Bolivia declares Israel a terrorist state

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by SLI-756, Jul 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    LA PAZ: Bolivia on Wednesday renounced a visa exemption agreement with Israel in protest over its offensive in Gaza, and declared it a terrorist state.
    President Evo Morales announced the move during a talk with a group of educators in the city of Cochabamba.
    It "means, in other words, we are declaring (Israel) a terrorist state," he said.

http://www.dailystar.com.lb/News/Wo...s-israel-a-terrorist-state.ashx#axzz390BRRlxz

[​IMG]

2. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    That's a Lebanese newspaper :)

3. Passion Fruit

Passion Fruit Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Well i'd like to see any other country murder over 1,000 civilians and not be absolutely lambasted with hate and threats of military intervention and "toppling" of it's leader.

Israel seems pretty special in that regard, probably because they are major allies of western countries with interest in the area.

Sure, they have the right to defend themselves, but not in the process of murdering potentially thousands of innocent Palestinians in the process.

I don't agree with how Israel even came into existence, but there's some serious war crimes being committed by this local power in the area and something needs to be done on both sides.

4. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    No idea who thought it would be a great idea to just go and make a country there. It's been never ending conflict between jews vs everyone else there. But yeah it has been horrible to read them news of what is happening there. Just what the hell.

And if we used history as basis for every country there would be no countries considering the rich human history of war and changing borders and countries being made and destroyed.

5. Veeshush

Veeshush Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
  6. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    The real "joke" about how Israel as a country came into being is, the ones that provoked this ongoing conflict (former colional powers Great Brittain and France) don't even bother anymore... they just left the jewish and palestinian people to erradicate themselves, and don't even bother sending medical supplies to the civilians... there will never be peace in the middle east, never ever, not in a hundred years I'm afraid...
    And I so would wish I could see the beaches of Tel Aviv... :(

7. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    The thing that sickens me about Israel is that I believe it purposely inflicts high civilian casualties as a matter of policy to pressure its adversaries. It has a record of doing this, check out the last 3 Gaza assaults over the years, and of course the 'big one', the 1982 invasion of Lebanon where of the 19,000 dead left in its wake, 90% were civilians. It uses some of the most horrific weapons on the civilian populations, including phosphorous bombs, fleshettes and any other weapons that make a mockery of the word 'precision'.

The only reason they are able to do this is that U.S. Middle east foreign policy is virtually dictated by AIPAC, the pro-Israel lobby, and where any U.S. politician who does not toe the line can kiss his/her career goodbye. The U.S. public is largely ignorant of this along with a supine media (controlled by guess who?) which leaves out anything that makes Israel look bad or vital context about the occupation, settlements, blatant violations of international law, not to mention where it really stands in the so-called peace process: "Judea and Samaria" (the West Bank) is theirs to keep forevermore regardless of international law or UN resolutions. Think back to the WMDs and the Iraq war and the blinders and lies pulled over the eyes of the public to get that going, same forces/interests in play where Israel is concerned.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
  8. keasy

keasy Banned

GPU:
    d1cK
    I too feel that the Israelis are too heavy handed.

On the other hand though I see even in this thread some bias against the state of Israel and it's right to exist and defend itself.

The Arab-Israeli War of 1948 led to a cease fire AGREEMENT where by the partitioning of the former British Palestine was created, the new state of Israel, the West Bank and the Gaza Strip being Palestinian governed under Egyptian military protection. Even the the majority of the Arab League members opposed it! Eventually becoming the UAR the Arab states still questioning its authority and legitimacy.

So, as debatable as it is both sides are mired in murky history and questionable sovereignty. If anything in the eyes of established international laws Israel is probably more bona fide.

If HAMAS stopped being so f*cking stupid and just recognised the state of Israel things wouldn't be so bad.
    I don't think for a moment they do not use their populace as human shields.

Israel on the other hand need to stop their land grab and stop provoking their enemy and neighbour.

9. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Really?

10. Passion Fruit

Passion Fruit Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Israel has been land grabbing throughout it's entire existence as a country. The whole reason Israel even exists is because it's very inception was a land grab. The land was Palestinian land to begin with.

You can see for yourself throughout the years how Palestinians have been forced to flee, and the borders of their land become tighter and tighter.

I'm not biased against one or the other, but it's apparent to see from an outside perpective that Israel as a country are guilty of various war crimes, one being the needless slaughter of over 1000 innocent civilians in this conflict alone.

