EIZO FlexScan EV3237 31.5-Inch 3840 x 2160 UHD Monitor

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 31, 2014.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. riardon

riardon Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX760
    They need to consider hiring a designer. Their monitors look horrible. So plastic and old looking. The stands and the bezels are awful. That's a shame cause their monitors are one of the best in terms of quality and features. They really need to do something with their designs they are so outdated.

3. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    /looks fine to me. I buy a monitor for its performance, not bezel or stand.

4. kenoh

kenoh Active Member

GPU:
    TitanXP 2.1GHz
    Does anybody know the cost? If it's under $600 I may consider buying one, if the price is right!

5. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Same, can't care much about how it looks.

In the end i'm looking at the display, not the outside.

Doubt it's gonna be under $600, seeing their 24 Inch 1200P Model costs about $600.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
  6. jimbonbon

jimbonbon Member

GPU:
    2x GTX Titan Black
    On the bezel/stand point - I much prefer if they are plain and simple. Bezels especially should be as thin, plain and uniform as possible. A shining example of going too far the other way is the new Asus ROG panel - discounting the fact that its TN for a moment, that stand would be really distracting.

I've actually seen one of these new Eizo panels in the flesh already and its a really impressive panel. The picture by picture stuff is awesome - if you use all the inputs you can pump four 1920x1080 outputs onto it in a grid. This was also the first time i've really played with a panel running at 4k and now I want one, which isn't such good news for my wallet! Also i'm really torn between wanting 4k resolution, G-Sync and 120Hz. If someone made an IPS panel which was all three of these things i'd be all over it.

This certainly isn't going to be $600 though - i'd guess maybe twice that. Having said that it is an Eizo IPS panel - even if you completely disregard the ability to show multiple inputs on a single piece of glass its probably worth it. Having said THAT, we only did some basic functional testing so I can't really comment on input lag or colour reproduction etc.

7. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Stick with 120/Gsync.

Even 3 x Titans were not enough for 4K (not across the board at any rate, and unless you like turning lots of details off).

You also have the headache of being totally reliant on SLI profiles which are not a sure bet these days.

8. jimbonbon

jimbonbon Member

GPU:
    2x GTX Titan Black
    I suspect you're right, which is a shame because at the desktop 4k looks great. Part of me almost wants a 4k IPS panel for work and a 1440p 120Hz G-Sync TN panel for gaming, but I simply can't justify that.

Suffice to say I can't decide were to go in terms of monitor next, and my Titan's are getting bored of driving 1080p.

(I agree there have been a few issues with SLI profiles being slow to appear recently (ESO and Titanfall for example), although to be fair these are often waiting for work from the game developer rather than NV.

Further off topic; I'm jealous of your third Titan... I downsized on my last build and can only fit two. X99 will certainly see me moving back to a three-way SLI setup.)

9. the11ama

the11ama Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 680 2GB
    "...and high-speed PWM (post-width modulation) technology..."

That should be (pulse-width modulation)

en.wikipedia DOT org/wiki/Pulse-width_modulation

Have only 8 posts after this...need 10 to be able to post links...

10. NiColaoS

NiColaoS Master Guru

GPU:
    3060 12GB
    Better start thinking at least 3000$. Afterall, this is EIZO we're talking about. If you can buy one, get it and you're done like... forever!

11. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    As i said earlier, their 24 Inch 1200P Model costs $600 already.

So expect this one to be atleast $1000.

12. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Those still interested, it costs €2500,- (3,355 US Dollar)

13. Ven0m

Ven0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    I have to admit, it's a little more than I was going to spend :)

Nonetheless, EIZO T965 was the best monitor I had compared to others during the ownership time.