Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > General Chat > The HTPC, HDTV & High Definition section
The HTPC, HDTV & High Definition section Home Theater PC Enthusiasts or want to talk in High-Definition ? This is Guru3Ds Premier Community of HD and HTPC.

ID3-type info for video
Old
  (#1)
Sasquatch
Master Guru

Videocard: Msi R9 270x
Processor: FX 6300 Vishera @ 4.1GHz
Mainboard: ASUS M5A97 R2.0
Memory: GSKILL Ripjaws 4x8Gb 1866
Soundcard: Onboard & JVC HA-RX700
PSU: Corsair TX650
Default ID3-type info for video - 08-08-2014, 21:14 | posts: 372 | Location: Montana

So I've got a huge digital backup of all my ripped DVDs, and I'd like to add info to my movies, similar to how ID3 works for MP3s.
I've tried using Media Center Master, and while it generates a lot of info, WMC doesn't seem to read it reliably. For the first couple days, it will let me see the movie's information (cast, year, codec) but then all that just disappears in WMC.
Anyone have any other software that might work? Or how can I make the information stick in WMC?

EDIT: Does anyone know where subtitles can be downloaded from as well? Some of my collection the kids have scratched the disks & I can't rip them again with subtitles.

Last edited by Sasquatch; 08-08-2014 at 21:23.

Old
  (#2)
Clawedge
Maha Guru

Videocard: Nvidia 520
Processor: Athlon II 610e
Mainboard: Asus M5A97
Memory: 16GB HyperX
Soundcard: Onboard
PSU: Corsair 400W
Default 08-09-2014, 22:33 | posts: 1,629 | Location: Earth

i hope this helps
http://www.opensubtitles.org/en/search

as for the tags in the video, i have never come across anything (yet), though i do believe you might want to look up embedding jpegs into mkv files, makes it look way cool