Driver Windows 8.1

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by NXR, Jul 30, 2014.

1. NXR

NXR Guest

GPU:
    ATI Mobility RadeonHD3470
    Hello everyone, im new to this forum, i have seen alot of drivers around here but i can't really find working on windows 8.1, i recently installed 12.11 on my ATI Mobility Radeon HD3450, but, official driver exist 13.9 for windows 7....
    There is any recent driver working on windows 8.1?, and i recently contacted AMD and they say "Microsoft doesn't support", and Nvidia has graphic's older than mine but they have windows 8.1 driver.

2. mahmoud elfar

mahmoud elfar Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD6750M OC 775 950
  3. Tree Dude

Tree Dude Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R9 270X 2GB
    Yeah 13.1 is the best you can do for official drivers in Win 8. Unfortunately AMDs support for legacy cards is not very good. You could also give a modded driver a shot. There are a few on the forums. For pure stability I would go with this one:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=374236

It's only goal is fixing bugs left in the last release. Be sure to run DDU when ever you update a video driver.

4. NXR

NXR Guest

GPU:
    this is quote of --> --The official windows 8 driver-- (because i can't post links without atleast 10 posts '-')

I already tested it, but it didn't worked....

5. NXR

NXR Guest

GPU:

6. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    As long as the driver is WDDM, it will works on newer Windows, but with a few less feature supported and don't affect end user, as most of the dev focus on Windows 7 WDDM feature only.

7. NXR

NXR Guest

GPU:
    i installed 13.1 and when i open CCC only shows hydravision....

8. soky999

soky999 New Member

GPU:
    AMD RX Vega 56 8GB
    radeon 4xxx, 3xxx and older is NOT DX11.0 cards, so it is out of support because it is very old...latest catalyst driver is legacy driver 13.9...or 13.4 is same driver, but must it be legacy driver

dont download driver for ordinary cards, they wont install...or you can buy new graphic card (notebook in your case) with 5xxx and newer card with support

radeon 3450 is very weak card from 7 january 2008 with 40 gflops and never l have new driver..
    newest notebook cards have at least 530 and more gflops....13x more than yours

and yes, legacy catalysts have CCC problem...shows only hydravision

9. Tree Dude

Tree Dude Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R9 270X 2GB
    Gotta love advice like that. "Hey just buy something newer!". That doesn't help man. Sometimes we can't and just want to work with what we got. There is no reason that card should not work just fine on Windows 8.

Honestly, if you are just trying to get the darn thing working, try DDU and then let windows update detect the card and pull the driver. It should pull 12.11, which is a fine driver to stick with. The 13.1 driver is only a couple bug fixes, the base drive is the same as 12.11.

10. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    Yes, AMD's DX10 cards have become old, but you don't need more if you're not playing modern games. Even for modern games, there are still relatively few games that actually require DX11 cards. And if you're not playing games, even old integrated graphics are fine.

When using a new OS, one should have at least the same functionality as on the older OS.
    This is not a case of the cards just being old, it's AMD that decided to drop support early.

Nvidia supports Windows 8.1 on all their DX10 cards.

11. NXR

NXR Guest

GPU:
    I just installed the newer 12.11 and it's working everything, thx anyways.