vfw h264 record settings

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Deleted member 114840, Jul 30, 2014.

1. I have tried for hours to get vfw h264 to work for video capture to no avail. I followed a video on youtube, read through a thread on here, tried everything and I can't get it to work. I get absolutely no video, just a corrupted file. Is there a guide that someone can link me to to set it up correctly?

Thanks.

2. gedo

gedo Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700 XT 12GB
    When not running any games, running just Afterburner:
    In Afterburner main window, just right of your graphics card's name, is a letter "i". Press that.

Look for the entry under On-Screen Display Server that has "Active 3D Processes". You probably have some (64-bit) tool(s) running that Afterburner erroneously attaches to, which prevents you from capturing game video. Take note of the .exes listed and close the information window.

Go to Settings > On-Screen Display Tab > More
    (RivaTuner Statistics Server Properties window opens)

For each process you noted earlier, add an exception for it by pressing the large plus at the lower left corner and selecting the .exe.
    For each file, set the Application detection level to "None".

3. Thank you for the reply.

I did exactly what you told me to do. I had two programs that I was able to unattach from afterburner. I unfortunately get the same problem. I restarted my system to make sure they showed unattached.

"Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file."

I downloaded an installed a codec from Sourceforge.net with this description:
    Description
    x264vfw is the VfW (Video for Windows) version of well known x264 encoder + ffh264 decoder (from FFmpeg/Libav project).

When I try playing a minutes worth of game play (just a tester) in VLC I get a split second of blank screen with a high pitched noise.

Very frustrating. People make it seem so easy to use and setup. I've worked on it for 4 hours with no signs of anything.

4. gedo

gedo Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700 XT 12GB

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2014