Metro 2033/Last Light Full Command List

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by Yecnot, Jul 8, 2014.

1. Yecnot

Yecnot Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti
    Heh, did a lot of searching for these. There used to be a bug that made the dev console appear at startup. I spent quite a while trying to reproduce it, but meh, I was only doing it to find these commands. Originally I tried to use commands from S.T.A.L.K.E.R, but the engines aren't quite the same. They can be added to your user.cfg, so get tweaking! :banana:

http://imgur.com/a/HpkhM

So far I've found commands for dof, physics, particles, ambient occlusion filters , lod distances. To think days ago I was complaining about the lack of graphics options. :banana:

My source for this was a post in neogaf http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=57662058

This might also help with those of you who have performance problems with 2033, although I, with my 64 x2 and GT 640, never did. :rolleyes:

Interest: http://kukka.siilo.fi/~kuutio/tiedosto.txt.16663

Last edited: Jul 8, 2014
  2. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Viglink? Spam much ?

3. Yecnot

Yecnot Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti
    Don't know what viglink is. Spam? I think these could be pretty useful, and this happens to be the Game Tweak thread. When theworse posted his mod, did you call it spam? :nerd:

Quite a few of the commands are related to the engine, but of course the devs removed them. Might have something to do with the obviously artificial reduction in graphics settings...

Last edited: Jul 8, 2014
  4. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    VigLink | Automated monetization technology for publishers

Basically a pay per click ad service

5. Yecnot

Yecnot Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti
    Oh dude I swear, that wasn't my intention. Using chrome, I copied the link addresses for the images. They were posted here http://abload.de/. It didn't appear to be a Viglink site or whatever to me.

Honestly couldn't even read anything but the pictures, I'll post them from imgur :3eyes:

6. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    It happens, some sites inject viglinks. They take over the links, collect data etc. You changed the links, good man ;)

7. Yecnot

Yecnot Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti
    Someone confirm if Reduxed versions work with these? I have both versions, but can't play them until they fix the stupid SSE4.1 glitch.

8. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    Give me your cfg which you use, I'll copy the commands and see if I get a framerate boost.

9. DirtyDan

DirtyDan Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB
    Yes would you give us some commands to get the best lighting, texture, shader quality like the GI, Volumetricx, POM, SSS stuff without the occlusion and shadows and extra ****? That would be fantatastic.

10. Yecnot

Yecnot Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti
    r_lod_shadow_quality starts at 1., but can be raised to 2.
    r_lod(higher is better) and r_lod_discard(higher means lower iq) will help if you happen to ever notice any pop-in
    r_shadowed Increases lighting effect on objects (decrease it and you'll hardly see flashlight shadows)
    r_sun_shafts (will increase intensity of sun shafts)

I've only touched settings that I thought would improve my performance. If you take a good look you'll find what you're looking for, like texnostreaming, which might kill any pop-in, but could cripple your system.

11. DirtyDan

DirtyDan Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB
    You got any way to force what Verh High uses like textures or POM and Sub Surface? What Very High uses? i noticed the texture on the typewriter in the main menu changed dramatically? Or any way to tone down whatever Very High uses that is so damned stressful.? What do you think Very high is using texture and lighting wise? i can provide pics if necessary

12. Yecnot

Yecnot Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti
    Considering the lack of substantial IQ difference between High and Very High, and that ssaa and tessellation are separated from these presets, I can't be sure.

I'm not sure if the original Metro LL had DOF enabled even with Very High, but try r_dx11_dof 0.

The biggest question of all here is the proportion of IQ to performance with Very High. The problem with determining the cause is that changing the presets will not affect the cfg other than r_game_quality.

I could of course give some commands to improve performance in very high, but that would probably mean lesser IQ combined with the already inefficient trade-off between high and very high.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2014
  13. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    I tried some commands related to LOD, and tbh it didn't seem to work. The only command I can confirm which worked was notexstreaming, which literally broke the game :p

the dof command 0 doesn't work which is a shame because some scenes use heavy dof and in the first metro, dof enabled was a huge performance leech. I bet Very High FORCES dof.

I still don't get why they can't offer individual graphic options, but I guess they just won't, its their 'third' effort after all. Well will probably steer clear of their releases in future. Half the people can max 'some' elements in the game, yet need to drop down 1 preset because the other elements they cannot max.

For example. 9.43mpx shadows in the very high preset in the default metro 2033. Hell now the very high preset doesn't even tell you what you are maxing. Way to treat the user like an idiot.

14. DirtyDan

DirtyDan Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB
    Ok, so anything in Metro 2033 Redux that say lighting or texture wise (POM, SubSurface, Volumetric, GI) that Very High has that High doesnt that i can force? i saw i can use the -3 mip bias and the specular component

15. Yecnot

Yecnot Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti
    http://www.firedrive.com/file/BF795DE2F64F14A5

This is very buggy, but definitely a performance increase. You'll have horrible pop-in, lighting, etc. I can't really do any precise tweaks (ones that don't cause the aforementioned effects) until I become gpu-limited (getting Q9300 soon).

Anything I try now could very well work, but I couldn't tell because past a certain point graphics settings no longer affect my fps (perpetual bottleneck).

16. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    Thanks, will give it a whirl.

Edit: Works just like you said :p Lots of popping in and lighting bugs. But runs insanely well. Without even editing the resolution, I was hitting 300fps :p

This would have been so easy if we just had individual graphic options...

Last edited: Sep 5, 2014
  17. Yecnot

Yecnot Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti
    It seems to me that this was an intentional move by 4A, although I don't know why they would do this to pc gamers of all people.

18. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    I refuse to believe a Developer in the year 2014 cannot offer graphics settings. Even Indie games have diverse graphic settings(The Forest) so it cannot be an insanely hard task, just pure incompetence on 4A's part, or they're just lazy.

Also your config doesn't have 'drops', like it runs mostly 280-300fps (10min test), infact it didn't drop below 280 at all (unless I wasn't looking). played from Polis to the Library Entrance. Now the main bug left for them/community/nvidia to fix is the SSR flickering with SLI (300fps makes the flickering INSANE).

Off topic, you going to play Dead Rising 3? :p I challenge your RIG!

19. Yecnot

Yecnot Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti
    Console port + 50 NPCs on screen? That would be the end of my pc, haha. I will try it with the Q9300 though!