rapied storage technology

Discussion in 'SSD and HDD storage' started by prescient, Jul 26, 2014.

1. prescient

prescient Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 Evga
    i cant get RST to work . it says an error message with a wrong platform thing .

it worked on a previous os instillation . i guess it even worked on this os at start until it gave an error message .

2. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    10-11-12-13 of RST all work for different sets of chipsets you have to use the approriate one for your chipset

If your on a 4770k i think you need to use 13 rst verison

3. prescient

prescient Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 Evga
    give me a link and advise me if there is any bios settings , if you can , thanks

4. INSTG8R

INSTG8R Guest

GPU:
    Nitro+ 5700XT
    Not true at all

I just installed 13 on my P67 ;)

[​IMG]

5. prescient

prescient Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 Evga
    well they are some kinds of unstable be or not to be drivers i guess ,
    like now you see me now you dont

like now you see me now you dont

lol i guess ill be ok without it

6. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

That's true, but earlier drivers won't support chipsets that weren't around at the time of driver publication apart from prerelease drivers for a new chipset. Even if the earlier drivers did support the latest chipsets as a prerelease consideration, I wouldn't recommend using them!

Existing chipsets are supported when new chipsets are released, but Intel usually drops support for the earliest chipset in a series when a new one is supported. The latest AHCI drivers only support the C600, 7, 8, and 9 series chipsets. The reason why your 6 series chipset is supported is because the RAID driver is actually separate to the AHCI driver, and the RAID driver does support the 6 series chipset. Looking at the INF file for the RAID driver, it appears there's only two identifiers (one for desktop, one for laptop), practically meaning the RAID controller hasn't changed much and is probably the same (essentially) for your chipset and the latest chipsets.

Setting your bios to RAID as a workaround for drivers support I believe wouldn't work...? It's probable the RAID features are available but not the AHCI acceleration features.

7. prescient

prescient Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 Evga
    you are not safe , it was installed on my machine 100% twice and just went offline .

8. INSTG8R

INSTG8R Guest

GPU:
    Nitro+ 5700XT

Well I am actually using RAID 0 so they are of benefit to me. Had them on for at least a week now and no issues and in fact running running HDtune it actually improved my benchmark.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2014