Hunt - Ladies of the Woods Gameplay" is 1080/60.

16. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
    That is PC footage, they are just using a Xbox controller, the uncompressed video is 1080p/60fps. The trailer that they showed at Microsoft's E3 conference was running on a Xbox One at 900p/30fps, the PS4 version will likely be 1080/30fps.

You can watch a better quality video here, or you can download the uncompressed 5GB version.

17. mohiuddin

mohiuddin Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX670 4gb ll RX480 8gb
    As far as i know, fur simulation will use directcompute.

18. Andrew LB

Andrew LB Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080@2,025
  19. Andrew LB

Andrew LB Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080@2,025
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2014
  20. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU: