World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by PhazeDelta1, Aug 19, 2014.

1. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Check your emails. The next round of beta invites are being sent out.

2. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Oh i never registered or anything for it guess i wont get it :(

3. stat1cx

stat1cx Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390 GAMING 8G
    I have registered, and never gotten anything from blizzard, i am playing wow from vanilla time, and yet they are not giving me anything :D So i dont expect much from them.

4. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    2 of my friends are thinking about coming back, theyve missed panderia and can use 10 days trial. Can i send them Scroll of resurrection? or you cant apply both?

Last edited: Aug 20, 2014

5. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    No beta invite here :(

6. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    I Opted Out for Beta, cuz i don't wanna be spoiled :p

You have to setup your Beta Profile Settings in you account.

7. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    There is no more scroll of resurrection. Blizzard did away with it back in Feb, so they'll have to use the free trial.

8. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    I've traded my ESO account for a WoD beta key, and omg this expansion feels alot like TBC again. <333

Never been hyped about an WoW expansion sinds TBC!!!!

I do am dissapointed in some of the new character animations like the undead male. :(
    It looks way different from the original.

Elemental shaman in WoD is really cool, like the spikes that come out of the ground. :D
    You also have alot less skills now, unless they are still WIP.

9. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Yea i did some browsing around when i got home! Guess no SoR for them and no free month or mount for me :(

Looking forward to it, itching to sub again but not much to do at the moment i guess!

10. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I might just re sub again for a bit, still have some gear to go for.

11. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    I've been playing since 2005. I got invited in the second wave of invites. I played it for a while until they wiped my characters for the second time and I decided I didn't want to see any more than I already had before the actual launch. I left the beta and I'm now waiting impatiently for the launch on Nov. 13. I saw enough to know that it will be a very good expansion with many new features. The Garrisons are cool and the leveling experience will be awesome.

12. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    They have pruned abilities for all classes to reduce button bloat, which honestly was getting out of hand.

13. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Seems they are changing Anti-Aliasing in WoD.

[​IMG]

Not sure what CMAA is, i never heard of it before. But seeing it Blurs the game this really sucks.

Forcing MSAA thru Inspector doesn't work for WoW, it makes half the game Invisible.

14. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Thats good, this is already being received better than pandas. Ah its out on 13/11, i though it was out in December at around Christmas time for some reason!

I wonder if we will get any world events. Might have to resub at the end of September then!

15. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Better wait for the new expansion, MoP isn't that good. :(

I'm currently still playing cause i need few classes level'd to 90.

16. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    MoP is crap, this is when i quit. Got 3 chats at 90, one at 89. Did all those LFR very quick and quit again. Will probably sub at the end of September so i can slowly get back into it. Ive got few mates who will be doing the same. sounds like WoD is actually pretty good.

17. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    I'm keeping my eye on this, but time will tell. The MoP expansion was the first I didn't even bother to get to max level in, disliked a lot of the changes and couldn't get into the setting. I doubt I'll bother with the new expansion in the end if I'm honest, the only real reason I play WoW is to raid, and the shifts I'm working at the moment would make it difficult to get a regular spot in a decent guild. I've no interest in raid finder, it never should have been added to the game in my opinion.

18. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi GTX 970 Gaming 4G
    I managed to get the D3 beta, and wife got Blizz's new lane pusher beta, but that's been it for both of us for 10years now.

19. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    I thought the best option in the beta was the FXAA-low. It seemed sharper than the other two. It really didn't seem to blur much at all. More like smooth things out. They supposedly changed the game engine in some way that makes MSAA produce much more of a performance hit than before, so they eliminated it. Using no AA at all looked really bad.

I thought MoP was very good in every respect. I lost my guild for most of it but LFR let me see the raids and take part in everything. I also grew to like not being tied to a raiding schedule and having to depend on others to show up. LFR has been a great boon to me but leveling and questing has always been my favorite part of the game. The raids are just filler for me until the next round of questing, leveling, and exploration.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2014
  20. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    There is going to be a pre expansion patch and event coming out about a month before the launch. That would be mid October. The patch will have the events leading into WoD and will also introduce all the new class changes and the stat squishing so we get used to things before WoD unlocks.