2 years since far cry 3, give us ur take

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ramthegamer, Jul 30, 2014.

1. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    it's my third playthrough of this game, i'm simply ignoring the story points, just going in barging the outposts,. or sniping my way into them,exploring the islands
    have your say about this grt game.

2. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Boring.

3. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    first island was ok. 2nd was really boring

4. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    actually i can understand the devs opting with the second island for a different kind of turf, to give variety to the land after the more exotic turf type in the first one.

5. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Awesome. If it wasnt for the stuttering issues at release and this horrible looking detail streaming pixel bug... uhm ... effect it wouldve been my fav game 2013.

6. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Well the story kind of stopped there as well. felt like a rushed game from that point.

7. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    it suffers from consolitis alright. :), thx to config file tweaks the game ran margingly better.

8. nikavelli

nikavelli Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 Ti
    Couldn't stand this game. Bought it on Steam during the summer sale but discovered I had to download and install another platform (Usoft) to run it. The UI was cluttered and awful. Negative mouse accel ruined the game for me, couldn't bare it. When I raised the horribly low default FOV, my performance tanked. After that, I had enough and uninstalled.

9. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    Suffers from ubisoft-itis. I can see the appeal tho, their games are made to appeal to everyone and is why they are so generic. And I don't like generic that much.

10. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    come on u can't call that generic, generic is a game like Aliens colonial marines, a game like rambo.. etc..

11. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    I enjoyed all of them, i would say however that 3 was the weakest.

12. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    Well..Yes I can. why? Because I've picked up almost every Ubi game the last few years and they all follow the exact same world building and game-play patterns. Nothing unique, nothing exceptional. Q&A Recipe built games with zero creativity that take zero chances. Anyway no point in arguing about this. I'm sure you'll have immense fun playing the next Ubisoft open world / capture point / Skin Animal / Insert grindy repetitive side activities here / zero impact story . I just think I've had enough of those Ubi-verse game experiences to last me a lifetime by now :p

13. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    Blood dragon seems better

14. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    fc3 was horrible. the first 2 were better.

15. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Fun but repetitive.

16. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    The game got repetitive, didn't quite enjoy that. Also hated how you had to go from one pixel of the island to the far end pixel, for a mission and then back... felt like they were forcing the exploration bit on us...

FC: 1>3>2

17. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    The game is a blast - I have it set up with Mods that make it less hand holding nub friendly and more of a challenge and that allow me to create any combo of weapon attachments on any weapon I want etc... also with re-takeable Outposts (the best part of the game). I'm totally ignoring the story this time around and just doing free roamin guerilla combat to my heart's content.

I give the vanilla release a solid 8/10 - as I have it set up now i'ts about a 9.2/10 - it just needs full free roam Co-Op and an option to turn off my asswhipe protagonists voice and it's a 10/10 for me.

18. KrzYsieK8926

KrzYsieK8926 Guest

GPU:
    MSI HD 7770 Ghz Edition
    Far Cry 2 was better. Story in FC 3 is shameful.

19. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    Not the best in series but i enjoyed it a lot. I liked how dumb and silly the pirates were, the first island, vaas, exploring and hunting, the character arc from a rich and scared mommy boy to a full rambo monster, taking outposts etc and it had for me a certain charm, dunno.

20. Bleib

Bleib Guest

GPU:
    MSI RX 480 8GB
    Far better than the second one with its alzheimers problem. But still, the environment was not convincing and it was never jaw-droppingly beautiful as the first game was one it came out.

There are too many missions which are quite narrow and do exactly as they want you, this is bad for immersion. And of course too many quicktime events. And it of course feels a lot like a console game, and could used a lot of tweaking to be made better. The mini-map and the tagging break immersion, it's too helpful.