Razer Counter Logic Gaming BlackWidow Keyboard Released

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 20, 2014.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Raider0001

Raider0001 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX Nitro+
    Do u want to know what was my least solid keyboard ever ?
    It was my most expensive and first mechanical keyboard the Razer BlackWidow Tournament. It took about 3 weeks to start doing anomalies like double-triple key register, than i talked with Razer support about it - they advise me to upgrade firmware so i did and in the middle of the process upgrading failed and the keyboard died. I got full refund for it. I will think twice or thrice before I will ever buy any Razer product again.

3. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    Look like your one had a failure motherboard.

I have the BlackWidow Ultimate since years, at this time it was cost around 300$ if i remember well.. it still work perfectly and contrary to other keyboard i have got, it is reacting exactly like on day one. ( thanks to the CherryMX keys ). It is a bit loud on click, but well it is normal with Blue MX keys, next time i will look on brown or red keys.
    At home it is ok, but impossible to use in an office. ( peoples around will become crazy ).

Well need to say, it do an excellent combo with my logitech Proteus 502.

I was a bit worry to see the keys letter disappear as they was some concern about this. but even on this part everything is like on day one.

Maybe with Razer, it is better to buy the first version lol. ( some owner of the new Mamba know what i mean. )

Last edited: Aug 20, 2014
  4. lantian

lantian Guest

i can just say razer should finally lower the process, cherry's patent is over so all the keys are a lot cheaper to produce so why not lower price to something affordable after all the quality isn't anything special on any razer product

5. Ven0m

Ven0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Well, they know how to price their stuff. As with many products, you pay for the eye candies:
    Razer Blackwidow - 100 $/€ (I hate these bloated EU prices)
    Blackwidow Ultimate (with lights) - 140 $/€
    Blackwidow Ultimate Chroma (lights with colors) - 180 $/€

That makes almost double the initial price for extra lights and audio pass-through.

6. mackintosh

mackintosh Maha Guru

GPU:
    Is it just me or is Razer marketing getting more and more obnoxious and insulting to our intelligence? I remember back when Razer meant quality and innovation. Now it's just marketing speak, feature bloat and average products.

7. mmax63

mmax63 Guest

GPU:
    3x gtx titan
    also had some problems with razer

unfortunately for me the experience was not too good with razer products.
    I have several peripherals from Razer.
    the first to give problems was the razer mamba, never solved ..
    the second was the keyboard DeathStalker Ultimate was changed ....
    and finally Razer Tiamat 7.1 also was changed .....
    all this happened in the first year

so I lost confidence in razer, now I use Roccat....

8. ruiner13

ruiner13 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 1080
    That has to be in the running for longest product name. Are they competing with Samsung?

9. proFits

proFits Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    Same here, not a big fan of razor keyboards. Bad experience.

Mouse though is only starting to bug after four years and I think it's just dirt under the mouse button. And to be clear that's 4 years of 4-13 hours a day of using it.

10. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

The button click mechanism does have a life expectancy. Mine is rated at 30+ million clicks, which is considered exceptional.

You might want to buy some electrical contact cleaner (it's a spray can). It's relatively expensive, but useful for other things as well. Just disconnect the mouse, spray underneath the mouse button, give it a few clicks, repeat etc. If the mouse button isn't worn it should resolve that issue. Since it can be used on anything that's electronic and switchy (even car remote control buttons, on/off switches etc) it's not going to waste, and can sit in the cupboard for years.

11. holystarlight

holystarlight Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4090
    I love Razer keyboards, and when I saw this one I fell in love with it instantly, Love the colors never been overly fond of the green.
    Almost impulse bought one!, but my current black widow is working fine... damn it!

12. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Looks nice, im after a new keyboard with white LED lighting, got a Logitech Illuminated at the mo, had it for a few years now, fancy a change to a proper gaming keyboard :p