Temporal DX9 artifacts workaround for latest AMD BETA Drivers.

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by MerolaC, Jul 31, 2014.

1. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    So.
    Many people are having problem with the last 3 or 4 betas from AMD on DX9 games, where they have artifacts in models (stretching and distortion) and textures flickering.
    Some people actually NEED to use the latest betas for newer games (Watch_Dogs, Battlefield 4, Sniper Elite 3, etc) or they just don't want to downgrade. For those, I have here, a set of DX9 DLLS from Catalyst 14.4, which, after some intensive testing, managed to pass on all DX9 games I tried it on. Games like, GTA 3, GTA Vice City and San Andreas, State of Decay, Test Drive Ferrari Racing Legends among others, which suffer from the aforementioned problem.

To use this workaround, just trow these 2 DLL's to the game's folders with such problems, where the main EXE is.
    Like this example here.
    [​IMG]

DLLS Download Link:

Code:
    https://mega.co.nz/#!W4BlAZIJ!bebG4VQCgm4DYPo9r-RygzTCo5kaw19zg3GBL9DYIGM
    I know this is not new, and that I didn't re-invented the wheel, but, some people does not know about this.

If you want to do this with the DLLS from another Catalyst, search for such DLL whiting the installer (Which can be opened with 7zip), extract them, open a new CMD window (with admin level) and write: "expand *.dl_ *.dll" (Where * is the name of the DLL) and then, trow the resulting file to the game's folder.

I hope this helps you and please, if you had the time to test this, post your results.

Also, be warned, I DID NOT tested this on Windows 8/8.1, just Windows 7. And that this is just for x86 GAMES (OS architecture does not matter).
    But, it looks like it's working on Windows 8.1, so, it should work on Windows 8 too.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2014
  2. stevvie

stevvie Member Guru

GPU:
    5700XT Pulse
    nice fix, I use sweetfx on all my dx9 games, seems to stop flickering/disappearing textures for me. Might also give this a try too. (Also on Windows7)

3. xxela

xxela Master Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 XT Red Devil
    Dude THANKS, is working; I didn't know that and is so simple. Tried on state of decay with W8.1

4. fasor

fasor Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GForce 750Ti 2Gb
    Thanks, with such substitution i can have all latest game optimizations (BF4 DX11 is about 10% faster, than 14.4) and run Flatout 2 with no model corruptions =)

5. trocio2

trocio2 Guest

GPU:
    GT 630 1GB DDR3 GK208 Kep
    The good ol' dll trick. I have a friggin 2gb+ folder filled with differents dlls for my card

:)

6. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    It used to be part of RP, but John removed it.

7. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    No problem, glad this is helping people :D

Yes, I miss it :(

8. Trino D

Trino D Member

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Thanks alot bro, was trying to play through San Andreas (again) and getting awful artifacts making it unplayable with the 14.7 drivers this fixes the problem though.
    I really hope this is fixed in the next beta there always seems to be something not working right in the last few drivers from Amd and when they do manage to fix a problem something else gets broken in the process...

9. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Haven't been using Windows for a couple of weeks now, but I really don't recall any artifacting with DX9 games with any of the latest beta drivers on my 7850 and 7670M.

Does it only affect certain DX9 games? I played Dota 2, osu!, Path of Exile, and Guild Wars 2 (probably a few other games), and didn't notice anything out of the ordinary.

10. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Well, in the OP, I said the game where the artifacts happen.
    Specially on GTA and State of Decay.
    Here is an example of that in State of Decay.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Does that mean you haven't tried other games though?

12. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    AGAIN, from the OP.
    I also had artifacts on:
    NFS SHIFT 2 (Not the first one, weirdly enough)
    Max Payne 2
    GTA IV (Mostly, it was bad shadows)
    Test Drive Unlimited 2

13. stevvie

stevvie Member Guru

GPU:
    5700XT Pulse
    add all the early assassins creeds to that list. I have tried this on them and they work ok. I use sweetFX it seems to fix the games and adds nicer visuals, but does require more gpu power. So if you require a fix without taking a gpu hit then this fix works perfectly.

14. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

I meant to ask if that meant you haven't tried a game where the artifacting didn't happen, but alright. Just trying to get a clearer picture of what's going on, since I know none of the DX9 games I played had no artifacting issues on two different computers.

I played GTA IV, and don't recall any artifacting (unless it was extremely subtle anyway).

15. Gizmo

Gizmo Guest

GPU:
    I have the artifact's texture/poly corruption with 14.6 >

Games i tried where

Dead Island
    Dead space (I II III)
    Space Marine

after that i gave up and returned to 13.12 (a magical driver set for me)and got Zero issues

@Espionage724 : Can i ask if you ever suffered from the skyrim poly/texture corruption bug ?

This was a bug that "only seemed to effect a small number of users" (AMD words) but when it got some exposure AMD tracked it down and fixed the issue in 13.4 (only took them about 8-9 months)

Here's a link to 2 rather large threads about these artifact's (inc video's) from
    early 2013-14

http://www.overclock.net/t/1351650/what-really-should-be-the-1-thing-on-amds-radar-the-dx9-artifacts

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=368290

I remember reading those threads at the time & ppl who (much like now) didn't see theses problem were saying it was failing hardware/PSU's unstable OC's ect ect but then along came a driver update or 2 & AMD had fixed almost all of these issue's and no one had to change a single thing with there hardware.

So as you can see from the above threads AMD do have a long history with this issue & its now reappearing for some ppl post 13.12,IMO AMD should really do some heavy Q&A to track and fix this problem once and for all.

16. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

I believe I did, if I recall right anyway.

17. Elite3540

Elite3540 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G OC
    Thanks for sharing! =)

18. DM789

DM789 Master Guru

GPU:
    NitroRX6800
    same thought as Elite3540,

Thanks for sharing, didn't even think of doing this,

well, gonna try it when i'm done with my GTA V playthrough on my PS3.

been hooked by GTA V, its a lot better than GTA IV.

can't seem to download from MEGA, its probably blocked by my ISP or mega blocked my country, can someone upload it to another file hosting ? ex : mediafire ?

Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
  19. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Temporary Error, fix?

20. DM789

DM789 Master Guru

GPU:
    NitroRX6800
    its for people that wanted to use latest driver, but can't play DX9 games, because of texture corruption.

the DLL is from 14.4 beta driver.

its a temporary, because we are hoping AMD gonna fix it soon.