Max Curse of Brotherhood - Resolution Problem - Help Please?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by slayer213, Jul 29, 2014.

1. slayer213

slayer213 Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Amp! 8 GB
    Just started with this 2D puzzle platformer called Max: The Curse of Brotherhood. Enjoying it and into chapter 2 now but I noticed that the game is not running in full HD - 1920x1080 resolution on my PC but on 1024x768 which is the resolution I use when I am just working on my desktop (No, I dont use the 1080p res as everything's too small and it hurts my eyes - old habits die hard from old CRTs with 1024x768 res :)).

Now I have seen this problem before in many games especially the fighting games Mortal Kombat 9 & Injustice Gods Among Us but the fix for those was to change your desktop resolution to 1920x1080 and then load the game and it will then run fine in 1080p res. However, I have tried that here with this game but it still seems to run in the 1024x768 res with black bars above and below and everything appearing so small.

Tried looking for any config file in the game folder but couldn't find anything. Searched online before posting but no one else seems to be facing any such problems or the game is just not popular enough for people to post problems.

Any help would be appreciated - really sucks to play in a ****ty resolution when I have the rig to easily play it at its very best.

I have a BenQ XL2410T monitor with max refresh rate of 120Hz and ofcourse supporting full HD (1920x1080).

2. MaLDo

MaLDo Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080
    I can't help you with Max because I don't own the game yet, but I can recommend you using native resolution for desktop and then, you can increase cursor size with a custom cursor, increase icon size in desktop configuration and increase text size using 125% or 150% windows options. All will be sharp but big.

3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    One of those games that detect screen resolution based on current desktop res I guess, you will have to delete the config file and then start the game with desktop resolution set to native. :)

Let's see it's Unity Engine and that means it can also be a registry value, Press Play as developer so it'll likely be the key name in there.

EDIT: Yep.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\PressPlay\Max The Curse of the Brotherhood\

It's pretty self explanatory from there but change these two.

Screenmanager Resolution Width_
    Screenmanager Resolution Height_

Make sure to use Decimal as the value, not Hexadecimal. :)

4. slayer213

slayer213 Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Amp! 8 GB

Works like a charm! Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks a ton, dude :)

5. NimbusTLD

NimbusTLD Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti
    Thanks for this, now I can play this game with DSR :)