Counter Strike: GO - ESL One Cologne -

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by MrH, Aug 15, 2014.

1. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    [​IMG]

Is anyone else watching? It's really great to see CS becoming more popular again, it really is the best competitive FPS ever (my opinion) and it's a fantastic spectator e-Sport. There's $250,000 in prize money so all the top teams are out in full force. It's currently day 2 of the group stages so all the BO3 games are still to come.

While watching the games on Twitch or in-game you can earn special souvenir cases, some of the items are selling for crazy money right now, which is another incentive to watch. You need to link your Steam account to Twitch to be eligible. You can also watch in-game with full commentary now, much like Dota 2, although the voice codec isn't the best, but it's nice watching the games in crystal clear 1080p with your own settings.

Official English Stream

Office 50fps stream (watch this one)

Last edited: Aug 17, 2014
  2. PNeV

PNeV Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor
    I am friends with a lot of CS Players and they are all excited for this. One who goes by the name Ander who has been in a few CS:GO teams and also Streams has his own Channel and stuff.

Yes, this is a shameless plug: https://www.youtube.com/user/UKAnder

3. keasy

keasy Banned

GPU:
    d1cK
    I love CSGO when it works as it should which is rare, and when it's not full of annoying angry kids.

I do love it but I just don't get watching other people play games, they can call it e-sport, pro-gaming whatever they like, I find it dull as dishwater.

But I do have friends that wet their pants at the prospect of watching top players in CSGO though.

4. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    What isn't working for you? I've not had any issues with the game. And as with any competitive game you want to play with friends or like minded players you run into.

Totally disagree, but you're entitled to your opinion.

To those on the fence, CS: GO is 50% off for 48 hours, go grab it now!

5. keasy

keasy Banned

GPU:
    d1cK
    It's a lottery if the official servers are going to work without stutter and micro lag, rubber banding, just outright poor connectivity.

6. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    Are you sure it's not on your end? Are your rates correct? I've never experienced these issues.

7. keasy

keasy Banned

GPU:
    d1cK
    LOL

I don't think you've actually played it!

Joking aside, no it's not my end. Of course my rates are correct, it's not like CSS where it's that configurable anyway. Playing on private servers is a different matter of course but I'm talking official servers.
    Did you play the game during the skins introduction and the multitude of issues it initially caused ?
    I can't believe you've never experienced any issues with CSGO, it makes me think you must view it with rose tinted specs, and I don't mean that as an offence BTW, please don't take it as so.
    In fact you're the only person I've ever spoke to that hasn't had any issues.

Do you never have hit reg issues on the official servers ?

8. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Just bought the game, haven't played css in years. This will be interesting.

9. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    General reg issues sure, but that's because of 64tick, but I haven't had the other issues. And I bought CS: GO about a year ago, played it for a few months and then stopped until a month ago. I have about 200 hours into it. Maybe it was worse at release, but now it's perfectly fine for me so I can't comment on how it was.

10. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    I hadn't played CS for about 7 years, it's quite the adjustment. CS: GO just feels different to 1.6, it's almost like relearning the game again but with a leg up. Well worth it at £5.99.

11. keasy

keasy Banned

GPU:
    d1cK
    It's well worth a purchase even at the full price.

Has it's issues ( for me at least lol ) but it's a brilliant game with so much depth.

12. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    Today has been amazing, I have never enjoyed watching CS this much before. The plays, the clutches, the level of competition is just insane. And I won $12 on bets so whoop whoop.

50FPS stream: http://www.twitch.tv/esltv_csb

Going into the second map of the finale now.

13. Arabaldo

Arabaldo Active Member

GPU:
    1070Ti
    Amazing finale by NiP vs Fnatic...

14. IcyPRO

IcyPRO Guest

GPU:
    NVidia
    Thinking of buying it on Steam soon ~
    I like it.

15. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Got the game on release, but somehow I did not get into it as with previous versions. Got only 14h according to Steam. One day ..

Last edited: Aug 21, 2014

16. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    It's the games birthday tomorrow, so I expect a flash sale. Keep an eye out.

17. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    After recently purchasing a playing the new CS GO, I have to say it's complete crap. I didn't like the feel of the game, sound effects, too much bloom, etc.

You will probably go back to playing CS 1.6 & source once trying out GO...

18. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Meh, GO is definitely way better than Source. Source is like a joke, the HS hitboxes are like twice as large as 1.6 and the awp/deagle are completely broken.

I don't know if anything will ever feel as good as 1.6, but I think overall GO is a better game. The ranked MM + everything else they've added for the competitive aspect has pushed it beyond what 1.6 was capable of. Most good 1.6 players have switched over.

There are a couple things I'd like to see tweaked, 128tic MM and slight modifications to acceleration, but overall I think it's the best CS yet.

19. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    I guess I'm too used to the old school 1.6. :)

20. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    lol I played CSGO yesterday and a bunch of trolls there, all crying & bitching on mics like little children, fail.