Review: Corsair HX750i power supply

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    In this review we look at the Corsair HX750i power supply. The power supply is quite delicious in performance and its Platinum 80 plus certification, the one massive 63 Amp 12-volts says it all really....

Review: Corsair HX750i power supply

2. Aoyagi

Aoyagi Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vapor-X R9 290
    And who is the OEM? I think that should be mentioned in a review... I'm guessing Channel Well.

3. zzzaac

zzzaac Guest

GPU:
    -
    I have the RM version, and I'm wondering if the cables are still stiff on this one, the ones one the RM's are incredibly stiff, even though they are flat, they are hard to move around

4. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    No these have slightly different cables, stiff yet somewhat more flexible.

5. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    p5 "Looking at the design, it could be Flextronics as ODM/OEM behind the product."

The earlier HX series were CWT or Seasonics. Flextronics is on the flagship AXi series and looking at the features of the new HXi could be Flex as well. Its an interesting OEM in that only Corsair seems to use them (and only recently beginning with the AXi units).

6. laststop

laststop Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Toxic 2GB 5870
    Why use a company that sources the psu from another company and puts their casing around it? That's why i always go with seasonic psu's cause they actually make their own and when you make something to put your own name on it you tend to take more pride in your work.

7. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    Corsair have had a great reputation on their higher end power supplies their lower end while adequate not stellar.I have no problem with outsourcing like they do as it's still their name that's on the line so I don't think your reasoning factors in all that much.

8. laststop

laststop Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Toxic 2GB 5870
    I dunno why buy a seasonic psu with a different brand on the outside when you can get 1 straight from seasonic. It's like an extra middleman taking money in the chain. Cut out the middleman

9. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    So if you had a corsair psu (seasonic oem) that was crap, you would put the blame on who? corsair or seasonic?

10. laststop

laststop Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Toxic 2GB 5870
    well the average consumer would probably blame corsair. But if the psu failed it would really be seasonics fault. Since the blame will be placed on corsair seasonics incentive to make a great product is slightly less then if they have their brand on the outside. And I just don't see the point if I'm getting a seasonic psu why do i need a middleman in the picture i'll just go directly to the manufacturer.

Unless its a part corsair added on to the product that failed then i would blame corsair.

11. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    Actually a lot of times the Corsair will be about the same or cheaper.They aren't in business to buy something to have it more expensive than similar designs.I understand what you're saying it's just not as simple as you think that's all.

12. Raider0001

Raider0001 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX Nitro+
    I had one of Corsair PSU for a very short time, VS550 with half of its rated power output out of the box, I cant imagine how the hell this could get through testing process in the factory, it had both "Q.C. Passed" and "HI-POT OK" stickers.