Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > General Chat > The Guru's Pub
The Guru's Pub Hang out with Guru3D's staff and other visitors, have a nice civilized chat, nothing hardware related though !

For you Clive Barker fans out there.
Old
  (#1)
PhazeDelta1
Ancient Guru

Videocard: EVGA 780Ti Classified SLI
Processor: Intel i7 4770k
Mainboard: Asus Sabertooth Z87
Memory: 16GB Corsair 2133MHz
Soundcard: Creative SB Z
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2
Default For you Clive Barker fans out there. - 07-07-2014, 02:34 | posts: 13,604 | Location: USA

Quote:
On October 28, 2014, the horror home entertainment brand Scream Factory, in collaboration with Morgan Creek Productions and Clive Barker’s Seraphim, Inc., will finally unleash the highly sought-after Director’s Cut of Clive Barker’s classic tale of terror, Nightbreed, Bloody Disgusting learned!

Perfectly timed for Halloween, Nightbreed will be available in two retail versions: A 5,000 Unit Limited-Edition 3-Disc Blu-ray set and a Special Edition DVD & Blu-ray Combo.
Source

LIMITED EDITION SET: (Pre-Order here)

SPECIAL EDITION SET: (Pre-Order here)

Also
Quote:
Official statement from Director Clive Barker:

“This is film history and beyond my wildest dreams of realization. When Scream Factory told me that they found the Nightbreed film footage I was gob-smacked! This is the ultimate validation of choices made by myself and Mark Miller [of Seraphim Films] all the way back in 2008. As we embarked down the road of attempting to track down the lost footage, we looked at each other and said, ‘Maybe one day they’ll find it.’ It’s my pleasure to announce that the day has come. Speaking personally, I didn’t allow myself to believe that it would. Even if we did find some footage (which we did in 2009 in the form of heavily degraded VHS tapes) and even if we did find a company willing to release the film (which we did in 2013 with Scream Factory, God bless them) the prospect of finding the actual lost film materials was remoter than I’d wanted to admit out loud. If the footage could not be found by those who had worked closest on it the same year it had been released, then what were the odds we’d be able to find anything 20 years on?

But Scream Factory, in their commendable determination, kept up the search and thanks to them total reconstruction has been made a possibility. There’s never been a reconstruction that’s had as little chance of succeeding and yet has succeeded on as many fronts as this film has. It’s unprecedented. To now have a movie that we can put together in the way that I fully intended it to be seen when I first set out to make this film in 1989 is extraordinary. The project has moved inexorably to this conclusion. Fate and the hard work of individuals such as Mark Miller, Russell Cherrington, Phil and Sarah Stokes, Occupy Midian, Morgan Creek, and ultimately, Scream Factory have made this a possibility and I could not be happier.”

Old
  (#2)
MikeG
Member Guru

Videocard: Radeon 7950 3gb
Processor: i7 quad 3820 3.6gz
Mainboard: Asus P9 X79
Memory: ddr3 8gb
Soundcard: Onboard
PSU: Cooler Master 650
Default 07-07-2014, 06:57 | posts: 75 | Location: Calif

I would think at least a few members here have watched one of his movies on tv like Hellraiser and Candyman as I did. Your higher quality films of that genre. I played his pc game Undying years ago. Was pretty decent.

Old
  (#3)
PhazeDelta1
Ancient Guru

Default 07-07-2014, 11:39 | posts: 13,604 | Location: USA

I've read pretty much everything this guy has written. The Hellbound Heart being my favorite of his books. I'm glad he's finally able to released this movie the way it was originally intended.

Old
  (#4)
Veteran
Ancient Guru

Videocard: 690@1372-Vmod on H20-24/7
Processor: 4930k@4.2ghz-1.05v-H20
Mainboard: R4BE@Monoblock-H20
Memory: 16Gb Mushkin Redline2133
Soundcard: SupremeFX-Sennheiser 350
PSU: Corsair AX 1200i
Default 07-07-2014, 12:58 | posts: 10,620 | Location: United kingdom

Wasnt Nightbreed an old film from 1990? I thought it was crap tbh. I do rate Hellraiser 2: Hellbound as one of the best horror movies ever made, one of my favourites.

Old
  (#5)
PhazeDelta1
Ancient Guru

Default 07-07-2014, 14:55 | posts: 13,604 | Location: USA

I believe 1990. The movie was based off one of his books called Cabal. I liked the book better than the film but over the years the movie has grown on me. Also, I think Hellraiser 1 and 2 are top 10 best horror movies of all time. I'm hoping the reboot will go back to its roots.