does anyone consider Watch dogs a shallow game?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ramthegamer, Jul 31, 2014.

1. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    i apparently didn't like the game much, after a while i felt the game was shallow, repetitive,chicago felt an empty city, nothing in the world to explore or to do other than hack this terminal, hack that...repeat. have ur say..

2. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Over hyped game with a bland main character and no real direction. Yes it was very shallow.

3. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    All ubisoft games are shallow.

4. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Ubisoft games.

5. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    I don't really enjoy ubisoft games. Let's hope Division will change that.

6. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    WatchDogs is like AC1, a new title with new gameplay activities which become boring after while. I'm sure they'll fix it like they did in AC2.

7. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    Wow, just what we need, Another watch_dogs thread.

8. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    ACU looks quite good though so I won't say that that all Ubisoft games are crap. The Division also looks nice and then we got FC4. Just to be sure that they don't turn out like crap I won't pre-order any of them like I did with Watchdogs.

9. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Shallow? Well, yes... probably.

The game may have had potential, but it's difficult to say if it ever really did. Of course there's the visual downgrade from the E3 video. And while it sucks that the final game doesn't look nearly as good as the earlier footage, that says nothing for the gameplay.

The games problems lie in the fact that Aiden... is a worthless, bland character. He's not interesting, not charismatic... ten minutes with him and I didn't want to help him "get his revenge".
    He's a criminal, and yet acts all shocked when his family gets drawn into the cross fire because he did something.

And, it doesn't help that the city is rather bland as well. The majority of the side activities are boring and just don't fit, the city is filled with people... but it doesn't feel alive.

10. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    But don't tell the modding section eh? Seems their life and blood.

Maybe someone can make a mod to make it fun.

11. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Thought it was ok, until I played Infamous SS which is miles ahead of W_D as an open world game.

12. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Watch_Dogs just feels like Ubisoft were trying really hard to outdo GTA... but in the end, couldn't even match their own games (like Assassin's Creed).

I've never been big on "open world" games. The majority of them just bore the hell out of me.
    Of all the ones I've played... Saints Row 3,4 and Sleeping Dogs are the only ones I can honestly say I enjoyed from start to finish. And I would go back and replay them without issue.
    I also loved The Saboteur, but it had a brilliant art style and some nice over the top camp to balance it out.

13. Yecnot

Yecnot Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti
    Regardless of its quality, for enthusiasts it is the only thing you have. Sleeping Dogs is modern, but open-world is not where it shines and it has no replay value. GTA IV was released 6 years ago. Saints Row is quite simply garbage.

This was bound to be a quick cash-in for Ubisoft.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
  14. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    I thought it was an awesome game, played 86 hrs.

15. Zeppo

Zeppo Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 560Ti / Sony 40-EX723
    It's one of the most over rated and dull games I've played years, maybe ever.

If you want to play a real hacking game, get Gunpoint on Steam. I was really hoping that Watch Dogs (sorry.... Watch_Dogs) would need a similar style of thinking to Gunpoint in terms of what you can do with the hacking system but with modern graphics.

Watch Dogs was as bland as a vanilla angel delight.

16. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 PNY
    I pretty much agree with all posts saying it's a shallow game. Some comparing it to the original Assassin's Creed I would agree with, but I'd say it's worst that AC1 because AC1 at least had an interesting storyline, interesting character and the cities were fun to traverse. Watch Dogs has NONE OF THOSE THINGS!

I would say Watch Dogs is one of the worst, if not the worst game I've played in the last few years! Part of my animosity towards it is because I was suckered and actually bought the ****ty game! Shame on me!:bang:

Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
  17. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Assassin's Creed 1 kept me going because of the period it was set in, the music, and the story (thanks Ubi for ruining it btw). I find no such draw in W_D other than seeing how it runs.

18. chris2k

chris2k Maha Guru

GPU:
    ATI 6950 2GB
    had it installed for 15 minutes, it was a game of pressing Q, simply repetitive

19. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 PNY
    @Lucidus@ I should have said that as well. When I play AC1, it kept me going and entertained until the end. Watch Dogs was the exact opposite! I took so many breaks when playing it... the longest I played in one sitting was probably 65 minutes. The game is such a bore and the only reason I finished the storyline was to get the Uplay points.

20. Yecnot

Yecnot Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti
    I have to ask, is AC even about what Ezio/Altair were seeking anymore? Last time I played we uncovered a precursor to the human race, and evidence of a mass extinction event. Now I don't know wtf AC is.

Even the status of the recent "Assassins" is under serious question.