Tekken 7

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by anxious_f0x, Jul 14, 2014.

1. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
  2. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Ooooooh yes :p some tekken action \o7

3. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
  4. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    i see they still draging out that story. look nice, now if only it WAS NOT a fighting game.

5. chimchim

chimchim Guest

GPU:
    nothing
    Can't wait for this :D

I can finally get rid of my PlayStation

Who else?

6. KrzYsieK8926

KrzYsieK8926 Guest

GPU:
    MSI HD 7770 Ghz Edition
  7. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I laughed so hard at that.

I like that the developers are looking into communities for their feedback, but man this was negative feedback taken wrong to the max!

8. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    Can't believe people were losing there **** so much over this anyway, don't like the character then don't play as her simple :)

9. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Lol .. this and Neil Druckmann's comments, the perfect response to NeoGAF. Just ignore them.

Oh no that's sexist blah blah blah ...

Last edited: Dec 9, 2014
  10. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    If I could get back every quarter I spent at the arcade on this series when I was growing up, I'd have a lot of damn quarters lol. This will be a day one pre-order for me.

11. Megabiv

Megabiv Guest

GPU:
    GTX980Ti SLI (h²o)
    Better have the character in the EU version, sexist or not I don't like having my games edited because of a small insignificant minority. Hell I've barely even heard of Neogaf until I read about it with people crying over some game (might have been AC france edition or something).

For the love of god though don't make it a purchasable DLC :3eyes:

12. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Yes it will be EU and Asia exclusive.. Funny **** thought, she looks ok for what she is :D

Anyway, gfx could have been a bit better, like character lighting & real hair - not something half with 2d textures.. :nerd:

60fps video

Last edited: Dec 19, 2014
  13. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    When I imported my ps1 from Japan back in 1994, I had Tekken imported also along with ridge racer. Nobody over here even knew what a ps1 was as I had mine a full 12 months before anyone else. Not only that the jap version ran at 60hz compared to uk pal of 50hz which was like night and day and required different levels of timing to become good. The ps1conversion on jap and usa consoles was an almost perfect conversion of namcos system 22 architecture.

Anyhow I used this to my advantage and entered 3 competitions around Birmingham at the time. 2 I won and 1 I lost. Great times and great game, played them to death up to Tekken 3 every weekend religiously.

However I've been burnt out on fighting games for around 15 years, I blame this on Tekken, supergun games and neo geo which was a 2d fighters dream console.

However I may take the new Tekken for a spin, get some old friends round just like the old days. However the fighting genre peaked with sf2,samurai showdown,kof94 etc

It will never be the same again as the golden age of fighting games went along time ago, now its a niche market instead of a top seller that everyone wanted to play and own.

Even with the fancy new graphics and sound they just ain't the same anymore, that magical feeling is gone.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2014
  14. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Looks good but i think i will look better since it just getting release on Arcades next month, if it won't come to PC i'll buy PS4 just for that as i've done with PS3.

Gosh TTT2 is best tekken ever made, can't wait for 7 but i do hope the story will be dark as in Tekken 4, so far Tekken 4 was the worst in the series but the story tops all tekkens easily, the atmosphere was perfect.

15. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I'm a Kazuya, Jin, Kunimitsu, Yoshimitsu user, rest? :D

Come to think of it.. I kinda miss playing my yoshimitsu etc.. damn dude.. :S Sold my TTT2 lol, got bored of it (and concluded that it hurts my nerves.. :D).

16. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Nina Paul users mainly, trying new characters ATM, Marduk and Zafina seems nice :D

17. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Paul Phoenix.
    Hard to use from a noobs perspective, you cannot button bash with this char.
    Also has counter moves since Tekken 2 so when used correctlly you cannot be beaten because after each flurry you apply a counter as a defensive. Taking it to a new level if the opponent expects the counter then they do not attack therefore you apply another flurry. End of the day the opponent is always on the defensive, without counter moves against phoenix your ****ed.

One of the devs most favourite chars also Paul Phoenix, according to one of the devs from one of my EDGE magazines. I used to use Nina on Tekken 1 but no counters means at high level no good.

Only char i had trouble with was King, once he grabs you and if one knows how to do the 10 hit grappling combo then your ****ed, game over. However expert King players are few and far between.

Steve fox also in the right hands is deadly, again expert players few and far between. Speed over power will always win especially with parry counter which steve has.

Yoshimitsu is too flamboyant and easy to read, once you get used to his teleportation bull**** he is one of the easiest to beat out of all chars, you can almost beat him without looking at the screen once he starts his flurry which i used to do back in the 90s looking at the person i was fighting without even looking at the screen for the ultimate pisstake/taunt, either counter half way through or wait till the end of flurry and then unleash devastation especially when using low sweeps with Phoenix, even if opponent blocks it, you have counters as a defensive.

Jin son of kazuyza is exactly the same as kazuya, only difference is Jin has counters which make him deadly in the right hands, even though he is a little slow and lacks power for his lack of speed.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2014
  18. chimchim

chimchim Guest

GPU:
    nothing
    I'm a Lei Wulong stance master :cool:

19. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    One of my friends used to play with good old Jackie chan. Can be very difficult to read in the right hands. One of the most hardest characters i ever came across in any fighting game was Voldo from Soul Edge/Caliber. In the right hands is unbeatable because his moves defy logic. WTF the devs were thinking when they made this char i will never know. Eddy Gordo is another but is quite predictable once you get used to him. Voldo is totally unorthodox however.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2014
  20. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    One thing I've always disliked about Tekken is how they included characters like Eddie and Christy, it's not so much the characters I dislike it's the fact that pretty much anyone can just mash the kick buttons and do somewhat well.

I'm a Kazuya/Jack user myself. Jin used to be my main character until they completely redone his move set in Tekken 4 to bring him more inline With Jun.

They need to bring back Gon!