Hamas might well be a terrorist related or organised resistance group, but their very existence is owed to the Jews. Hamas' sole purpose is to reclaim the territory and create an islamic state in what is now Palestinine and Israel.

I mean, how would you like it if a load of displaced jews emigrated to your country (which was ruled by an outside power), that country then decides to cut its ties and leave it independent, then have the UN come in and suddenly declare it a Jewish state, displacing hundreds of thousands of it's indigenous population?

A load of bollocks if you ask me.

11. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Yesterday...

UNRWA Strongly Condemns Israeli Shelling of Its School in Gaza as a Serious Violation of International Law

12. pjokerxp

pjokerxp Banned

GPU:
    Palit GeForce GTX 680 2GB
    Israel and Palestine is non ending problem in the middle east, if it doesn't exist America wouldn't have power over Middle East.

13. mmicrosysm

mmicrosysm Guest

GPU:
    Cirrus Logic GD5430 1Meg
    ^^ This ^^

You saved me from typing :)

14. keasy

keasy Banned

GPU:
    d1cK
    Yes, really.

Your posted article refers to the land grab not the original legal state of Israel and its right to exist as mines does.

15. keasy

keasy Banned

GPU:
    d1cK

That's not true either.

As mentioned earlier it was partitioned by the Brits and the French which isn't a land grab, at all, in any way.
    There were many peoples of Semitic origin in the area.

If anything the original land grab was the Islamic Empire in the middle ages.

16. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    yosef019 is no1 terrorist

lol jk :D

17. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    You're basically throwing a red herring and trying to go outside of the scope of the current conflict, which has little to do with what occured in 1948. Thats history. The crux of the conflict revolves around what Israel did in 1967 and the land grabs it undertook in the aftermath, which as we have seen (by the quoted UN resolutions above), is in violation of international law. Even that is not at issue at the moment as Israel inflicts catastrophic death and destruction against a defenseless civilian population. THAT is the issue at present. So look at the casualty figures of civilians vs combatants (and its similar record in the past) then try to comment with a straight face.

And just for the sake of argument, if we were to hook onto your red herring re 1948, the Palestinians/Arabs side did have a legitimate grievance with the Partition Plan, in that it allocated large chunks of its own populated territories to Israeli control, which is basically in violation of a basic principle in international affairs, that of self-determination of peoples, as per Article 1 of the United Nations Charter. And that it was unfair that a minority of the population (1/3 Jews vs 2/3 Palestinians) be given preference over the majority. Also Israel declared its independence prematurely before the partition plan was to go into effect, and were already in the process of seizing lands that were already allocated to the Palestinians in the Partition Plan. They were also committing massacres and ethnically cleansing the lands they were seizing at the time (Deir Yassin, etc). That basically was what got the Arab armies into the 1948 conflict.

Furthermore the Palestinian refusal to accept the partition in no way confers upon Israel the right to aggravate a wrong. In other words, the Arab-Israeli war of 1948 could not take away the rights of the Palestinians nor enlarge the rights of the Jews. The United Nations itself affirmed this view when Israel was admitted to the UN by reaffirming its resolutions, which provided for the rights of the Palestinians, included in UN res.181 and 194, which basically affirmed their right to return to their homes and lands.

Ironically, Israel was NEVER going to agree to the Partition Plan anyway, but they allowed the Palestinians to take the blame for rejecting it:

"...the historical evidence is incontrovertible that Ben-Gurion agreed to the 1947 UN partition plan for Palestine only as a necessary tactical step that would later be reversed: "when we become a strong power after the establishment of the state." Later, Ben-Gurion told the Zionist Congress, "we will abolish partition and spread throughout all of Palestine". (Israeli historian Benny Morris - Birth of the Palestinian Refugee Problem, p. 24).

Which is basically what we saw in the big 1967 land grabs.

Its kind of funny, because all this sourced from Israeli historians (Benny Morris, Simcha Flapan and others) after Israel declassified documents on the conflict 30 years after 1948.

18. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Pardon my slight going off topic, but somebody knows his sh*t.

19. keasy

keasy Banned

GPU:
    d1cK
    I'm not trying to throw any 'red herring'.
    I didn't disagree with anyone about the land grab and in fact agree it's a disgrace.
    I was merely mentioning the legitimacy of Israel and the refusal of Palestine to accept its legitimacy,
    I've no idea why you'd think I'd be trying to throw a red herring, it's not a quiz, it's topical discussion.

Anyway OT...

Maybe now the world will stand up and confront Israel as a terror threat now that Bolivia has deemed it be so.

HA!

20. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    +1:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.