Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > Videocards > Videocards - AMD - ATI Drivers Section
Videocards - AMD - ATI Drivers Section In this section you can discuss everything Catalyst related. AMD Catalyst drivers are for all AMD ATI based graphics cards. This is also the place to discuss modified Catalyst drivers.

Bluescreen atikmdag.sys
Old
  (#1)
blize

Videocard: Radeon XFX R9 270X 2GB
Processor: Intel Core i5
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU: Corsair 650RM
Exclamation Bluescreen atikmdag.sys - 06-19-2014, 16:45 | posts: 5

I recently purchased a R9 270X and now I have bluescreen with the name dag.sys watching videos playing atikm not happen ... Only in videos that use Flash 14.4 and got the drivers use google Chrome.
Thanks for the attention

Old
  (#2)
JonasBeckman
Ancient Guru

Videocard: R9 290 Tri-X Vapor-X OC
Processor: i7-3930K @ 4.1Ghz
Mainboard: Asus Rampage IV Extreme
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16GB
Soundcard: Asus ROG Phoebus
PSU: Corsair AX 1200W
Default 06-19-2014, 16:52 | posts: 9,448 | Location: Sweden

HTML5 hardware accelerated video playback can cause that though I thought these latest drivers (14.4 and more so 14.6) had solved most of it, for Flash player you just right click on the video window and go to properties and untick hardware acceleration but for HTML5 (Such as Chrome or the Youtube beta for it.) it's a bit more involving though I believe you can fine tune it somewhat instead of turning off GPU hardware acceleration for the entire browser.

EDIT: About:Flags in Google Chrome (As if it was a web address.) and then "Disable hardware-accelerated video decode" might work.

Last edited by JonasBeckman; 06-19-2014 at 16:54.

Old
  (#3)
blize

Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
Default 06-19-2014, 19:02 | posts: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasBeckman View Post
HTML5 hardware accelerated video playback can cause that though I thought these latest drivers (14.4 and more so 14.6) had solved most of it, for Flash player you just right click on the video window and go to properties and untick hardware acceleration but for HTML5 (Such as Chrome or the Youtube beta for it.) it's a bit more involving though I believe you can fine tune it somewhat instead of turning off GPU hardware acceleration for the entire browser.

EDIT: About:Flags in Google Chrome (As if it was a web address.) and then "Disable hardware-accelerated video decode" might work.
Yea for now i do one option that is expand the file atikmdag.sy_ i will see now if dont work i try this ... I think that was problem in graphic but i seeing thats not and its in drivers or browser

Old
  (#4)
Anvi
Member Guru

Videocard: 3x AMD HD7970 3GB
Processor: Core i7 3930k @ 4.7GHz
Mainboard: ASUS Sabertooth X79
Memory: XPG 2GHz 8GB
Soundcard: ASUS Xonar Essence STX
PSU: OCZ ZX 1250W
Default 06-19-2014, 20:17 | posts: 86 | Location: Finland

I've had same issue with html5 videos using firefox and Windows 8.1.. Tried pretty much every 2014 driver.

Now I've reverted to 13.12 drivers and uninstalled MSI Afterburner. WTB nVidia GTX 880....

Old
  (#5)
blize

Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
Default 06-19-2014, 20:20 | posts: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvi View Post
I've had same issue with html5 videos using firefox and Windows 8.1.. Tried pretty much every 2014 driver.

Now I've reverted to 13.12 drivers and uninstalled MSI Afterburner. WTB nVidia GTX 880....
And dont happens with 13.12 with hardware accelaration enable?

Old
  (#6)
Anvi
Member Guru

Videocard: 3x AMD HD7970 3GB
Processor: Core i7 3930k @ 4.7GHz
Mainboard: ASUS Sabertooth X79
Memory: XPG 2GHz 8GB
Soundcard: ASUS Xonar Essence STX
PSU: OCZ ZX 1250W
Default 06-20-2014, 14:25 | posts: 86 | Location: Finland

Quote:
Originally Posted by blize View Post
And dont happens with 13.12 with hardware accelaration enable?
Not so far. HTML5 doesn't even have an option to toggle it on/off

Old
  (#7)
blize

Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
Default 06-20-2014, 14:43 | posts: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvi View Post
Not so far. HTML5 doesn't even have an option to toggle it on/off
So the only problem is with drivers 14.x xD

Old
  (#8)
windrunnerxj
Member Guru

Videocard: Sapphire 6850HD Vapor-X
Processor: AMD Phenom II
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU: 750W
Default 06-20-2014, 15:42 | posts: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by blize View Post
So the only problem is with drivers 14.x xD
Seems like it.
Thought my card is old but as far as I remember the only BSODs I had lately were caused by the latest 14.6 betas. I'm not sure if it was HW acceleration or something else (because my browser is pretty much open 24/7), but there were BSODs when I tried to launch some games.
For example with Civ5 when I click Start in DX10/11 mode in Launcher I get a BSOD. Or with BF3 when I click on a server and Battlelog tries to start BF3.exe process I got a BSOD. Those were random like I get a BSOD, reboot, launch the game again and I play it without any BSODs. Right now it seems like those BSODs were caused by DX10/11 games because I play Dota 2 a lot and never had any BSODs in it caused by 14.6. Only when I tried to start BF3/Civ5.

Old
  (#9)
blize

Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
Default 06-20-2014, 17:12 | posts: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by windrunnerxj View Post
Seems like it.
Thought my card is old but as far as I remember the only BSODs I had lately were caused by the latest 14.6 betas. I'm not sure if it was HW acceleration or something else (because my browser is pretty much open 24/7), but there were BSODs when I tried to launch some games.
For example with Civ5 when I click Start in DX10/11 mode in Launcher I get a BSOD. Or with BF3 when I click on a server and Battlelog tries to start BF3.exe process I got a BSOD. Those were random like I get a BSOD, reboot, launch the game again and I play it without any BSODs. Right now it seems like those BSODs were caused by DX10/11 games because I play Dota 2 a lot and never had any BSODs in it caused by 14.6. Only when I tried to start BF3/Civ5.
In games I never had only seeing videos for now i disable hardware accelaration and waiting for AMD solve the problem ^^