Dolby® Advanced Audio/ Home Theater Drivers for your built-in HD Audio

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by fr33jack, Aug 19, 2014.

1. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    Sup. Thought I should share with these...especially cause I didn't fint it on guru3d and they can be potentially better than default Realtek HD Audio drivers. Feel free to try it anyways...should be compatible with x64-86 Vista/7/8/8.1 and any other onboard Realtek HD audio or built-in Nvidia/ ATI HD audio...maybe with some others built-in HD audio drivers - try for yourself and let us know ;)

Dolby® Advanced Audio v2/ Home Theater v4 Drivers (download link)

DOLBY.rar contents:
    Dolby PCEE Drivers x64.msi
    Dolby PCEE Drivers x86.msi
    Dolby Home Theater v4.msi
    Dolby Advanced Audio v2.msi

Installation:

1. Uninstall Realtek HD Audio drivers or NVIDIA or ATI HD Audio drivers. Reboot.

NOTE: For Win 8/8.1, Disable Driver Signature Enforcement

2. Install "Dolby PCEE Drivers". During installation process, choose either "DAA(release)" for Advanced Audio v2 OR "DHT(release)" for Home Theater v4.

3. Install either "Dolby Advanced Audio v2" OR "Dolby Home Theater v4" depending on the chosen settings previously installed "Dolby PCEE Drivers". Reboot.

4. Enjoy.

Dolby Home Theater v4 Overview (official site page)
    Dolby Advanced Audio v2 Overview (official site page)

Dolby PC Entertainment Experience v4 Overview (PDF)
    PC Postprocessing Technologies: A Competitive Analysis (PDF)

Dolby Profile Selector/ EQ settings screenshots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Home Theater v4/ Advanced Audio v2 features comparison:

[​IMG]

PS. Feel free to comment about your listening experience and your thoughts about these drivers.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2015
    chinook77 likes this.
  2. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    Apparently, Home Theater v4 can be used instead of default Nvidia/ Ati HD audio drivers. Just uninstall your Nvidia/ Ati audio drivers (if you using it) and install "PCEE" with "DHT" option then install Home Theater v4. I can't verify this...cause I don't have HDMI devices or audio speakers...

3. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Well, I use only soundcard`s digital output. Not clear whether these drivers can put sound produced by all these enhancers to the digital output.

4. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    I can't give you advice on that. Currently I'm using Creative A120 with built-in ALC892...but this fall will totally upgrade my pc sound system with hi-quality 2.1 audio and something like Sound Blaster X-Fi HD or similar external HD audio/DAC. Then, i suppose, i am also will be without the need of using these...

For me, default Realtek HD drivers feels like sh*t in movies and especially in games. "Dolby" sounds way better...

Last edited: Aug 19, 2014

5. RagDoll_Effect

RagDoll_Effect Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
    Can confirm, works with NVidia graphics audio through HDMI, woot :)

You need to disable driver signing in win 8

Thanks,
    RagDoll.

6. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    np :)

Added "How to" for NVIDIA|ATI HD audio to the main post.

7. holystarlight

holystarlight Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4090
    This is one thing I Miss from changing from Asus xonar phoebus to the STX II, Is there anyway to get Dolby to function with the STX II?

Edit: works perfectly for the HDMI on the NVidia Cards

8. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    Dunno...I just stumbled on these yesterday...at my brother workplace (pc service center)...in huge "softwares from vendors" archives which exponentially grows since 2001-02 :)

9. RagDoll_Effect

RagDoll_Effect Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
    Cool, just testing some things, all working beautifully. Even Dolby Digital Live which can be selected in Playback devices, then click properties, then advanced and drop down menu :) Only thing is it's limited to 5.1 cos Dolby Digital Live is pure 5.1, no 7.1

Is there any way to get full hd audio with these? I can't get DTS HD and Dolby True HD to work???

regards,
    RagDoll.

10. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    You mean with any of features like equalizer, surround virtualizer or without?

Currently I don`t use EQ, dolby multichannel as I use external DAC+AMP with headphones. That was my first question - when user doesn`t use multichannel audio (on multichannel speakers) are these dolby drivers worth to try?

11. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    Is this related to home theater? Running your sound thru the video card?

12. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    I mean in general. The sound in games are kinda dull with default Realtek HD drivers. Sure, I can tweak some EQ settings but still it's kinda dull...I don't like it. And realtek "virtualization" (compared to Dolby) kinda sucks too. IMO

If you using Reltek drivers for your built-in onboard sound card then yes, it can potentially enhance your listening experience. Dolby also have an excellent "virtualizer" for headphones and 2.0/2.1 speakers...imo superior...since Dolby Stereo tech. You can always try it by yourself and figure it out FOR yourself...one man's trash is another man's treasure ;)

Yeah. You need Home Theater v4 if you wanna replace your Nvidia HD audio drivers. But don't ask me for details...I don't have HDMI audio speakers to test it :) RagDoll_Effect knows...ask him

After DHT instalation it looks like this in "Device Manager":

[​IMG]

13. cheappo

cheappo Guest

GPU:
    7870 xt/2 GB
    @fr33jack, thanks for this. Do you think it could work with a VIA on-board sound card?

14. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Btw, when I discovered WASAPI in Vista and found a player program which can utilize WASAPI (exclusive mode) I was very surprised by difference between sound in WASAPI and DirectSound/WaveOut mode. Do you use WASAPI? PotPlayer now can utilize it by itself means.

15. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    Np =)
    Dunno on VIA...you can always try =)

Not only I using WASAPI, but I adore it =) Totally love with it since I discovered for myself. But I recommended WINYL© ...mucho awesome and with quite stylish minimalist design which is for me are kinda important. Great library manager also with great overall control...

WINYL look:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    For music I use XMPlay. For video - PotPlayer. Also I used JetAudio for quite long, but it can utilize WASAPI only with ReClock (but has plenty of useful tools).

Update: http://www.station-drivers.com/index.php/outils/func-startdown/821/

There is folder 'PCEE4' in that archive with 'DolbyAdvancedAudio.msi', 'DolbyHomeTheater.msi' and 'DolbySelectorTaskPatch.exe' files. May be the most new version...

Also there is folder 'DS1' with 'DolbyDigitalPlusAA.msi' and 'DolbyDigitalPlusHT.msi' files...

Last edited: Aug 20, 2014
  17. cheappo

cheappo Guest

GPU:
    7870 xt/2 GB
    Hey, just wanted to let you know that it works with my VIA soundcard (whatever's integrated on the Asu p7p55d-e pro). Time to have some fun. Thank you.

18. umeng2002

umeng2002 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Super
    It works on my Sabertooth 990FX, but once again, Dolby Headphone over digital out seems to be harder to do on integrated mobo audio than sending a man to the moon.

But I may keep these in because the dialog enhancement and real-time eq adjustment help my overall *general* web video viewing.

If anything, they help sample-rate switching better than realtek's 2.75 drivers.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2014
  19. umeng2002

umeng2002 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Super
    The only odd thing is that it won't accept 24 bits stream PCM (or 32) from ReClock or LAV Audio using WASAPI. But it will accept a 24 bit stream PCM from foobar2000 using WASAPI.

20. umeng2002

umeng2002 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Super
    On a side note, since these aren't signed, protected audio won't work in the Win 8 Netflix app when you try to use DD+.