EIZO FORIS FS2434 Gaming Monitor has 6 mm Ultra-Slim Frame

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 12, 2014.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    So basically its a FS2333 with slim frame.. Guess I'll stick with my FS2333 for a little longer :p

3. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Wasn't the FS2333 a S-PVA Panel which is a dieing breed?

4. Ven0m

Ven0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    They claim sub-1ms input lag, which sounds great, but I'd rather like that paired with 120Hz+ refresh and/or adaptive vsync

5. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    This sounds good. Is this a viable option for me who want to upgrade from a crappy TN monitor to a IPS with good gaming performance?

6. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    no its a IPS, just like this FS2434,

Actually FS2333 has a little faster g2g 3.4ms vs 4.9ms now, but I guess they lowered that with higher latency to compensate that blue tinting overshoots like seen with 3.4ms (if using enhanced overdrive).

although I would rather have S-pva, it has better contrast :D

7. NAMEk

NAMEk Guest

GPU:
    Gainward/GTX560/2GB
    I don't think g2g is the right way to measure "shadowing", black to white should be more preferable, and with 250CD/m2 , my 7years old monitor has 350CD/m2 and it's still to low for me in some conditions. And i wonder what is the lag between actual image and electronics, without these specs no monitor vendor can claim, that they have Gaming Monitor, although they do.

8. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I know its not real indicator, but overall its still the fastest IPS out there.. Seen few reviews - at least FS2333 model.

Well CD is better the lower, 350CD is bad for your eyes anyway, ideal is ~ 120CD/m2 :)

9. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    There has been one annoying issue in older Foris models: frame skipping when using higher refresh rate than 60Hz.

10. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    FS2333 doesnt have that, well it can't be OC'ed anyway 61Hz and it can go out of signal..

11. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Exactly... Frame skipping or locked at 60Hz. Kinda annoying limitation for gaming monitor. My ASUS MX239H works perfectly at 76Hz, difference is quite large when compared to 60Hz.

12. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black

Doesn't out of signal mean panel can't render more then 60hz? And not that it still works, but skips frames.. Or what is this frame skipping? :nerd:

Im not really bothered anyway, although I noticed now with 780GTX I get less ghosting then with 580gtx in something like Mortal Kombat KE @ vsync.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2014
  13. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Well frame skipping is different than being capped to 60Hz. I'm not sure if I remember correctly how these Eizos work (either they were capped at 60 Hz or had frame skipping i.e. discards frames above 60Hz) but now that I think about it the issue was that they were capped at 60Hz max and anything above that would result out of range regardless what timings you use.

14. NAMEk

NAMEk Guest

GPU:
    Gainward/GTX560/2GB
    When the sun shines at my windows, it's hard to see screen clearly, i max out my brightness and it's still to low, in darker conditions i use lowest brightness setting. And no 350cd/m2 is not bad for your eyes. Except in conditions where is huge light contrast differences. And i never completely turn off the light when it's dark and i'm watching movies or playing games, i dim it.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2014
  15. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    I'm using only 50cd/m² with my EIZO CX240 which is the lowest. And in a moderate dark room it's still pretty bright.

16. effebruno

effebruno Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA Quadro FX 350M
    FS2333 VS FS2434: which one?

Hi,
    it's quite some months (!) that I'm planning to buy a new pc since my notebook is too old and I wanted an IPS monitor to use for gaming too. I was very impressed by prad.de review of the FS2333 but now I'm a bit confused by this new FS2434, that is even cheaper on Amazon (.it). I couldn't find any review/comparison yet (it it too early?) and prad.de site seems to have discontinued its accurate reviews (the last one dates Jan 2013).

Could you help me pointing out the differences between the 2 models, in terms of pro/cons? What would you suggest me to buy? I am not an expert and, for this reason, I will neither have a color calibration probe to use upon my future monitor.

Thank you for all,
    Filippo

17. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Hi,

I would get this newer FS2434 model, it has less overshoots @ max overdrive vs FS2333, other characteristics are pretty much the same..

18. effebruno

effebruno Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA Quadro FX 350M
    Well, I was just seeing that this new FS2434 has a response time of 4.9ms VS 3.4ms of the (old) FS2333. Could this be the reason for which the FS2333 is more expensive even if it's quite 2 years old? Or are the 3.4s only valid while in overdrive mode, worse than that of the FS2434?

Thank you again,
    Pino

19. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black

FS2333 with 3.4ms is @ enhanced overdrive., Same by FS2434 4.9ms @ enhanced overdrive.

But its not so pretty @ 3.4ms (to much blue trail tinting going on), I would rather have 4.9ms.. That said I dont use enhanced, mostly stick with standard overdrive on my FS2333.

20. effebruno

effebruno Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA Quadro FX 350M
    Thank you. Could you imagine why the FS2434 that's a newer product (even with a slightly wider screen and better overdrive) is sold at a cheaper price than the FS2333? I just fear to purchase a monitor and realize afterwards that I could have invested a little more in something better.

Pino