Tomb Raider (2015): Rise of the Tomb Raider

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Loophole35, Jun 30, 2014.

1. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Okay so I'm a bit surprised there is no thread for this game. The trailer looks promising and if the game is as good as the last Tomb Raider this should be a great game.

Rise of the Tomb Raider

Discuss.

2. TR2N

TR2N Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD
    I liked tomb raider.
    It had excellent graphics aside of that hair triclo something which had a big impact on fps.
    Tomb raider had large open maps like far cry.
    Looking at this trailer she looks different lara of course.
    The closing scene looks great.
    Hopefully this continues more of the old.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2014
  3. DarkKnightDude

DarkKnightDude Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX770 4 GB OC
    That is a horrible title, but thankfully I don't buy for titles.

4. Passion Fruit

Passion Fruit Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    People who think that last game by the name of Tomb Raider even deserved to be called Tomb Raider clearly never played the old titles.

That wasn't a Tomb Raider game at all... It's about puzzles, and this new format has none of them.

They need to go back to actually making a game where you need to use your brain, not press A to highlight the goal like in this one... what an absolute joke.

5. TirolokoRD

TirolokoRD Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980TI ACX 2
  6. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
  7. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Loop, we clearly do :banana:

8. LesserHellspawn

LesserHellspawn Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080ti Eagle
    Well, *I* am thankful for this thread. The video linked here works, the other is blocked in germany. I'm only recently playing the 2013 Tomb Raider, since it was on Steam Summer Sale. I Like it, and will probably get the sequel.

Btw., 55-60 FPS with TressFX enabled (on Nvidia, yes), FXAA and everything else max :)

Perhaps the mods could just merge instead of delete ?

9. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Still have not played the last Tomb Raider games, played TR 1 and 2 on the PS1 until Res Evil 1 came out and TR 2 got shelved.

10. Pete J

Pete J Master Guru

GPU:
    Some of those as well
    Well, I didn't really like the old Tomb Raider games but really enjoyed the reboot, so each to their own.

I bought the new Tomb Raider in a sale for a fiver IIRC and it was a bargain. I'll be buying this as soon as it comes out.

11. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black

Clearly you dont know what a reboot of a series even means. Its not a remake of the original. And this newesy tomb raider is a great game.

12. HateCamel

HateCamel Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670
    While i liked the reboot, i can't shake the feeling that they're gonna take it in a very wrong direction. Which is sad.
    I don't think i could ever get used to the 'updated' model of Lara for instance...

13. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    I hate it when they just show movie intros, they should show actual gameplay, as could look like Manic Miner on the old ZX Spectrum for all we know. :D

14. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Too true. You have to remember that the gameplay would have been showing the Xbox One version, not the PC version (if there will be one). Hopefully they won't try and pull the same BS as Ubisoft have done and try and make all three platforms look the same (or as close to as possible), it actually means less efficiency on the PC side of things. Remember if people have more 'standard' systems they can always lower the graphical quality.

15. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    I have some faith in SquareEnix still they are definitely not Ubiport. The PC version of the 2013 Tomb Raider was well optimized, and looked leaps and bounds better that the initial console release.

16. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I dont like the FC3/Bruce Wayne finding his way to batman route they're taking. Tomb Raider was more about solving puzzles than it was about killing and hunting mercenaries.

Seems another fav IP has gone down the drain. More 'accessible' to reach a wider audience of sort. I imagine we'll be hunting/collecting animal hides and stealth killing (read: Press X to engage action cam kill/takedown) in an 'open world like Lara's never seen before'. But ill wait for reviews before passing entirely.

Yes, i have indeed had a ****ty day.

17. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    I dont know, the Reboot of last year was really on the period before she start to explore Tombs . In line with the scenario, she have grow up, this one seems more aimed at Tomb explorations, so maybe with more Puzzle. ( well just look how end the video ).

This was the complain who was offtly coming with the reboot, not enough puzzle, small tombs.. Well i can hope they have listen.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2014
  18. Zeppo

Zeppo Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 560Ti / Sony 40-EX723
    I thought the TR reboot was one of the best games of the last generation. It was like a really high budget action movie! New sequel will be a day 1 purchase for me!

19. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    Yeah we need more weak little girls turned Rambo within a couple of hours of story :p

20. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    First 2 Tomb Raider games were amazing, TR2 the best. pretty lame after that. The last game was good but they really missed out on an opportunity to make it feel epic. The game was limited to one island, which got a bit boring. I hope they go exploring the world a little bit in this next game.

I love games where you travel around the world. Different continents, countries, different settings to proceedings. Indy4 got this so right, also Uncharted 2 felt epic thanks to this. You feel like you're on an adventure.

The gameplay mechanics of the last TR game were great imo, but they'll have to go globetrotting to get my money again. No way I'm sending money to play a green/brown game.