Infamous: Second Son

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by eclap, Jul 23, 2014.

1. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    So, there's no thread about this game, surprisingly enough. I got my PS4 bundled with this game, after hearing it was good. I've never played any Infamous games, even though I had Infamous 2 on my PS3.

This game rocks. It's utterly brilliant. Another example of console games offering something different to PC games. I wasn't loving it that much at the beginning, you have no powers and the one you have cost a lot of smoke.

But I've played some more today and yesterday, leveled up, got new abilities and leveled them up. Now the game is just awesome. You can approach fights many different ways. The graphics are nice, combat silky smooth, story developing nicely. The setting and the way they portrayed Seattle is spot on, it's just beautiful.

Makes me wonder why such games never appear on PCs. What a shame.

2. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    I agree. I didn't really like the game all that much at the beginning, but once you start unlocking more powers it starts to become fun. It can be challenging it times, with enough side quests to keep you busy for a long time. I haven't really touch any PC games since owning a PS4. Killzone, Infamous, even Watchdogs all look and play brilliantly. It doesn't bode well for PC gaming when you consider the vast majority of AAA games will only be appearing on the next gen consoles.

Edit* Don't forget to try out the paper trail investigator missions.

https://infamouspapertrail.com/?locale=uk

Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
  3. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Played it on my friends PS4 very good game, nowhere near as graphically appealing as people say it is. Gameplay is fun though, I still much prefer the second Infamous game though.

4. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    What are people saying about it ? Ive only seen someone say it looks better then watchdogs so far.

5. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Try it at night-time with the neon power, it looks beautiful, it really does. The daytime doesn't look anything special.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAjGR56TqNU

6. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I don't see anything on PC that can hold a candle to Infamous Second Son, graphically.

At night and at sunset, the lighting and textures are head and shoulders above anything on the market right now.

The only flawed spot I see is the draw distance is pretty weak. Considering this is a first gen title...I can't wait to see what comes next 1886 looks jaw dropping in motion. Really excited for that.

I haven't played a game on my PC since buying both systems.

7. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I am yet to unlock neon power. Currently in Georgetown, I am supposed to be doing the district lockdown (DUP down to like 15%) but there's no icon on the map for some reason so not sure how to start the lockdown (should be a helicopter boss fight).

Graphically the game is ridiculous and Ghosty, I have to agree, I haven't gamed a single minute on my PC this month, since getting the PS4. These games are just loads more fun. I guess I bought my PS4 at a good time, catching up on the "classics" (Infamous, Killzone), plus we just had new Oddworld, then Last of Us, Destiny, FIFA, NHL to follow in the next couple of months. Good times ahead indeed.

I don't know what it is about these PS4 exclusives, but they are just better than most PC games.

8. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    I think the main issue with PC games is the fact that most of them are multiplat shovelware from companies more focused on hitting targets than creating decent games, Sony on the other hand just seem to want to make great games and is open to letting their Dev teams build what they want to build rather trying to follow trends.

9. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    You argued with me about ps4 vs. pc gaming a few months ago in my "Consoles dictate pc's" thread. Now you get where I'm coming from? PC is just becoming an after-thought. Dev's throw ported crap on it that is usually half broken, exclusives are minimal at best.

Its heartbreaking as I loved my pc gaming, but it's the truth, pc gaming is dead as far as being the innovator. It's now an expensive port box that offers user mods and higher resolution. Gone are the days where you had your own PC games that consoles didn't have. All the exclusives are on consoles now.

10. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Well, multi platform games are still technically better on pc. I've been there, owned consoles in the past, this is not my first console. What I'm saying is that console exclusives are incredible. So fresh.

I always have a gaming PC and a console for exclusives. Only sold my ps3 because I exhausted the catalogue of ps3 exclusive games. Ps4 is a breath of fresh air.

11. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Just when I thought I was getting anywhere near the end of this awesome game, boom, 2nd island to play.

12. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    Second island is a blast, are playing as hero or are you going the infamous route? I went hero first time round and I'm about half way through my infamous play through.

13. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Hero :)

Just killed that Angel boss, took me about 10 tries ouch.

14. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    Nice, it's worth playing through twice as some of the evil powers are pretty sweet.

That Angel boss is a beast, nice to have some challenging bosses in a game for once though.

15. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    gorgeous game and i'm a fan of the whole series, there is some new DLC coming out for this game as well shortly.

16. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    This game is freaking awesome!! Its one of those games where you play for hours and hours without forgetting the time lol

17. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    I just finished the game. IMHO its a must have title for the ps4. great game!!

18. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Couldn't agree more. Excellent game.

19. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
  20. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU: