OBS & Raptr twitch streaming

Discussion in 'General Software and Applications' started by Sasquatch, Jul 19, 2014.

1. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi GTX 970 Gaming 4G
    Tried using Raptr yesterday, along with the Twitch streaming in it, but the video comes out looking like an old 80s cable tv hack, with a lot of video artifacts, a good chuck of the bottom half of the screen constantly flickering to a green background. I tried on my wife's R9 270, predictably same results. (Side note - BF3 also had piss poor performance after optimization. All it did was go from "Custom" to "Ultra" - even though all the sub-settings stayed the exact same)
    I tried using OBS and that streams beautifully, with almost no performance hit. Pretty sure I'm running basic defaults in OBS, aside from setting twitch stuff. Using 14.4 drivers on my machine, 14.2 (I think) on Wife's machine.

So I'm wondering does anyone know of a way that I might be able to use the encoder/files from OBS in Raptr's twitch streaming or something? I like that I can control everything in-game with Raptr, especially since I have to stay fullscreen for Crossfire support.
    Any help? I've seen a couple other 7850 users having issues. Is this specifically in the 7/270 series cards?

2. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi GTX 970 Gaming 4G
    Anyone?

3. CoRxr

CoRxr Guest

GPU:
    you can see my problems over here raptr.com / forums / showthread. php?t=35283
    I have an amd 7850(single card). Can you link a past broadcast:pc1:?
    EDIT: sorry i can't post a link, i just signed up to tell you you're not alone!:bang:

Last edited: Jul 24, 2014
  4. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi GTX 970 Gaming 4G
    I don't have anything setup yet to archive my stuff, but your stream @ http://www.twitch.tv/xcorx/b/549638002 is exactly the same thing I'm seeing. Did a little testing and it doesn't matter if I'm fullscreen or windowed mode either.
    I've learned for both AMD Raptr & OBS that Crossfire is not supported & seems to be an issue with how Sli/Crossfire works and the software capture mechanism.
    I'm also having issues with the stream dumping after about 3min, saying my bandwidth isn't enough - yet I can steam at full using OBS.

So far I'm thinking if I want to stream, it's gonna be try to sell my 7850s, get a single card & start running everything in some form of windowed mode again.

5. CoRxr

CoRxr Guest

GPU:
    From what I've gathered they don't support crossfire. Disable hardware accel in flash, right click inside a flash window > settings > display, uncheck > enable hardware acceleration. :banana:

certain hardware :/ if you want to toss me one of those 7850s i say get a new card, if not keep em! :nerd: The 7850 performs well, IMHO..

Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
  6. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi GTX 970 Gaming 4G
    Seen a bit at the raptr forums that XFire is soon to be supported, but still going back to single cards. Just so much easier. Already found this fix for viewing the archived streams.
    Already sold both of em to a local guy. Looking to get a 280x next week or so.
    Enjoyed them, but so much easier to not have to worry about fullscreen for the best performance.

7. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    I have tried everything to stream and here is what I have found.
    Obs will not work with crossfire. Raptr works but gives a pretty bad performance hit. Mirillis action ! However will work and if you use the amd app export function you get almost no performance hit . I can play BF4 at 1440p using ultra settings and maintain 120 fps while streaming at 1080p and 30fps. That's amazing. Not sure if your card supports amd app, but it's worth a try.