Warranty Claims with EVGA: Anything I Need to Know?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Goose, Jul 14, 2014.

1. Goose

Goose Guest

GPU:
    GTX980Ti Hybrid (+ GT745)
    So my GTX 680 SC seems to have crippled itself: The BIOS splash page always comes up with corruption on it, and where the four lights in Win7 should hand off to a log-on screen, the monitor goes to sleep, and if I give it some more time, the mobo will beep at me. :paranoid:

It'll come up in Safe Mode, and once I run DDU, it will come up without a driver, but if I then install 337.88 and reboot? :dead:

I didn't overclock the card any more then the factory numbers, but the CPU and MoBo had been leaned upon: I'd get two diffrent flavors of artifacts in MW: O if I didn't boost the QPI-pll/ IOH-core twins up to 1.220 each.

My system is now running as expected with the old GTX580 in it, and no OC, and I have no way to put the GTX680 into anything else for testing.

So the question becomes what can I expect out'a EVGA? :leave:

2. southamptonfc

southamptonfc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 OC
    Another 680 or a 770 I should think. Everyone always talks about how good their RMA service is.

3. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Contact EVGA and start an RMA. If they can't fix it, they'll send you another 680 or 770. Their customer service is really great.

4. clawhamer

clawhamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Classified
    This is where EVGA excels, so take advantage of it. As Delta pointed out, you'll get the same or similar performing card.

5. PurSpyk!!

PurSpyk!! Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I recently had to RMA a GTX470, and got a GTX570 in return. A previous RMA of a different GTX470 was replaced with the same card, so its not guranteeded that you will get a newer version.

6. HAZ-MAN

HAZ-MAN Active Member

GPU:
    evga sc GTX 780 ti sli
    :infinity:EVGA is as stated very good with thier warranty, I had to rma once and had no problem getting a response and the issue fixed.

7. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
  8. Goose

Goose Guest

GPU:
    GTX980Ti Hybrid (+ GT745)
    Heh: Thanks for the replies …

So, the former GTX 680 SC Signature+ w/Backplate is now with UPS, as I started the process late last night; The biggest hold up was me eating and sleeping around checking my e-mail. :bed:

Everything I saw in their site suggested I could be deemed void if someone wasn't having a perfect day, so I asked here. Seems I didn't have to worry about a thing

I typed in a preference for cross-flow cooling: Think they will honor that?

9. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    I don't think they consider that request a priority just a comparable replacement.

10. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    I wouldnt worry about an evga card rma, they will take care of you. thats why I try to buy evga cards for the warranty.

11. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    EVGA were a complete and utter waste of time when I contacted them, really really unhelpful.

12. clawhamer

clawhamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Classified
    Unfortunately, like any company, they have those human beings working there. So you may get a stupid one or one having a bad day.

13. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    Yeah, fortunately the 4 times I RMA'ed my 750i SLi FTW they were pretty good about it. They do give you the run around for a bit, which sucks but if you burn them a bit they'll start it up quick. I was dealing with a problem for like 2 weeks (mobo wouldn't boot) until they finally broke down and gave me a RMA. The only thing that really ground my gears was the time I wanted to 90 day step up my gtx 460 to a 560ti, and they somehow snuck a version on newegg that didn't allow 90 day step ups. (I was beyond pissed)

14. theimported1

theimported1 Master Guru

GPU:
    980Ti SLI on EK Blocks
    I had to RMA my X58 FTW.

It had a dead RAM slot.

Spent about 30 minutes on the phone with tech support, had a new board shipped out while I still held onto the other board.
    Installed the new, and sent the old back.

I have been purchasing EVGA whenever it has made sense for me to do so ever since.
    It was just an easy hassle free experience for me.

Their forums are a top notch community as well.

15. Vxheous

Vxheous Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 X
    I RMA'ed a dead GTX 295 with EVGA back in 2012, and they gave me a GTX 570 SC in return. Top notch warranty service, they even paid for shipping both ways.

16. mahanddeem

mahanddeem Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX1080Ti StrX
    Do they send new (really new) products or refurbished ?
    A question for those who actually experienced their RMA process.

17. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    If it is under warranty then RMA it plain and simple, they will fix it for you or give you a newer equivalent or if lucky a better card.

Few years back I RMA my 9800gt that had LIFETIME warranty I got back a 450gts that carries the 9800gt same lifetime warranty to boot and none of the 450gtx carry a lifetime warranty that i am aware of if you bought them. seeing the done away with the lifetime warranty.

Basically if that 450gts they gave me threw rma I can have it replaced if it ever fails, do to if following warranty of the original 9800gt which was lifetime. They might done away with lifetime warranty but they honor it if you still have one those card have proof and it dies.

Best warranty service for any card brands i ever had, it why i still only buy evga for gpu

Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
  18. Straykatt

Straykatt Guest

GPU:
    3090 FE
    eVGA all the way!

19. PurSpyk!!

PurSpyk!! Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I think the cards were all refurbished, althought the GTX 570 I got, seemed to be new, it had all the protective stickers on the card.

20. Vxheous

Vxheous Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 X
    mine was new i'm pretty sure, but the RMA policy does say that they could send you a refurb as replacement